Calhoun to Retire | Syracusefan.com

Calhoun to Retire

BlackKnight76

All American
via NBC 30 in Connecticut. Spreading around Twitter. Saw it tweeted by a Hartford Courant columnist.

No surprise.

And not to be inflammatory, but I think this decision is a pretty good indicator of how "good" UConn's prospects are for this upcoming season. And this is the beginning of the end--they're toast long term. In 5 years, they'll be Umass.

Worst. Day. Ever.
- Every UConn fan in the world.

facebook-girl-worst-day-ever.jpg

Ironic that it happens on the day that UConn was dropped to second-class status. Tough day for the Huskies.

No surprise.

And not to be inflammatory, but I think this decision is a pretty good indicator of how "good" UConn's prospects are for this upcoming season. And this is the beginning of the end--they're toast long term. In 5 years, they'll be Umass.
Agreed, agreed, agreed. Good riddance Yukon fans. We hardly knew you.

Paging Shaka Smart. Please pick up the blue and white courtesy phone.

It's too bad. I was really going to enjoy playing Uconn this year and not having Calhoun on the sidelines yelling and they are getting man handled is going to make it less fun.

Well...bye.
Good luck. Frankly, when JB retires, we're going to catch a lot of the same - never be the same, fade into mediocrity,etc.

Minus the CUSA stuff of course.

As I posted in the other thread, this has been a power play by Calhoun to force the ADs hand into who to hire.

Ollie will get an audition, though I hear the AD would have preferred to do a national search.

Per ESPN it's Kevin's Job

Link

Calhoun told ESPN.com this past summer that whenever he retired, he would mimic Dean Smith's plan of waiting right until the start of the season. Smith ended his tenure at North Carolina prior to the 1996-97 season, when UNC named longtime assistant Bill Guthridge as his successor.

Cause that worked out so well for UNC.

via NBC 30 in Connecticut. Spreading around Twitter. Saw it tweeted by a Hartford Courant columnist.

Ouch. This is best friend ran over your dog and ran off with your wife, or vice versa, territory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom