Class of 2019 - C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player scouting in the big man department has been lacking greatly.
we had a mcdonald's all american center on the roster every year from 2010-11 to 2016-17
following that run, taurean thompson's last 4 offers before choosing syracuse were kansas, uconn, arizona and michigan state
jb & co clearly can identify & land big time center talent

other than tough luck in tt flaking and boo & chew getting hurt, we have been outstanding in the center scouting & recruiting department

How many players did we recruit over that period that were good? I mean come on everyone has misses
Those were just an average amount to stacked teams but they happen during a time where we couldn’t afford it that’s why in the year that we weren’t eligible for the tournament we were garbage anyways

we had a mcdonald's all american center on the roster every year from 2010-11 to 2016-17
following that run, taurean thompson's last 4 offers before choosing syracuse were kansas, uconn, arizona and michigan state
jb & co clearly can identify & land big time center talent

other than tough luck in tt flaking and boo & chew getting hurt, we have been outstanding in the center scouting & recruiting department

I guess at the end of the day we've only had Rick Jackson and one season of Rak where a big avg double figures. So two seasons out of 9. Maybe it's the offense I don't know but playing 4 on 5 on offense is beyond frustrating to watch.

Ok what should we talk about then? Thomas Bryant and his mom? Taurean and his mom?
I’m still convinced Sidibe will be good. So we
Missed on Chukwu who was a transfer...so what? Who else has been bad

Perhaps by comment is harsh but again if Cuse wants to be back as a consistent top 15 program they need to find and develop big man more consistently. It's no surprise some great success came with Onuaku and Jackson in the paint.

Perhaps by comment is harsh but again if Cuse wants to be back as a consistent top 15 program they need to find and develop big man more consistently. It's no surprise some great success came with Onuaku and Jackson in the paint.
We talk like those guys were 20 years ago AO, Rick, Fab, Rak were fairly recent. DC2 would’ve been a good one if his legs held up.

I guess at the end of the day we've only had Rick Jackson and one season of Rak where a big avg double figures. So two seasons out of 9. Maybe it's the offense I don't know but playing 4 on 5 on offense is beyond frustrating to watch.
Fab Melo dominated, absolutely dominated, the Big East in 2011-2012, and was the BE DPOY. He could also catch an alley-oop and dunk, unlike Chukwu.

Those were just an average amount to stacked teams but they happen during a time where we couldn’t afford it that’s why in the year that we weren’t eligible for the tournament we were garbage anyways

What does that have to do with recruiting though? That’s why they take schollies away...it hurts

What does that have to do with recruiting though? That’s why they take schollies away...it hurts

People want to act like the sanctions are overstated because it happened over a long period of time. Some people are sick of the excuse, which is a bit ironic if you think about it. The longer the period of scholarship reduction, the harsher the penalty is, yet people get fatigued about hearing about it, so it is not a valid excuse. That logic is so paradoxical.

Last edited:
People want to act like the sanctions are overstated because it happened over a long period of time. Some people got sick of the excuse, which is a bit ironic if you think about it. The longer the period of scholarship reduction, the harsher the penalty is, yet people get fatigued about hearing about it, so it is not a valid excuse. That logic is so paradoxical.
Yeah and it’s not like you can just say “let’s only get good players now.” If you have 2 of 13 that are marginal that’s alot less than 2 of 8/9/10. It’s just math

Is that's why we can’t get one big man, who can catch the ball, dunk, and back some one down? The only problem is that every team we play has one. How did Louisville recover so quickly? That argument is getting old. We get absolutely no production from the 5 spot and everyone knows it. Stop making excuses

Last edited:
How did Louisville recover so quickly?
Louisville hasn't been punished for the violations while on probation yet. But yeah, they're still reeling in some top-50/100 recruits. I suspect that will change. But your larger point remains, the C position at SU has been borderline useless on offense without a McD AA* there.

Also, SU rarely goes over 11 scholarship players, sanctions or no.

*AO exception proves the rule.

Is that's why we can’t get one big man, who can catch the ball, dunk, and back some one down? The only problem is that every team we play has one. How did Louisville recover so quickly? That argument is getting old. We absolutely no production from the 5 spot and everyone knows it. Stop making excuses
We had a pretty talented scoring big that decided to take his talents to Seton Hall.

Louisville hasn't been punished for the violations while on probation yet. But yeah, they're still reeling in some top-50/100 recruits. I suspect that will change. But your larger point remains, the C position at SU has been borderline useless on offense without a McD AA* there.

Also, SU rarely goes over 11 scholarship players, sanctions or no.

*AO exception proves the rule.

To be clear never said that we need 5 star center. A borderline 100 ranked center will do, as long as he is not a bean pole The Big man from Buffalo will do. If we had the bigs from Notre Dame we would be undefeated

Is that's why we can’t get one big man, who can catch the ball, dunk, and back some one down? The only problem is that every team we play has one. How did Louisville recover so quickly? That argument is getting old. We absolutely no production from the 5 spot and everyone knows it. Stop making excuses

Louisville wasn’t punished as severely for whatever reason.

Louisville wasn’t punished as severely for whatever reason.

Meanwhile Tre Mitchell, Carl Lewis, Max Lorca-Lloyd, Karim Coulibaly, and Jaylen Thomas are still out there and we are not involved

Do we have a shot with Wahab or is it pretty much over he’s not coming here?

We had a pretty talented scoring big that decided to take his talents to Seton Hall.
Speaking of Seton Hall, why didn’t we recruit Angel Delgado? He was a top 50-100 player who went to high school in upstate NY, Albany area. I thought that was weird when he chose them and we never were involved. He had an amazing career and was a fantastic rebounder. How did we overlook him/decide to not recruit him?

Not that anyone may care, but I agree with points from both sides on this...and also disagree with both to an extent. Bottom line is that the position has been a failure for awhile no matter how anyone wants to make excuses. Winners dont make excuses, losers do. Which do you want the Orange to be?

Quick question and probably a long reach in speculation.

Qudus was going to announce his decision back in December and then postpone his decision to a later date.

Was it a possibility that he had decided on Syracuse but was told that Syracuse wanted to wait on Isiah Stewart’s decision first?

Notice that he has recently visited the other schools recruiting him but not Syracuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom