Class of 2019 - C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda weird wording. We’re prioritizing him but the coach only talked to him once two months ago? Maybe it meant that he first talked to him two months ago... that’s how if cane off to me anyways.

How do you say his first name?

Just call him Q

Q-from-James-Bond.jpg

You can't coach size. Looks like this is the kind of guy the staff wants to bring in and develop over a year or two coming off the bench. We'll have a bunch of roster space opening up after the departures next season, so he doesn't hurt the team if he doesn't work out. Could surprise or could be recruited over without much issue. The interest from other schools is a good sign.

It's good to see the staff is actively trying to avoid playing Forwards at Center on a consistent basis.

You can't coach size. Looks like this is the kind of guy the staff wants to bring in and develop over a year or two coming off the bench. We'll have a bunch of roster space opening up after the departures next season, so he doesn't hurt the team if he doesn't work out. Could surprise or could be recruited over without much issue. The interest from other schools is a good sign.

It's good to see the staff is actively trying to avoid playing Forwards at Center on a consistent basis.

I can't see any top 100 guy choosing Syracuse if our pitch is to take a year or two coming off the bench. Two and three star players yes, but 4-5 star players expect to at the very least compete for a starting role. If that's the sell, IMO he isn't coming, and I wouldn't blame him.

That said, we really need a stud center. That, IMO should be the top priority.

Is he second-choice option to Kofi Cockburn? Or is this guy first-choice?

I don't see Stewart picking SU so i'm not even including him.

I can't see any top 100 guy choosing Syracuse if our pitch is to take a year or two coming off the bench. Two and three star players yes, but 4-5 star players expect to at the very least compete for a starting role. If that's the sell, IMO he isn't coming, and I wouldn't blame him.

That said, we really need a stud center. That, IMO should be the top priority.

Top 100 recruits don't want to sit all game and get 6 minutes of playing time, true. I didn't mean to suggest that. But guys ranked 50+ will take 15mpg roles if they like the coach, program, etc. and have the potential to increase their role a lot the following year and/or year after. 4 star recruits usually expect to hang around college for at least a couple seasons.

Top 100 recruits don't want to sit all game and get 6 minutes of playing time, true. I didn't mean to suggest that. But guys ranked 50+ will take 15mpg roles if they like the coach, program, etc. and have the potential to increase their role a lot the following year and/or year after. 4 star recruits usually expect to hang around college for at least a couple seasons.
Maybe..I think it would have to be a very mature kid with good guidance to take a 15mpg role for a year or two. IMO most top 100 kids expect to at the very least compete for a starting job or be first off the bench. Maybe not be one and done, but they expect major minutes. I hope Qudus likes us because he may be the best big we can get. I don't see us landing Stewart, Igiehon, or Cockburn, unfortunately. Maybe JB can pull off it off. I really want to see us get a really good center.

Hookers $ or both?
Isn’t Louisville gonna get the hammer dropped on their program by the NCAA? I’m surprised recruits are even considering them.

Maybe..I think it would have to be a very mature kid with good guidance to take a 15mpg role for a year or two. IMO most top 100 kids expect to at the very least compete for a starting job or be first off the bench. Maybe not be one and done, but they expect major minutes. I hope Qudus likes us because he may be the best big we can get. I don't see us landing Stewart, Igiehon, or Cockburn, unfortunately. Maybe JB can pull off it off. I really want to see us get a really good center.
That’s why I wanted Osun. A sophomore Osun could have been as good or better than a bunch of these other fringe top 100 bigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom