Can I just say a Bills fan | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Can I just say a Bills fan

CIL said:
I would lean towards tempering my expectations when starting Thad Lewis...:noidea:
He's their best qb this year

I've lost all hope. The Bills will suck until Ralph Wilson dies then they will move out of the region. I've finally accepted this reality. So my wife and I will show up to a game or two per season until that happens to tailgate with friends we don't normally see and leave at halftime.

It is written.

If they get a stud TE and LB in the off season, there are no excuses next year. Way too much talent to not be a playoff contender.

It's all about knowing how to win... for the most part the talent is there but you just can't lose games the way they lost the KC and Atlanta games. No other team I've seen has receivers who fumble the ball after catching the ball like the Bills do. Lost two games.

I think the offseason needs are:
- new ST coach (sound familiar Cuse fans?)
- 2 TEs
- 1 OLB
- 2 Gs, one to start and one for depth
- 1 Tackle - for depth
- Stud WR - Stevie is not the man
- Resign Byrd
- Workhorse RB - Freddy is getting old and CJ is never going to be the man

Between the draft and free agency I think the Bills should be able to address most of these and contend for a playoff spot next year. I think they are already better than the Phins and the Jets.

LeGarrette-Blount.jpg

11 Bills tryna hit that Blount...

Right because most teams run a QB sneak on 4th and 1. 4th and Inches fine but not fourth and a long 1 against a Bellichek D.

You would be screaming about it for sure.

He's their best qb this year

EJ Manuel will be a solid QB once he's healthy. He got some experience this year, but ever since getting hurt against the Browns, it's been the mix-n-match show at QB for the Bills.

There is some good talent to begin building off of in Buffalo. If any of you thought a rookie QB was going to lead you into the playoffs this year, maybe you should significantly temper your expectations. They showed signs of improvement when he was on the field, but hard to win with Thad Lewis and Jeff Tuel.

I'd bet that with Marrone, Hack & Co getting a full season under their belt and another off-season to work on this thing, it will be better soon. Buffalo has been a raging dumpster fire for years and it's not going to be changed in one season. There needed to be a massive cultural change and it's in progress. There will be some obvious shake-ups within that team soon.

This is not Marrone's fault, it's Ralph Wilson and the rest of the managements' fault that it got this bad. You Bills fans better hope Marrone can turn this thing around. He's shown he's capable of that.

Right because most teams run a QB sneak on 4th and 1. 4th and Inches fine but not fourth and a long 1 against a Bellichek D.
belichick does it all the time. i was in the kitchen when it happened, it works best when everyone is spread out, i don't know if the bills were

EJ Manuel will be a solid QB once he's healthy. He got some experience this year, but ever since getting hurt against the Browns, it's been the mix-n-match show at QB for the Bills.

There is some good talent to begin building off of in Buffalo. If any of you thought a rookie QB was going to lead you into the playoffs this year, maybe you should significantly temper your expectations. They showed signs of improvement when he was on the field, but hard to win with Thad Lewis and Jeff Tuel.

I'd bet that with Marrone, Hack & Co getting a full season under their belt and another off-season to work on this thing, it will be better soon. Buffalo has been a raging dumpster fire for years and it's not going to be changed in one season. There needed to be a massive cultural change and it's in progress. There will be some obvious shake-ups within that team soon.

This is not Marrone's fault, it's Ralph Wilson and the rest of the managements' fault that it got this bad. You Bills fans better hope Marrone can turn this thing around. He's shown he's capable of that.
There is no difference between Thad Lewis and EJ Manuel. Lewis might be a little better at deep passes and a little less cautious which explains his slightly better passer rating.

If you put EJ Manuel on Duke and Thad Lewis on FSU, Lewis would've gotten drafted, Manuel would be the journeyman and I'd be sitting here saying that there's no difference between Manuel and Lewis. Lewis has fewer games than Manuel.

And it's completely Marrone's fault that Jeff Tuel ever saw the field when they could've gone with Matt Flynn or Thad Lewis (I know Lewis was hurt for the KC game but they could've kept flynn)

QB ratings this year Flynn -> Fitz -> Lewis -> Manuel

Draft someone else. If Manuel makes a leap, great.

belichick does it all the time. i was in the kitchen when it happened, it works best when everyone is spread out, i don't know if the bills were

It's really not a bad call.

