Class of 2019 - C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to get a read on this recruitment. In the beginning it seemed like he was destined for Pitt and that his handlers were pushing him there for some reason (Capel bags?). Kind of reminded me of the Akok recruitment in some ways with UConn. But then it also seemed like he was impressed by Georgetown. In the end this is the type of recruitment I'd like to think we could win given the competition. Recent history demonstrates Cuse gives him the best chance to get to the NBA. One would think that the staff could show how much Paschal has improved and make the argument that Wahab is considerably better than Paschal was at the same stage and they can get him to the league. I'm sure he believes that he is better than Bourama and would earn immediate playing time. Hopefully he was impressed by the Dome and the Morehead State game and the staff can close him as he would be a terrific addition to an already excellent class.

This is one BIG kid.

Might just be the camera angle, but he looks a little bit like David Robinson in that pic.

Qudus.jpeg
He looks pretty put together for his age for sure. Would love to get him.

I have no inside scoop on this recruitment or feel. To be honest I was a little surprised when he said he was visiting.

That being said having the final visit for a player is never a bad thing. But sounds like this recruitment is going to drag out. If I had to guess I don’t think he’s coming here but I don’t really know. Really good player though, would be a nice addition to this class but would rather have Akok or Stewart, obviously.

I have no inside scoop on this recruitment or feel. To be honest I was a little surprised when he said he was visiting.

That being said having the final visit for a player is never a bad thing. But sounds like this recruitment is going to drag out. If I had to guess I don’t think he’s coming here but I don’t really know. Really good player though, would be a nice addition to this class but would rather have Akok or Stewart, obviously.
Is it possible that the staff told him they were waiting on Akok/Stewart as their first choices? That could be one possible explanation for the delay.

Is it possible that the staff told him they were waiting on Akok/Stewart as their first choices? That could be one possible explanation for the delay.

Second hand info, so take it with a grain of salt, but it sounds as though this kid likes SU a lot. Our coaches have prioritized him -- no way is his offer "contingent."

From what I understand, Wahab's camp wants him to be a featured component [no surprise there], and they've expressed concern that our roster might be too "loaded" for him to be a focal point. That appears to be the main hangup.

Still believe that there is a very strong chance we land this kid -- we've been on him for awhile, and made him a priority.

Second hand info, so take it with a grain of salt, but it sounds as though this kid likes SU a lot. Our coaches have prioritized him -- no way is his offer "contingent."

From what I understand, Wahab's camp wants him to be a featured component [no surprise there], and they've expressed concern that our roster might be too "loaded" for him to be a focal point. That appears to be the main hangup.

Still believe that there is a very strong chance we land this kid -- we've been on him for awhile, and made him a priority.
makes sense regarding our roster...he would be a great addition to this class. Looks like we are going to be waiting the last few guys out. Totally fine with it this time around because we already have a great class and we are in play for some real studs. Our staff has done a excellent job this cycle in my opinion. Not that any of this matters but I hope AA and Wahab get to watch us curbstomp uconn tonight!

Great to hear, he definitley looks the part of an ACC big man.

I like the idea of these guys waiting to commit. I think once this year's team hits its stride they are going to be excellent and I like the idea of Wahab coming up to the Dome for an unofficial when 30,000 show up for an ACC game. I also think our record will be better than UConn, Georgetown and Pitt and that will impress him. Time is on our side.

Not to be sarcastic, but didn’t Syracuse make Isiah Stewart a priority and Akok Akok a priority? So. If Qudus is also a priority and we have 1 or 2 scholarships (based on projected attrition) left, who is the number # 1 priority?

My view looking at Syracuse’s needs/desires, it is;
Stewart
Qudus
Akok (and I really like Akok)

Never bet against Autry !
I am hearing several schools are putting out feelers to poach him. He has made a name for himself especially with recruiting and the recruits feedback about him..plus it makes sense bc we r a clean program , some of his gets include

QG
Jon Bol
Marek
Oshae
J Grant
Mike G
Tyler E
Jerami G
Chris M
Andrew White
CJ
Frank
Carey
Hughes
BJ Johnson (man he was correct on this guy)

Never bet against Autry !
I am hearing several schools are putting out feelers to poach him. He has made a name for himself especially with recruiting and the recruits feedback about him..plus it makes sense bc we r a clean program , some of his gets include

QG
Jon Bol
Marek
Oshae
J Grant
Mike G
Tyler E
Jerami G
Chris M
Andrew White
CJ
Frank
Carey
Hughes
BJ Johnson (man he was correct on this guy)
And Jerami Grant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors