Class of 2019 - C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting is pretty much a win or "shutout" business, isn't it?

You can't really have a close quality L. No moral victories.

It will be okay. Chin up.

Of course we'll be Okay...but is that what we want to be, just Okay? It does seem a bit peculiar that we have been going after some highly regarded 5's the past couple/three cycles and seem to have missed on all of them, and settled for plan C or D at this spot. And, with it so apparent that it is a major weakness of this team, where there would be a lot of PT to give, etc. it's somewhat concerning as well. I can't recall for sure, but didn't we go after Richards a couple years back who's at UK? I've watched UK a few times this year and he seems to just sit the pine over there.

The only question in my mind is whether the meltdown when he inevitably spurns us for Gtown is larger than the Stewart one.

It shouldn't be. He's a three star recruit that isn't nearly as skilled as Jessie Govan. There's a significant drop in their talent. He would have been a decent four year piece had he committed.

It shouldn't be. He's a three star recruit that isn't nearly as skilled as Jessie Govan. There's a significant drop in their talent. He would have been a decent four year piece had he committed.

Are you serious? So no one is concerned that we cant get a big who can play. My how our standards have dropped off a cliff

Of course we'll be Okay...but is that what we want to be, just Okay? It does seem a bit peculiar that we have been going after some highly regarded 5's the past couple/three cycles and seem to have missed on all of them, and settled for plan C or D at this spot. And, with it so apparent that it is a major weakness of this team, where there would be a lot of PT to give, etc. it's somewhat concerning as well. I can't recall for sure, but didn't we go after Richards a couple years back who's at UK? I've watched UK a few times this year and he seems to just sit the pine over there.
The questions these bigs might have when considering Syracuse and moving on are as follows
1. Who will help develop me with 4 guards as coach or assistant coach?
2. When i watch Syracuse games rvery big comes out sets a pick, or passes the ball to a guard 29 ft from basket will that be me?
3. Do the coaches atleast know how to coach up the guards on entry passes to the post?
4. Will i get yelled at and benched if I make a foul or miss a shot, while the guards just jack up threes unabashedly?

I think the answer is not good which is why the last 4 cycles we have missed on every single 4 or 5 star big

I don't believe the coaches recruit by position. In fact that would be kind of dumb. They recruit by geography and relationships.

And in any case it's definitely GMac's fault.
Doesn't gmac focus on recruiting our guards? That is my understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom