Can we make sure Joe Girard shoots all the FTs in the last minute. | Syracusefan.com

Can we make sure Joe Girard shoots all the FTs in the last minute.

Alsacs

Living Legend
We need to make sure we don’t lose these games where we are up at the end.
I am not going to go crazy but we were up 8 with less than a minute to go and made all 6 FTs and still only won by 2.
Thank goodness Quincy Guerrier made all 4 FTs but I can’t say I wasn’t nervous as heck then Girard took his 2 and I wasn’t nervous.
Typically we are good at using the baseball pass after TOs but i wish the inbounder would work harder to get the ball to Girard. I rewatched it and there was one pass at the end Dolezaj had Girard open but passed to Guerirer.

These last minute FTs need to be Girard as much as possible. I am sure it will get watched in film session.

I agree. Unfortunately it is easier said then done especially in the moment. But, going forward we should have 3-4 bullet proof sets where joe is going to be open. Huge to get the ball in his hands.

That I and I wish he develops his drive and handle a bit more because he could singlehandedly foul out opposing bigs and pile up points on free throws.

There was a kid from NC State a few years ago (Cat Barber) who was excellent at that. And JGIII is a better shooter.

Agreed. I gotta say that Quincy, being the one they always pick on, has done a nice job hitting his FTs in clutch situations. But yes, get Joe the damn ball so every fan can breathe.

We need to make sure we don’t lose these games where we are up at the end.
I am not going to go crazy but we were up 8 with less than a minute to go and made all 6 FTs and still only won by 2.
Thank goodness Quincy Guerrier made all 4 FTs but I can’t say I wasn’t nervous as heck then Girard took his 2 and I wasn’t nervous.
Typically we are good at using the baseball pass after TOs but i wish the inbounder would work harder to get the ball to Girard. I rewatched it and there was one pass at the end Dolezaj had Girard open but passed to Guerirer.

These last minute FTs need to be Girard as much as possible. I am sure it will get watched in film session.
Funny you mention the baseball pass, quite effective to Battle last few years. Had this probably stupid thought last night, but since Marek seems to be the inbounder I'm curious if he even grew up throwing the "baseball" pass ? Silly, I know..

Hard to get it to the guy everyone knows you want to get it to. That said we could have wasted more time if we just threw it to Quincy instead of getting a turnover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom