Can we get a call at home for once. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can we get a call at home for once.

I'm to the point now that I think buddy is way better
Neither one is a particularly good defender, but they’re both pretty good offensive players. Think we’ll see a lot of games like this one the rest of the way: entertaining, high scoring, and in the end a lot more Ls than we’ve seen in along time.

You are assuming the QG scores. I'm not. Don't get me wrong, i didn't like that play by Eli. Didn't like the long 3 by Jor G after ND tied the game either.

Agree, 10 points out of Guerrier was bonus offense, I would never assume that Guerrier would score. He's barely over the rim on his dunks. There are no gimmes for him.

And the blown call of the day was where was the T on Brey when he was screaming at the ref while out of the coaches box. How he could argue that with a straight face, I have no idea.
Especially when the play happened about five feet in front of him.

And the blown call of the day was where was the T on Brey when he was screaming at the ref while out of the coaches box. How he could argue that with a straight face, I have no idea.

bingo. I'm of the opinion that hughes wasn't fouled and girard wasn't fouled. but the biggest blown call of the game was brey not getting a T. you cant run onto the court yelling and screaming at a ref like that.

The biggest blown calls of the game were Sidibe's second and third, and the bogus offensive foul on Hughes where the defender went flying in a direction 45 degrees opposite the way both of their momentum had been going.

In the context of those whistles, it'd be insane to not call a foul on the last shot of the game. Regardless of the context, I don't know how a defender can both undercut and hit the hand of a shooter in a four-point game and not get a whistle.

bingo. I'm of the opinion that hughes wasn't fouled and girard wasn't fouled. but the biggest blown call of the game was brey not getting a T. you cant run onto the court yelling and screaming at a ref like that.
Girard was hit on the hand at the end of the shot. How is that not a foul? Guys get that call for sticking their leg out on a three point shot, can't have contact that close to the release of the ball and not be a foul.

Agree, 10 points out of Guerrier was bonus offense, I would never assume that Guerrier would score. He's barely over the rim on his dunks. There are no gimmes for him.

Yeah, Guerrier barely seems to clear rim on any of his dunk attempts - I'm always expecting them to rim back out.

And you know damn well that if this was reversed and ND was home at PP, they would get that call every single time.

Girard was hit on the hand at the end of the shot. How is that not a foul? Guys get that call for sticking their leg out on a three point shot, can't have contact that close to the release of the ball and not be a foul.

girard was falling as soon as he shot it. flop.

And you know damn well that if this was reversed and ND was home at PP, they would get that call every single time.

no I don't damn well know.

girard was falling as soon as he shot it. flop.
Invariably you take the refs side on calls against the Orange. I bet if it was Duke you would have said it was a foul.

Invariably you take the refs side on calls against the Orange. I bet if it was Duke you would have said it was a foul.

clown post.

I'd imagine he was arguing for a T on Marek, which is still a weak argument, but frankly, with these refs it wouldn't have surprised me if they did call it.

Your only fooling yourself. Everyone else who has eyes sees the de facto nature of ND getting preferential officiating.

youre fooling yourself if you think a possible brush of a hand after a shot would cause the shooter to go flying backwards on his ass. flop.

youre fooling yourself if you think a possible brush of a hand after a shot would cause the shooter to go flying backwards on his ass. flop.
This is correct. Even if Joe got hit on that play, his flop wiped out any chance of the ref calling the foul.

That's what Brey was going insane about. Joe flopped on the play before the ND kid stepped over him. Brey was looking for the flop warning.

Joe has to stop that and just play hard D.

He also doesn't get in and grab loose balls. Very shy. Odd for a tough kid

As a former football player that aspect of his game really surprises me, thought he'd be more aggressive on d and for loose balls. I hope he improves that part of his game.

Close games like this you can look at dozens of examples why you lost or won and this game was there for the taking and SU simply didn't make enough plays to do so on D and O but that said, the O played a pretty solid game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom