Can We Ever Get A Song? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can We Ever Get A Song?

SU fans are too cool to have a song. Or a cheer. We’re not into those sorts of things.
Damn it, I suggested the 59th Street Bridge Song, what other song can make you feel groovy like that?

Sorry to revive this thread, but all the realignment talk has me a bit down and worried. I started thinking that we need to take the position of aggressor rather than wait, and I hope that what we put on the field this year awakens a sleeping giant. That got me to the song, and I don’t recall seeing it in any previous iterations of this thread, but admit to not having combed through any of them prior to posting this.

Immigrant Song

We do in fact come from the land of the ice and snow.

I know “ You’ll Never Walk Alone “ that would be awesome, The whole stadium could sing it at the start of every game. Nobody would ever think of something like that !!!!

Great option but believe that one might just be spoken for.

I'd vote for something by Utica native Joe Bonamassa or Syracuse native Post Malone... Wonder if we could get usage rights to any of Posty's Nirvana cover set?

Have to rep CNY at any rate if this does ever transpire.

Considering the latest in conference shake-ups, and the trend in NIL shake-downs, I suggest this:

The New SU Song!

Something like this, but with Syracuse roots, would be amazing.

I go to the UF home opener every year with one of my good friends and this is a goosebumps moment every time.

I'd vote for something by Utica native Joe Bonamassa or Syracuse native Post Malone... Wonder if we could get usage rights to any of Posty's Nirvana cover set?

Have to rep CNY at any rate if this does ever transpire.
He moved when he like 9.

Doesn’t count IMO.

He moved when he like 9.

Doesn’t count IMO.

Andy Mineo is from Syracuse. Not anywhere on the level of Post Malone, but he has a song that could def get the student section boppin called “Coming in Hot”.. the hook is a banger and Kim K used it in an IG post for whatever that’s worth.

He moved when he like 9.

Doesn’t count IMO.

Fair but that's a third of his existence and his father is an SU alumni as well.

CNY have any other massively popular musicians in place of either I'd mentioned? Could always go Lou Reed

great song from a Syracuse group but the lyrics don't work.....

Something like this, but with Syracuse roots, would be amazing.

I go to the UF home opener every year with one of my good friends and this is a goosebumps moment every time.

Here you go. Actually kinda works.

Fair but that's a third of his existence and his father is an SU alumni as well.

CNY have any other massively popular musicians in place of either I'd mentioned? Could always go Lou Reed
Most of her songs would be hilariously out of place as pump up the crowd music, but Grace Jones spent a good chunk of her early life living in the Cuse. Even went to OCC for a bit.

We need one of the in tune current artists to make a custom su song

If you like the tune; Cuse centric lyrics can follow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom