Can we be a poacher? | Syracusefan.com

Can we be a poacher?

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
We've been poached. Shouldn't be surprising. We aren't the only team with a coaching change though. Are we in positiin to grab anyone?

It would be bad if we fail to bring in a QB two straight recruiting classes.

Now I really wish Hunt had been allowed to practice last spring.

How about Woulard? Decommitted from USF, and probably not pressed for time to start classes...

come to syracuse where we promise you that we'll get an offensive coordinator that you'll like. (trust us it'll be great)

hes the only main qb target we could probably get

I hear Cinci is unloading some of their recruits that don't fit their new coach's vision. Perhaps a gem to be found over there?

We've been poached. Shouldn't be surprising. We aren't the only team with a coaching change though. Are we in positiin to grab anyone?

It would be bad if we fail to bring in a QB two straight recruiting classes.

Now I really wish Hunt had been allowed to practice last spring.

All's fair.

Shafer in his interview talked about how he convinced Shamarko Thomas, who had committed to UL, to come to Syracuse. Obviously he will be burning up the phone lines trying to find another Shamarko Thomas who is a very capable QB.

We should go poach some Penn st players if there is any that we want. Marrone is gone so we don't have to worry about pissing off his good buddy and they are all still fair game until august right?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I hear Cinci is unloading some of their recruits that don't fit their new coach's vision. Perhaps a gem to be found over there?
Shafer needs to give the Moeller coach a call. He's been quoted as saying that cincy isn't welcomed there anymore.

Just looked at Woulards offers on Rivals and I see nobody that would have more upside now than Cuse. If and when he is aware that Allen is gone, he should want to come here. Took a visit to Kentucky yesterday? Go figure. If the offers are acurate, it does not list NC State as having offered. Shafer needs to go hard for this kid. Woulard rated 4th overall duel threat on Rivals. All things happen for a reason!!

I think we're going to see how well SS is at holding the recruits at bay and also as you pointed out, going after those that may be wavering. I wonder if any recruits called Shafer?

Mychal Traylor-Bennett WR

Unless I am missing something, this should be an easy poach. We recruited him early, he commited to Cinnci. Now that they have dumped him he is waiting to hear from a BCS program.

Unless I missed something, this should be our next commit IMO.

Mychal Traylor-Bennett WR

Unless I am missing something, this should be an easy poach. We recruited him early, he commited to Cinnci. Now that they have dumped him he is waiting to hear from a BCS program.

Unless I missed something, this should be our next commit IMO.

Those are the kinds of kids I hope are calling Shafer.

The problem with trying to poach in this situation is that our recruiters on offense have either left or have one foot out the door. It would be very difficult at this point to introduce them to a new recruiter AND also try to keep all the existing recruits together at the same time.

We should be more worried about getting further poached than trying to poach other recruits.

The problem with trying to poach in this situation is that our recruiters on offense have either left or have one foot out the door. It would be very difficult at this point to introduce them to a new recruiter AND also try to keep all the existing recruits together at the same time.

We should be more worried about getting further poached than trying to poach other recruits.

That's why they should not hurry but be quick about this search. I heard that phrase mentioned before somewhere. ;)

That's why they should not hurry but be quick about this search. I heard that phrase mentioned before somewhere. ;)

I've heard a lot of things in the last week. Most of it was bull.

of course we can. i mean, coach SS was awesome in his press conference. just awesome.

I've heard a lot of things in the last week. Most of it was bull.

I definitely didn't hear any bullshit from Shafers presser. That's about as straight as you can shoot it.

I definitely didn't hear any bullshit from Shafers presser. That's about as straight as you can shoot it.

No, not from Shafer. He did sound a little maniacal at his presser but I am sure he meant every word. It's too bad not everyone else has been as straight a shooter as Shafer.

of course we can. i mean, coach SS was awesome in his press conference. just awesome.
Great to hear you're all in on HCSS. Does this mean you're getting your rich guy, global jet-setter, one-percenter, business tycoon contribution ready? We need you now, big guy!

Shafer in his interview talked about how he convinced Shamarko Thomas, who had committed to UL, to come to Syracuse. Obviously he will be burning up the phone lines trying to find another Shamarko Thomas who is a very capable QB.
In hind sight, Shamarko's "hard nosed" game fits Shafer's approach perfectly.

Great to hear you're all in on HCSS. Does this mean you're getting your rich guy, global jet-setter, one-percenter, business tycoon contribution ready? We need you now, big guy!

No doubt!!!! The Indoor Practice Facility better know as the "Tristan Center" needs to be ready by 2016!!!! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom