Class of 2022 - C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Carey worked out at my buddy's facility yesterday in Mass and he posted some photos. Said he is the real deal...
He’s got crazy skill…could be a point guard…incredible handle...

274787841_10224774305132321_7665549121605787293_n.jpg

Peter Carey worked out at my buddy's facility yesterday in Mass and he posted some photos. Said he is the real deal...

Wicked. Seriously, he's the one i'm most excited to see in Orange.
I'm gonna keep saying it until i'm proven wrong and he flames out and transfers mid-way through his freshman season...
Kevin Garnett.

Clifton, thanks for passing that info along.

From the game clips / footage we've seen, I noticed that he seemed to be a very good ball handler and passer, although not sure about the level of competition.

Kid has a good frame, all of the athletic tools, and a good feel for the game. Solid prospect, despite the rankings.

Will be interesting to see what he can do when he arrives on the hill. Could end up being the "steal" of the class.

Clifton, thanks for passing that info along.

From the game clips / footage we've seen, I noticed that he seemed to be a very good ball handler and passer, although not sure about the level of competition.

Kid has a good frame, all of the athletic tools, and a good feel for the game. Solid prospect, despite the rankings.

Will be interesting to see what he can do when he arrives on the hill. Could end up being the "steal" of the class.
I think he has the highest ceiling of the current 5 coming in, and I don’t think it’s close. The major caveat is that I don’t think he has played competitively much over the past 2 seasons due to Covid and then the injury. He is going to need time.

I think he has the highest ceiling of the current 5 coming in, and I don’t think it’s close. The major caveat is that I don’t think he has played competitively much over the past 2 seasons due to Covid and then the injury. He is going to need time.
Would be perfect to be the 3rd center next year. Spot minutes and good practices against Jesse and Frank for development.

Would be perfect to be the 3rd center next year. Spot minutes and good practices against Jesse and Frank for development.
Good point. I think the issue in terms of development is that the 2nd teamers at SU are playing offense against the zone and not against m2m. This is the less obvious hindrance to player development at SU and is especially impactful to big man development. The bigs HAVE to work on getting and holding position against M2M (let alone finishing at the rim) to develop because that is what they will face in live game action. There is not enough practice time at SU for developmental players to go up against M2M.

Good point. I think the issue in terms of development is that the 2nd teamers at SU are playing offense against the zone and not against m2m. This is the less obvious hindrance to player development at SU and is especially impactful to big man development. The bigs HAVE to work on getting and holding position against M2M (let alone finishing at the rim) to develop because that is what they will face in live game action. There is not enough practice time at SU for developmental players to go up against M2M.
Sounds like a good question for the Jim Boeheim radio show.

Is Carey the biggest mystery recruit we’ve ever had? I’m desperately hoping this kid has been working on his game in a bunker and is getting ready to come out of hiding next year to shock the world.

Carey can play the 4 here too
I wish that’s all he were going to play. I really don’t want to see all 160 pounds of him at center.

I wish that’s all he were going to play. I really don’t want to see all 160 pounds of him at center.
A Post-Standard article in January says he was 205 pounds then and expects to be at 220 by the start of summer. He was listed at 190 around a year ago, and at least one recent article has his weight at 220.

I have never seen any article listing his weight at 160. Even Jalen Carey was heavier than that.

A Post-Standard article in January says he was 205 pounds then and expects to be at 220 by the start of summer. He was listed at 190 around a year ago, and at least one recent article has his weight at 220.

I have never seen any article listing his weight at 160. Even Jalen Carey was heavier than that.
I was exaggerating our proclivity to pit our beanpoles against their mountains.

220 would be nice. I hope that works out. Either way, i don't think his future is at Center, so i hope we can maximize his inherent skillset and talents.

I don't visit the basketball recruiting board that often but decided to pop in here. Why do you guys have to get me all excited?

I was exaggerating our proclivity to pit our beanpoles against their mountains.

220 would be nice. I hope that works out. Either way, i don't think his future is at Center, so i hope we can maximize his inherent skillset and talents.
Looking at the picture of him at the Duke game, he doesn’t look close to 220 pounds.

Looking at the picture of him at the Duke game, he doesn’t look close to 220 pounds.
Yeah, all except Taylor looked like they could use "extra biscuits" in their orders. With honey.

Yeah, all except Taylor looked like they could use "extra biscuits" in their orders. With honey.
Carey looks pretty muscular for the most part.

Needs work on his quads, hammies, glutes and nearby muscle groups.

Carey looks pretty muscular for the most part.

Needs work on his quads, hammies, glutes and nearby muscle groups.

So - literally his ENTIRE lower body then?

I'd say Carey looks more wiry and ripped than 'muscular'.

Here is the picture in question:

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/1EM...13/Screen_Shot_2022_02_28_at_9.42.01_AM.0.png

Not sure a lot can be determined on the builds of any of the players based on that photo. My guess is that he is at about 210 but that is just a guess.

Here is one taken when he was on campus last fall. Here you can see his arms are not sticks and he has something to work with.

One more. I think this is a year old. Again, he has some upper body muscle to build on. Believe he went from 190 to 210 over the past year.

I expect him to be about 215 when preseason practices start next fall. That is right where Jesse was at the same time. Hoping he is able to put on weight faster than Jesse did. That is going to be a huge key towards his development, or lack thereof. BMK also came to Syracuse around. 215. I think he left as a senior at 216. JAB needled him about it at the Hardwood Club dinner at the end of his senior season. IF he wants to be a factor, he needs to add at least 5 pounds every offseason, preferably 10.

Agree, he is likely not going to play a lot as a frosh. We would ideally redshirt him. That assumes Jesse and Frank return. Otherwise, we are going to need some help from the portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom