Class of 2019 - C Tre Mitchell (CT) to UMass | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Tre Mitchell (CT) to UMass

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the kid wants to play in relative obscurity for his coach, not much we can do. The bright lights aren't for everyone.
1553293738318.gif

Yea his coach at Woodstock who appears to be heading to umass is retweeting the same stuff. All makes sense now. Still crazy to pass up playing for big time basketball schools for the likes of umass regardless of who is coaching there. Oh well.

I’m not saying this is happening. But, assuming this is a big pay raise for the coach, their could be an arrangement with the kid. Certainly he might just want to help the coach. But, it seems like the kid is giving up a lot.

Man. What a slimy sport.

It's amazing to me that with all that is going on with the Addidas prosecution and who knows what else the FBI has that schools are still willing to openly play the margins of propriety.

Just from a moral and ethical standpoint, why would a school hire someone as the head coach of their program that is prostituting one of the kids currently under his sphere of influence in order to get his next job. UMass should be looking at that situation and saying if this guy is willing to so openly put his professional advancement over getting the best opportunity for one of his players, he probably isn't a guy we want to put in charge of our program.

It's amazing to me that with all that is going on with the Addidas prosecution and who knows what else the FBI has that schools are still willing to openly play the margins of propriety.

Just from a moral and ethical standpoint, why would a school hire someone as the head coach of their program that is prostituting one of the kids currently under his sphere of influence in order to get his next job. UMass should be looking at that situation and saying if this guy is willing to so openly put his professional advancement over getting the best opportunity for one of his players, he probably isn't a guy we want to put in charge of our program.
You're way overthinking it.

It's as common as the cold. As much as people on the board say that Boeheim doesn't have control over the program or discipline, he could have easily went this route and hired Tiny Morton to get Whitehead. You have to play the game to get players to come to your program. Some schools are more than willing to roll the dice.

Guys, Mitchell to UMASS is a done deal. UMASS is letting go their assistants, bringing in Mitchell’s coach along with two other players.
I noticed that 4 of the UMass players entered the Transfer Portal. Program must be a mess.

So tre's teammate committed this weekend on the visit but nothing yet on tre. Maybe he did and is waiting to do some type of announcement or something. Or maybe he actually takes another visit to see if hes really making the best decision for himself. Either way I'm sure we will all know soon.

It drives me absolutely batty that they’ve basically beaten us every time they’ve played us based purely on them playing us only in the few seasons they were ever better than us(even when we were blowing them out of the Dome in an NIT game, they beat us), and this just further pisses me off.

There’s so much going on here we don’t know about from his coach’s involvement with zoomass to why we stopped recruiting him. The whole thing feels dirty. Guessing there are bags involved. Moving on quickly.

We recruited this guy for fifteen minutes. Everyone here claiming bags needs to get it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom