Can anybody catch the ball? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can anybody catch the ball?

We throw the ball so much, simple averages tell you there will be more drops.

The big ones are killers, especially for touchdowns, but I think sheer volume plays a role here.
There's some truth to this.

How about Ish?
I must have been getting a beer that play. I thought he caught every catchable ball thrown at him. I don't recall the play you are referring to. Not trying to be an ass, but he played an amazing game. Greedy was all over him.

Honestly, I wasn't too upset about Riley's miss. I immediately thought that could have been a top ten play bc the degree of difficulty. Wasn't Dungey scrambling and threw a rocket back toward the middle and Riley had too adjust an run across the field at full speed just to get there in time? I mean, he was really booking and the ball came at a weird angle.

What's tough are those short passes when wide open guys completely miss or turn to run before they actually catch it.

We actually had a few really impressive catches though. The Ish leaping catch over the defenders and the one-handed catch by ? off the Dungey jump throw.
Not to criticize Riley, but he should have tried to catch the ball with his hands and not his arms. It was still a tough catch. He is a good promising young player that will get better with time. It would have made ESPN top ten had we won.:bat:

Amba E.T. can, yo. Oh yeah...right...crap.

Seriously, we outplayed LSU in that first half, for sure, and had zilch to show for it at half. I can imagine that Dino was highly frustrated knowing his boys should be up probably 17-0 at that point. #growingpains

Gotta love where Dino is taking us, though. I smell two upsets come ACC play. We have it in us.

I must have been getting a beer that play. I thought he caught every catchable ball thrown at him. I don't recall the play you are referring to. Not trying to be an ass, but he played an amazing game. Greedy was all over him.
I don't think I ever complained about Ish. The op asked the question, "Can anyone catch the ball", and I answered, "how about Ish"

He's averaging 12 catches a game.

Read that sentence again. Yes, there will be some drops. Hopefully we can limit the BIG ones (ie touchdowns).
Read what sentence again? The op proposed the question, "Can anyone on this team catch", and I responded with, "how about Ish?"
I feel like I'm missing something here, or is my reading comprehension not what it used to be?

Read what sentence again? The op proposed the question, "Can anyone on this team catch", and I responded with, "how about Ish?"
I feel like I'm missing something here, or is my reading comprehension not what it used to be?

Sorry, wasn't directed your way

I don't think I ever complained about Ish. The op asked the question, "Can anyone catch the ball", and I answered, "how about Ish"
Sorry cuse309, I misunderstood your reply.

Honestly, I wasn't too upset about Riley's miss. I immediately thought that could have been a top ten play bc the degree of difficulty. Wasn't Dungey scrambling and threw a rocket back toward the middle and Riley had too adjust an run across the field at full speed just to get there in time? I mean, he was really booking and the ball came at a weird angle.

What's tough are those short passes when wide open guys completely miss or turn to run before they actually catch it.

We actually had a few really impressive catches though. The Ish leaping catch over the defenders and the one-handed catch by ? off the Dungey jump throw.

Weird angle? Dungey was flushed to his right and threw to the left hash. Riley ran a back side post and the ball was right on the $$$. If riley catches it , ot makes a highlight to show EDs ability to athletically extend a play and then deliver a strike of a deep ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom