Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

This is a question of when not if

So in essence a lot like the Torrence situation. Just gonna hope that he is better than what he showed in limited minutes. Also that one of the frosh (Brown ahem) can be effective at the 5 for stretches.

It’s my opinion but it’s fact he visited and he and his mother loved Wichita st. You can read the articles yourself.

They do have a 6-11 soph returning who played a decent amount this past year. Probably more minutes there but not sure as a starter.

They do have a 6-11 soph returning who played a decent amount this past year. Probably more minutes there but not sure as a starter.

I have no idea as I didn’t look at their roster. If he’s ok playing 10-12 mins behind Jesse, then maybe he comes here. But the article I read he and mom sure were gaga over Wichita St. especially mom.

I have no idea as I didn’t look at their roster. If he’s ok playing 10-12 mins behind Jesse, then maybe he comes here. But the article I read he and mom sure were gaga over Wichita St. especially mom.

I did see that article too. He also seemed quite content the first go around with being away from home.

I did see that article too. He also seemed quite content the first go around with being away from home.

Maybe JB is gonna fool us all and he’s telling the kid he could get 20mpg cause he’s gonna play Jesse at the 4 some. :)

It’s my opinion but it’s fact he visited and he and his mother loved Wichita st. You can read the articles yourself.
Has someone said that it was a done deal? I have never heard that. I know our coaches think more of it than most of us do. But I haven't heard he was ours?

Has someone said that it was a done deal? I have never heard that. I know our coaches think more of it than most of us do. But I haven't heard he was ours?

I haven’t heard that either.

How you could be wowed by the Wichita State campus is a mystery. You go to sleep and wake up and you're still in Wichita KS. Bummer
You do realize campuses are often very different than the city. Why go to Syracuse University, because when you go to sleep you wake, and you're still in Syracuse, NY.

Last edited:
I don't see how some people are thinking this would be a poor choice for a backup center. Everyone always complains about how our centers are featherweights.
noidea.gif

I don't see how some people are thinking this would be a poor choice for a backup center. Everyone always complains about how our centers are featherweights.View attachment 216275
for me its bc i vaguely remember the syracuse bigs including anselem dunking pretty hard over him...and the feeling that he wasnt as good as the big men for SU...and the big for SU werent exactly dominant last season. simple as that.

Sports fans, you gotta simplify your thinking when it comes to the portal.

The two biggest factors regarding the likelihood of approaching a portal player are 1) previous recruiting relationship and 2) if the player is geographically local.

Any other factors you think should matter come secondary to those two things. It is what it is.

The two biggest factors regarding the likelihood of approaching a portal player are 1) previous recruiting relationship and 2) if the player is geographically local.

Any other factors you think should matter come secondary to those two things. It is what it is.

Plus the top 20 txfrs are likely to be targeted more by your bigger money schools as well..UK, Auburn, Tennessee, Duke, Kansas, Texas etc.

Yup.

Portal 101 - all else being equal, a portal player usually chooses a new school closer to home.

And - players will often choose a school that was one of the "bridesmaids" for their first go-round with recruitment, due to the existing relationships with the staff.

I don't remember that? I don't think most had an opinion on him.
Whatever concerns about Jesse were more in the vein of not knowing who he was. Ironically because the staff had done well by picking up Marek, most of us were willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
For every Chinoso Okonoh(sp), you can find a Jesse Edwards. And I still have faith in the staff’s player evaluations overall, I just don’t like how they’re utilized once they get here. JMHO

Last edited:
And - players will often choose a school that was one of the "bridesmaids" for their first go-round with recruitment, due to the existing relationships with the staff.
eh...not sure about this.

all the mid major players that blow up and transfer likely had zero interest from the bigger schools...

the "conference player of the year" types in smaller conferences is who I would target...and I'd say they have little previous contact with p5 schools generally.