It's all about knowing how to win... for the most part the talent is there but you just can't lose games the way they lost the KC and Atlanta games. No other team I've seen has receivers who fumble the ball after catching the ball like the Bills do. Lost two games.

I think the offseason needs are:
- new ST coach (sound familiar Cuse fans?)
- 2 TEs
- 1 OLB
- 2 Gs, one to start and one for depth
- 1 Tackle - for depth
- Stud WR - Stevie is not the man
- Resign Byrd
- Workhorse RB - Freddy is getting old and CJ is never going to be the man

Between the draft and free agency I think the Bills should be able to address most of these and contend for a playoff spot next year. I think they are already better than the Phins and the Jets.
They're second in the league in rushing. RB is not a need.

Yeah, but Belichick is a dirty cheater and the Pats get all the breaks and calls. That's the only reason why they've beaten the Bills almost every time they've played since the Backstreet Boys were topping the charts.

IMHO, an NFL coach gets one year to "change the culture", that's it. If you look at the resumes of most every currently successful NFL head coach you'll see that almost all of them were in the playoffs in year 2 of their tenure. And many took over dumpster fires just as raging as the Bills. Marrone's gotta find a way to get a wild card next year. The AFC is relatively weak, it's not a monumental task.

Yeah, but Belichick is a dirty cheater and the Pats get all the breaks and calls. That's the only reason why they've beaten the Bills almost every time they've played since the Backstreet Boys were topping the charts.

IMHO, an NFL coach gets one year to "change the culture", that's it. If you look at the resumes of most every currently successful NFL head coach you'll see that almost all of them were in the playoffs in year 2 of their tenure. And many took over dumpster fires just as raging as the Bills. Marrone's gotta find a way to get a wild card next year. The AFC is relatively weak, it's not a monumental task.
belichick is a dirty cheater and I want a do over of Super Bowl 25

Yes, if there's one thing we know about the modern NFL it's that it takes a multi-year rebuilding project to take a 6win team and have them at the very least still competing for a playoff spot by Thanksgiving, particularly in a terrible conference...oh wait...no, that's only in Buffalo where we talk about needing a "culture change" yet have lower standards for our team than the other 30 nfl cities, ha.

Seriously you make it sound like he took over the '76 Bucs. Reportedly he was a commodity who wanted Buffalo because there was more talent in place than your typical coaching vacancy. IMO that's not too hard to believe when you look at the roster.

It just wasn't a good first year:
[x] Bad offense.
[x] Awful Special Teams.
[x] Same wimpy "anti-analytics" 4th down decision making as every other coach.
[x] Apparently hinged his career to a lousy choice in QB as pointed out by Milhouse.

I'd say the only good thing he's done is hire a DC who was a massive upgrade over the dumpster fire that was Dave Wanndsteadt; which doesn't seem like it should've been too difficult.

"At the end of the day" Marrone did a piss poor job in Year #1.

Another season like this and there won't be a 3rd. He'd better hope Manuel finally plays to his physical potential for an entire season.

My kingdom for a run stuffing DL. Curse of Ted Washington lives.

Yes, if there's one thing we know about the modern NFL it's that it takes a multi-year rebuilding project to take a 6win team and have them at the very least still competing for a playoff spot by Thanksgiving, particularly in a terrible conference...oh wait...no, that's only in Buffalo where we talk about needing a "culture change" yet have lower standards for our team than the other 30 nfl cities, ha.

Seriously you make it sound like he took over the '76 Bucs. Reportedly he was a commodity who wanted Buffalo because there was more talent in place than your typical coaching vacancy. IMO that's not too hard to believe when you look at the roster.

It just wasn't a good first year:
[x] Bad offense.
[x] Awful Special Teams.
[x] Same wimpy "anti-analytics" 4th down decision making as every other coach.
[x] Apparently hinged his career to a lousy choice in QB as pointed out by Milhouse.

I'd say the only good thing he's done is hire a DC who was a massive upgrade over the dumpster fire that was Dave Wanndsteadt; which doesn't seem like it should've been too difficult.

'76 Bucs? Way to blow that one out of proportion.