Class of 2019 - C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coffee is for closers.

This staff needs to be shaken up -- we need the next Troy Weaver.
At this stage of JB's career arc, I don't think he'll consider another staff shakeup. Would love to have coffee with ADJW just to hear his thoughts.

I don't think the assistants are the issue. We have been involved with top prospects. I think maybe the HC isn't closing like he used to.

I think the lack of a big man coach is why you see what you have from our centers
I don't think the asst coach matters as much compared to the head coach's philosophy that he only needs a center with long arms who can block shots.

I know. The lack of a big man coach is hurting us like I previously said.

This has nothing to do with the lack of a big man coach. It comes down to recruiting, there is no reason that every mid major has better bigs than us

Last edited:
I don't think the asst coach matters as much compared to the head coach's philosophy that he only needs a center with long arms who can block shots.
This is about as tired an adage as Cuse never leaves NY. Guys like Rak, DC2, TT, TL totally upend that along with guys we’ve pursued diligently like Thomas Bryant, Zay, etc

This has nothing to do with the lack of a big man coach. It comes do to recruiting, there is no reason that every mid major has better bigs than us
It definitely matters. It’s like this guys ate regressing each year and bringing nothing to the table. A better big man coach and recruiting different centers sure helps as well. Im not really a fan of most of a center recruits. We have long , lean stiffs with no offense and can offer little help defensively half the time also. It’s gut wrenching.

This is about as tired an adage as Cuse never leaves NY. Guys like Rak, DC2, TT, TL totally upend that along with guys we’ve pursued diligently like Thomas Bryant, Zay, etc
Oh, I'm sure if Stewart or another McD AA C were to commit to SU, JAB would play him. But he's not recruiting 6'9" 275lb centers from the back of the top-100-150 list. His philosophy is shot-blocking ability out of the C position first and foremost if he's not getting NBA talent.

As for your non-McD talent, Lydon was an undersized PF pressed into center duty because of injuries and ineffectiveness to the preferred starters and Thompson was a last minute add (to fill the loss of Diagne* who's big skill was length and shot-blocking) who was moved over to C because of injuries and ineffectiveness from the preferred starter.

*And, tangentially, holy cow in looking back at the expectations for that guy. "Nightmare for opposing bigs ..." The same guy who at 23 can't get minutes at shorthanded Western Kentucky.

It definitely matters. It’s like this guys ate regressing each year and bringing nothing to the table. A better big man coach and recruiting different centers sure helps as well. Im not really a fan of most of a center recruits. We have long , lean stiffs with no offense and can offer little help defensively half the time also. It’s gut wrenching.

A better Big man coach doesn't help Chewie & Dib avoid the injuries that have derailed both of their careers.

It's pretty hard to work on your big man skills, when you've spent the vast majority of your college career, trying to rehab from various injuries, like both of these guys have to date.

We could have Hakeem Olajuwon personally tutoring both of these guys, and it might not matter, since they've both been so banged up.
(ok, this last part is firmly tongue in cheek, as I would LOVE to see what The Dream would teach our Bigs)

injuries aside , getting nothing from our centers comes down to coaching and recruiting players who you hope will develop. Syracuse hopes too much on Centers. We’re re hope center university.

Player scouting in the big man department has been lacking greatly.

Player scouting in the big man department has been lacking greatly.
Also in the guards like Kaleb Joseph and Ron Patterson and the forwards like Matthew Moyer let’s be honest

Really? We’re in the Final 5 for the top big in 2019...

Stewart has been a national top-20 recruit since he was a HS freshman. And we all know he's not picking Cuse. I don't think he's the example to refute my comment.

Stewart has been a national top-20 recruit since he was a HS freshman. And we all know he's not picking Cuse. I don't think he's the example to refute my comment.
Ok what should we talk about then? Thomas Bryant and his mom? Taurean and his mom?
I’m still convinced Sidibe will be good. So we
Missed on Chukwu who was a transfer...so what? Who else has been bad

There's a couple other guys out in Arizona in the top 70 we should visit if we really need a center. Not sure why we haven't. Chol Marial(who is basically a chukwu clone, but ranked 55) and Carl Lewis.

There's a couple other guys out in Arizona in the top 70 we should visit if we really need a center. Not sure why we haven't. Chol Marial(who is basically a chukwu clone, but ranked 55) and Carl Lewis.
Chol ain’t happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors