can someone tell me | Syracusefan.com

can someone tell me

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
Are we ever going to be good again. Seems we take two steps forward and two steps back since g Rob left. I am sick after watching that debacle. Tech isn't even very good !!!!!

Are we ever going to be good again. Seems we take two steps forward and two steps back since g Rob left. I am sick after watching that debacle. Tech isn't even very good !!!!!

Honestly, this was bound to be a tough year with a new first-time head coach, a gutted staff, lost talent to graduation and a new league. Shafer gets a pass this year from me as there are so many obstacles this year. The one red flag I've seen is this BS of switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 in mid season. If he looks in the mirror and says he will never do something like that again, then he has learned. Thats what new coaches do in order to become better coaches, learn from their mistakes.

Tech's run defense is good. We have to develop a passing game; teams know we are not a real threat throwing the ball.

We knew this team had holes to fill. We were also led to believe that Allen, partly due to our own ignorance, was the answer. He wasn't.

We were never looking at better than a .500 season.

We knew this team had holes to fill. We were also led to believe that Allen, partly due to our own ignorance, was the answer. He wasn't.

Exactly my point. We're always trying for 500. You know who is the biggest moron ...not coaches. Me. I bought Maryland tickets and will drive 10 hours to watch us get shredded

its almost like we maintain mediocrity and run from improvement

Exactly my point. We're always trying for 500. You know who is the biggest moron ...not coaches. Me. I bought Maryland tickets and will drive 10 hours to watch us get shredded

Maryland is losing to Wake and lost it's No. 2 receiver for the year. Maryland lost 63-0 to Florida State.

Florida state. Not the wreck

We do have holes to fill,unfortunately I don't see anyone to fill them. We're on fire with another top 60'recruiting class. We still don't have a quarterback for next year.

We do have holes to fill,unfortunately I don't see anyone to fill them. We're on fire with another top 60'recruiting class. We still don't have a quarterback for next year.

We don't have a QB for next year???

No! College Football these days are the "haves" and the "have nots"...and the days of the "have nots" becoming haves eventually are long over with. Too big a divide of money and a school has to be willing to go all in to get good in football. SU isn't going all in. The IPF isn't enough

Loving the reverse psychology... nice work!

It all starts with recruiting. In order to compete in the ACC and be a top 25 we have to do better in recruiting. We have to start bringing in some 4 and 5 star recruits or we will only remain in mediocrity. Marrone was doing ok at it by bringing in a bunch of 3 star, midlevel players. That will getcha to a bowl game and maybe borderline top 25 team. But in order to be contenders and compete at the top of the ACC we have to do better in recruiting. Its really as simple as that. It will translate on the field. Ask Alabama.

Things can change quickly. Georgia and Florida have great talent and both have three losses. SU beat Missouri on the road last year and Missouri is unbeaten this year.

Maybe this explains the mass exodus to Buffalo? They saw the writing on the wall? (OK I doubt it, you can't turn down an NFL job, but it might have made leaving Syracuse a little easier)

The lack of athletes on our squad is shocking.

I disagree. While we could always use an upgrade in talent, we've come a long way in recent years in terms of athletic talent. We just happen to have a very raw QB and mediocre receivers.

I disagree. While we could always use an upgrade in talent, we've come a long way in recent years in terms of athletic talent. We just happen to have a very raw QB and mediocre receivers.

I think we're much faster on defense, especially when you compare to, say, 2007. It's night and day.

But today we just got outmuscled. They blocked us right out of plays. I don't know if that was them playing better than they have, or us playing much worse than we have. Or maybe this new scheme idea and guys just really not knowing how to play angles. I'll leave that to the guys who know the game. To me, today's problems with D weren't speed related.

I think WR continues to be an issue, but I think it was pretty glaring today that Hunt has about zero to negative 100% confidence in himself right now. Wish there was a good answer for that one. Week off is the best I've got.

Last week we blew NC State off the ball and shut down their running game. I think what Tech did says a lot about their technique. Our defense also seemed to be playing assignment football rather attacking the ball carrier. They were tentative most of the time and out guessing themselves. I was afraid this might happen.

Last week we blew NC State off the ball and shut down their running game. I think what Tech did says a lot about their technique. Our defense also seemed to be playing assignment football rather attacking the ball carrier. They were tentative most of the time and out guessing themselves. I was afraid this might happen.
Looked like we tried to completely change our defensive personality. It didn't work

I think we're much faster on defense, especially when you compare to, say, 2007. It's night and day.

But today we just got outmuscled. They blocked us right out of plays. I don't know if that was them playing better than they have, or us playing much worse than we have. Or maybe this new scheme idea and guys just really not knowing how to play angles. I'll leave that to the guys who know the game. To me, today's problems with D weren't speed related.

I think WR continues to be an issue, but I think it was pretty glaring today that Hunt has about zero to negative 100% confidence in himself right now. Wish there was a good answer for that one. Week off is the best I've got.
they need to get drunk tonight.

stay on south campus. dont show their faces on marshall st, make it a house(s) party and get bombed.

tomorrow, wake up and watch the NFL...and get drunk again.

then go to class on monday, go to practice, sweat out the booze and use this extra week to beat wake.

I think we would have been better of from the start not bringing him in. I think it hurt the team more than anyone anticipated. Having something that you think might work as hope, then reaching to use it and it turns to garbage is worse than relying on what you had to start with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom