Can someone help me re extra point | Syracusefan.com

Can someone help me re extra point

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
Was out of town and missed it mostly. But from what I've heard the facts are these...

Both on the field refs said it was good. All the fans closest and behind the posts say it was good (one of which posted on here).

Two replays were shown. The one from the side looked like the ball dissappeared behind and inside of the post as the brown of the football went away giving way to yellow as if it was behind/inside of the post. The front on replay from behind the teams show the opposite with a smudge of something brown representing possibly the ball going in front of the post suggesting it was wide. Both have backround "interference" with either the net, the Allstate sign or the dome itself or the bleachers.

So both refs, all the fans on the spot, the one replay vs. the other replay. Do I hear the preponderance of the evidence arguement. What am I missing? Anyone else there behind the posts have a view?

The view from straight on clearly showed the ball in front of the goal post. I also heard several people call the post game show saying they were right behind the goal posts there and it definitely missed.

So both refs, all the fans on the spot, the one replay vs. the other replay. Do I hear the preponderance of the evidence arguement. What am I missing? Anyone else there behind the posts have a view?

I was right next to that goal post, about four rows from the bottom, section to the band's left. I'm backing off saying I KNOW it was good. But my initial reaction was that it was good. I heard it glance off the upright, and I'm certain it went on the right side of the goal post. I didn't see it go to the left.

However, someone sitting in front of me said they weren't so sure.

That's what I've got.

One of my good friends sits a few rows up in that end zone and told me he saw it clearly miss. One of the replays clearly showed the ball in front of the post, while the side angle was tougher because of the range of colors in the crowd behind the post. I personally don't think it went through.

Never mind what really happened or how much time the replay official had.
You win. Go Orange. Hooray.
You would have won anyway. The defense would have suddenly rose to the occasion.
Like the first quarter.

Best of luck, oh honored BIG EAST school.

You would have won anyway. The defense would have suddenly rose to the occasion.
Like the first quarter.

Don't you mean "oh honored ACC school.

I sit in Section 210, Row A which is on the rights side of the goal post and I said to the people sitting next to me "I can't believe he missed it." I never saw the post when the ball went by the left upright. They all called me crazy.

It is amazing how many people sitting only a feet from the goal post saw the same kick and had a different opinion about whether it was good or not.

The front on replay from behind the teams show the opposite with a smudge of something brown representing possibly the ball going in front of the post suggesting it was wide.

If you watched on an HD TV and not on Youtube you could clearly see the laces of the ball as the ball crossed in front of the upright. I think this sentence is pretty inaccurate in your assessment of what went down.

The view from straight on clearly showed the ball in front of the goal post. I also heard several people call the post game show saying they were right behind the goal posts there and it definitely missed.

I was on the opposite end of the field in a field level endzone seat and when he kicked it I said "oh stuff, he missed that"... then they called it good, and then they reviewed it and still called it good. I assumed that it must have been good. When I came home and watched the replay, the side angle view does appear to show that it went through the uprights. The straight on view from behind the kicker looks like the ball went in front of the upright and did not go through. Given that the refs on the field called it good, the replay official needed to see indisputable evidence to overturn it. If they looked at those 2 views, I don't know how they could overturn it because on the side view, it looked like it went through the upright.

Again, note that I'm not saying this is the right call. Based on my initial reaction, and seeing the straight on view I think that it missed.

Like the first quarter.

Huh? Toledo had the ball 13 times in the game including OT. They punted 5 times, turned the ball over on downs 1 time, and threw an interception on a stupid call in OT. You're right, the defense could never have stepped up. By my math, they had better than a 50% chance to stop them.

Toledo managed points on the other 6 possessions. Among them was a gift TD handed to them on a platter due to an ill timed snap when the QB was going to change the play, a 51 yard bomb of a FG as time expired in the 1st half, and a FG as time expired in the first half when they should have been playing for the win. Instead, they took the safe route and played for overtime and then handed SU the game with a stupid playcall going for the endzone on the first play.

Look, we all know that Syracuse got a break... but don't come over here acting like Toledo didn't have multiple chances to win the game despite the bad break. Toledo had their chances, and they couldn't make it happen. Too bad for them.

Why do we need another thread on this? Topic's over. Who cares.

Like the first quarter.

You don't need to respond to these threads anymore. Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom