can we beat duke ? | Syracusefan.com

can we beat duke ?

tbonezone

Living Legend
HELL YEAH !

14200957-standard.jpg

just ask daisy !

Would be such a big win. Unfortunately, I just don't have any confidence. After the way this year started, I didn't think we had a shot at all in the NCAAT, but after our 5 game stretch, my confidence was very high and the crushing losses the last 3 games have taken the wind out of my sails, especially how close the last two were in the final seconds.

I'm holding out that besides the St. John's and Georgetown games we are a different team at home than on the road. If we can take Louisville to OT playing like garbage we can beat Duke.

I'm holding out that besides the St. John's and Georgetown games we are a different team at home than on the road. If we can take Louisville to OT playing like garbage we can beat Duke.
For real - if we had a normal game shooting 3s vs. Ville - we win by 8 or 10.

Their offense is a zone defenses nightmare, obviously hope for a cold shooting night because they will be attempting 30-35 threes. Jones, Jackson, Tatum, Kennard, Allen can all hit a very high clip. Not to mention Tatum is the perfect guy to put in the middle. Positives? They suck on defense, dont rebound all that well...and their young guys havent played in front of 30k against a desperate team . With all that said, yes we win

i usually think we're gonna win every home game no matter how bad we are or how good the opponent is. but i dont think we're beating duke. the team looks gassed.

Their offense is a zone defenses nightmare, obviously hope for a cold shooting night because they will be attempting 30-35 threes. Jones, Jackson, Tatum, Kennard, Allen can all hit a very high clip. Not to mention Tatum is the perfect guy to put in the middle. Positives? They suck on defense, dont rebound all that well...and their young guys havent played in front of 30k against a desperate team . With all that said, yes we win
Maybe we come out and play m-2-m. They wouldn't expect that.

Yeah, we can. We need to be mindful of Kennard, and make Allen beat us. He won't.

That assumes we get back on track offensively.

We will win. We will dunk at the buzzer to cap off our 9 point victory.

Coach K will run out on the floor to shame our player that dunked at the buzzer. He will accidentally run into Grayson Allen via an inadvertent headbutt. Both will be down on the floor in pain while we celebrate our victory.

Go Orange,

Sure we can beat Duke...if White and Gillon are hot from outside and Lydon/TT provides some inside game and we rebound the ball and we get out on their many 3 point threats like we haven't all year. But is it likely? No.

They're due to hit some 3s. Shooting around 25% (22-84) the last 3 games - 2 on the road - and still hung in all 3 until the end. They'll be pumped for the game and 30k will help. If they play D as they've shown they can, they'll win. Should be another nailbiter, so hope we're also due to pull another close one out.

Both Louisville and GaTech are top 10 defensive teams - Tech is especially tough at home defensively. I think it will be nice to have a little breathing room on the offensive side for the first time in a few games.

I also think playing a team like Duke is kind of straight forward because we know they will try to outshoot the zone. A team like Louisville you have to honor the paint and the outside shot. With Duke - we will see our wings come up and stay up almost the whole game. Jefferson is solid in the block, but he's not scary and we can live with him getting his points if we slow them down from 3.

I don't think is a bad matchup at all for us personnel wise - I think people are nervous (and rightfully so) because how bad we've struggled on O the last few games and how hot Duke has been.

I feel really good about Wednesday.

If the boys protect the Dome on Wednesday and on Senior Day - we will be going dancing.

we can win a shootout vs them just need gillon to play like nc state gillon and not ga tech gillon

We can, and the way this team has been, we will. Everything has to be gut wrenching... The game, the season... Oh, you think they're dead? Five straight wins!

Oh, you think they're in? HA! Loss to Pitt... Oh, Louisville has it locked? Crazy comeback to get a shot at the win in regulation. What, you thought they'd get a shot off? HA! Overtime... Now they're dead, no wait, they're not, yep, they were all along... But they'll beat Georgia Tech on the road, and all will be well... Nope, dead again, wait a comeback... No they were dead? Did you think they were coming back? HA! Jokes on us.

So by this logic, they'll beat Duke, lose to Louisville in triple OT after three comebacks with a game-winner at the buzzer rimming out after circling on the rim a full 720 degrees, which will lead to an ESPN Sports Science segment we're all forced to watch like 18 times before the Georgia Tech game analyzing the odds of a basketball circling a rim twice and not going in... But then they'll cruise to a 15 point lead in the second half against GT and collapse for a horrible home loss involving an own basket or a fouled three point shooter or something insane...

They'll go on to win an ACCT game leaving all of us wondering whether they're in or out, or whether up is down or down is up. Then, who knows...

Clearly, this season will not end without shaving a few more years off of all of our lives. Hopefully it's a happy ending.

Roberson has played awesome against Duke throughout his career. He's good for 13 rebounds. Lydon is due for a good game, AW3 will shoot well, need Gillon to play credibly. But honestly it will come down to stopping them. This game will probably be in the high 80's. If it is in the 60's or 70's we have a better chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom