Calhoun to Retire | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Calhoun to Retire

As I posted in the other thread, this has been a power play by Calhoun to force the ADs hand into who to hire.

Ollie will get an audition, though I hear the AD would have preferred to do a national search.
Yes this is what I'm still hearing to. Ollie gets this year, although anything short of an undefeated season with an average margin of victory over 20ppg, they will have a national search.

Manuel and Calhoun never were on the same footing.

No surprise.

And not to be inflammatory, but I think this decision is a pretty good indicator of how "good" UConn's prospects are for this upcoming season. And this is the beginning of the end--they're toast long term. In 5 years, they'll be Umass.

Wow you're on top of things huh? Hopefully they won't ever be 2nd class citizens in any conferece like the Cuse were to the Huskies for 10-12 years but one never knows...enjoy the ACC where you will be Clemson in hoops in no time!!!!!

And Lord knows in 5 years KO will be on top and Hopkins will be trying to change the legacy form a 2-3 zone!! Best of luck.....

As I posted in the other thread, this has been a power play by Calhoun to force the ADs hand into who to hire.

Ollie will get an audition, though I hear the AD would have preferred to do a national search.

Agreed. Very similar to what Dean Smith pulled, timing wise.

Wow you're on top of things huh? Hopefully they won't ever be 2nd class citizens in any conferece like the Cuse were to the Huskies for 10-12 years but one never knows...enjoy the ACC where you will be Clemson in hoops in no time!!!!!

And Lord knows in 5 years KO will be on top and Hopkins will be trying to change the legacy form a 2-3 zone!! Best of luck.....
Talk about grasping at straws.

Today was a horrible day for UConn athletics; why are you here trying to start arguments? What could you possibly say to us?

LOL--pathetic attempt at a comeback. I'm not surprised--you guys are probably in even worse shape that I originally gave you credit for, and you aren't thinking straight.

Here are some key differences. Unlike UConn, our future is secure. Unlike Uconn, we aren't going to drop off. Unlike Uconn, we'll have a favorable situation with conference revenue. And perhaps most importantly, unlike Uconn, our transition will happen with a loaded roster, with our program performing at an elite level--as opposed to the sorry, third rate squad you'll march out this season to usher in the short-lived Kevin Ollie era.

Enjoy life in our rear view mirror.

With an idiotic comeback like that, it is clear that you guys are in even worse shape that I gave you credit for.

Unlike UConn, our future is secure. Unlike Uconn, we aren't going to drop off. Unlike Uconn, our transition will happen with a loaded roster, with our program performing at an elite level.

Actually, I think that UMass was too generous of a comparison--I think Holy Cross might be a more accurate prediction for Storrs State.
It's still hysterical that some of those fans still say they'd rather be in the Big East than the ACC

too bad Dave Leitao failed at UVA; UConn could really use a viable replacement candidate with ACC ties right now

Yea the same second class citizen that got invited to the acc before your school

Look what the cat dragged in. Yeah, we'll be Clemson in 5 years. You really a moron Mau. First, you don't belong here. Second, this was a very bad day for your school. The ACC told you to stay in the craphole of a league you are now in and you lost a great coach. Coming off a lousy season and heading in toa worse one. I understand your pain but...get lost. Oh, and you were second class for the first half of the Big East's history. Just like you are now.

Tough day for Husky fans so you go trolling. Typical. Dom Perno says hello.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

LOL--pathetic attempt at a comeback. I'm not surprised--you guys are probably in even worse shape that I originally gave you credit for, and you aren't thinking straight.

Here are some key differences. Unlike UConn, our future is secure. Unlike Uconn, we aren't going to drop off. Unlike Uconn, we'll have a favorable situation with conference revenue. And perhaps most importantly, unlike Uconn, our transition will happen with a loaded roster, with our program performing at an elite level--as opposed to the sorry, third rate squad you'll march out this season to usher in the short-lived Kevin Ollie era.

Enjoy life in our rear view mirror.
Lol elite level. I didn't realize not really accomplishing anything for a solid decade made you elite.

The fact that you are on our board seeing what we say about your team says it all.

It's honestly mind-blowing. The sad day Jim Boeheim retires I can say for cetain I won't be looking to see what you dummies think/say.

Lol elite level. I didn't realize not really accomplishing anything for a solid decade made you elite.
How many schools have won a title in the last decade?

6 or 7?

Yeah, we're one of those.

you might not have noticed that we have dominated the Big east for the last 3 years. We do have the best record in the history of the big East. rAnyway, best of luck in the BigEast and NCAA tournaments this year.

you might not have noticed that we have dominated the Big east for the last 3 years. Just like we have for the entire 32 years of the conference. Good luck in the Big East and NCAA tournaments this year.

Also add to that...also good luck with our sloppy seconds football coach and O.C...looks like they are doing a whiz-bang-up job. I'm sure the Memphis/Uconn game will be fine ESPN Ocho watching.

images

Enjoy this league and your last 2 years of a being a "BCS" conference.

Reactions: MCC

I guess consistently beating Ucan't @ss doesn't count does it?

Next you are going to tell us that the ACC wanted Yukon and you guys turned down the offer. Enjoy playing hoops against Providence, Seton Hall, Rutgers and DePaul while we are playing Duke, UNC, Pitt and Notre Dame. In the long run it doesn't matter who your coach is, the fact is you are not a wanted program. Can you say Atlantic 10.

I can't stand Calhoun, which is precisely why I'm really going to miss him. Having an arch villain makes sports fandom fun.

How many schools have won a title in the last decade?

6 or 7?

Yeah, we're one of those.
I assumed you would realize I was generalizing about the period of time since melo1 left, not literally talking about the last 10 seasons. And it's just a joke anyway. Congrats on the title.

Can't believe the negative trash talking that some people post on these boards. UConn basketball has been an elite representative from the Big East. Calhoun and Boeheim are cut from the same mold, they hate to lose and are ultra competitive. There are frequent posts putting down other schools because they didn't get the invite to the ACC. Not sure some of those posters are even SU grads...

Well let's see--unless I'm mistaken, we had a 17-1 record in conference last year. We spent a significant portion of last year ranked #1, and have been ranked #1 two out of the last three years. Not that we need any validation from your delusional fanbase, but unlike your rapidly sinking program, we're playing at an elite level right now and capable of sustaining that moving forward.

And not that this is any great feat, but haven't we beaten you four times in a row?

Can't believe the negative trash talking that some people post on these boards. UConn basketball has been an elite representative from the Big East. Calhoun and Boeheim are cut from the same mold, they hate to lose and are ultra competitive. There are frequent posts putting down other schools because they didn't get the invite to the ACC. Not sure some of those posters are even SU grads...

Well go make a positive, ego stroking UConn post then.

Also, I'm an SU grad too...so my opinion matters just as much as yours, I guess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom