Class of 2019 - C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if this means they dont feel confident in wahab.

Could be... still trying to figure out why the f we are competing with VTech, Pitt and uconn for seemingly every recruit this year... years past in the BE we would be quite confident in beating out programs of this caliber (uconn at present).

Hopefully we can close on a few of these primary targets.

Could be... still trying to figure out why the f we are competing with VTech, Pitt and uconn for seemingly every recruit this year... years past in the BE we would be quite confident in beating out programs of this caliber (uconn at present).

Hopefully we can close on a few of these primary targets.

I think the only "primary" target we close on will be Q tomorrow. I think theres gunna be some disappointment with AA and I'm not sure we get IS either...Wahab I have no clue what way hes going so it wouldnt surprise me if we end up with him...hopefully some other options become available late like they always do. Will everyone be happy with a class off BG/JG3/QG/JBA and maybe wahab or some other guy that's not in the picture now?

I think the only "primary" target we close on will be Q tomorrow. I think theres gunna be some disappointment with AA and I'm not sure we get IS either...Wahab I have no clue what way hes going so it wouldnt surprise me if we end up with him...hopefully some other options become available late like they always do. Will everyone be happy with a class off BG/JG3/QG/JBA and maybe wahab or some other guy that's not in the picture now?

Absolutely and like you said , more options will open up going forward. Very very very solid base if Q commits tomorrow

Absolutely and like you said , more options will open up going forward. Very very very solid base if Q commits tomorrow

Yeah so far I think this recruiting cycle has been very successful for the staff. But if somehow we missed out on Q then you kind a got to reevaluate a bit. If Q is Orange then We have a ton of options and flexibility to close out the class and It’s a big success no matter which way we round it out.

Yeah so far I think this recruiting cycle has been very successful for the staff. But if somehow we missed out on Q then you kind a got to reevaluate a bit. If Q is Orange then We have a ton of options and flexibility to close out the class and It’s a big success no matter which way we round it out.
i'm sure you mean quincy but since this is the qudus thread any newcomers to the discussion might be confused

i'm sure you mean quincy but since this is the qudus thread any newcomers to the discussion might be confused

I thought this was Quincy’s thread. Thanks

I’m talking about decommittments which usually happen when coaches are fired or are under scrutiny. Not anything to do with the NCAA.
I think we have seen all the coaches fired who will be fired until the FBI trials end. Not much is gonna happen til the trials are over. The most recent trial did nothing to slow recruiting (which was so weird) so I can't see why anything else would change until the threat of NCAA sanctions come. (Although I could be wrong given that Robinson-Earl seemed like a lock for Kansas and he just announced for Nova.)

I think we have seen all the coaches fired who will be fired until the FBI trials end. Not much is gonna happen til the trials are over. The most recent trial did nothing to slow recruiting (which was so weird) so I can't see why anything else would change until the threat of NCAA sanctions come. (Although I could be wrong given that Robinson-Earl seemed like a lock for Kansas and he just announced for Nova.)

Correct on the last statement.

Pitino wasn't fired because of the NCAA.

They got rid of him because he was on the wiretap to get in front of it.

I'll give uconn some credit...seems like they wont lose out on a recruit for lack of trying

Funny, if Stewart selects Syracuse, it would be questionable that Wahab or Cockburn would select Syracuse because Stewart (a 6’9”PF) will draw minutes at C. We also have Ajak and Sidibe. Would Syracuse take three Centers in this class (3 of the following: Ajak, Stewart, Carrigan, Wahab and/or Cockburn)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom