Class of 2019 - C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...not sure what to think about Mr. Wahab. It looks like he is still developing. He seems to have pretty good touch. Doesn’t have much of a vertical and he is pretty deliberate and lacks fluidity. But he is tall with a good frame.

Hmm...not sure what to think about Mr. Wahab. It looks like he is still developing. He seems to have pretty good touch. Doesn’t have much of a vertical and he is pretty deliberate and lacks fluidity. But he is tall with a good frame.

Yes. Very raw and robotic. Has some skill though.

Pretty much what I was thinking as well. Still, a puzzling offer.

He seems really slow and robotic but does look to have a good feel around the basket and s good touch. Built good as well.

Yes. Very raw and robotic. Has some skill though.
In his defense...the defender in that video was really tenacious!!!

I like his size, and he has a decent build, but as others have noted his foot speed is slow. I think he's worth keeping an eye on, but I'm surprised he was offered so early. But I haven't seen him play in person either...

I like his size, and he has a decent build, but as others have noted his foot speed is slow. I think he's worth keeping an eye on, but I'm surprised he was offered so early. But I haven't seen him play in person either...
Reminds me a little of Diagne

IAC/MAC Challenge Highlights: 2019 Flint Hill Center Qudus Wahab [DMVelite.com]

The youtube video was shot at the end of his sophomore year and seems very out of context considering he is a true post. Kids grow up fast. He looks strong in the paint in these other videos. Finishes well with contact. He still has a season and a half left of high school to go. He has already been offered by Clemson. Pitt and Virginia Tech among others. Doesn't seem early to me since he is a junior but I can also admit I haven't seen him play in person either.

Last edited:
IAC/MAC Challenge Highlights: 2019 Flint Hill Center Qudus Wahab [DMVelite.com]

The youtube video was shot at the end of his sophomore year and seems very out of context considering he is a true post. Kids grow up fast. He looks strong in the paint in these other videos. Finishes well with contact. He still has a season and a half left of high school to go. He has already been offered by Clemson. Pitt and Virginia Tech among others. Doesn't seem early to me since he is a junior but I can also admit I haven't seen him play in person either.
Thanks for sharing the video. I hope he's as good as his ranking. We certainly need a couple quality bigs.

I'm not a huge fan. He looks slow to me and I get that he is raw but he really has a long way to go in my opinion. I would have preferred we watch him and monitor him and recruit without an offer for a little bit. In the end we do need big kids.

I'm not a huge fan. He looks slow to me and I get that he is raw but he really has a long way to go in my opinion. I would have preferred we watch him and monitor him and recruit without an offer for a little bit. In the end we do need big kids.

He’s already more talented than Chukwu.

He’s already more talented than Chukwu.
Can you really make that statement though? Have you seen Wahab play against ACC level talent, whereas, for the most part PC is doing okay?

If you look back at PC's high school film, it was pretty impressive as well. It's just so hard to predict where a guy will be once he gets into D1 ball.

Can you really make that statement though? Have you seen Wahab play against ACC level talent, whereas, for the most part PC is doing okay?

If you look back at PC's high school film, it was pretty impressive as well. It's just so hard to predict where a guy will be once he gets into D1 ball.

Wahab moves better than Chukwu, handles the ball much better and is more adept near the basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom