Can we stop the Jay Wright as our next coach now? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can we stop the Jay Wright as our next coach now?

Lute Olson did.
How big of a name do you think Sean Miller would be if he had done exactly what he's done at Zona, at Cuse.

When you're doing it against UNC, Duke, Ville etc you're going to blow up. East coast bias, better competition and a team that constantly plays at 7 pm on ESPN. He would be a bigger name in coaching at Syracuse.

Miller isn't leaving Arizona for Syracuse. The programs are both elite it makes no sense. Arizona fanbase, recruiting So. California and only UCLA with any history in that conference Miller will be at Arizona for the foreseeable future.

Miller isn't leaving Arizona for Syracuse. The programs are both elite it makes no sense. Arizona fanbase, recruiting So. California and only UCLA with any history in that conference Miller will be at Arizona for the foreseeable future.
I don't think he would or should nor do I necessarily want him. I'm just saying he has very valid reasons to leave Arizona for Syracuse should the oppurtunity arise.

I think Syracuse is a little better job than Arizona because East coast schools just get more publicity. In all honesty though it's a push or shove were both elite.

One of the biggest changes is that Arizona goes in and gets the best players out of California nearly every year.
I'm not saying he should leave but there is something to be said for not being a big fish in a little pond...which is what he is rn.

longislandcuse said:
I don't think he would or should nor do I necessarily want him. I'm just saying he has very valid reasons to leave Arizona for Syracuse should the oppurtunity arise.

More exposure isn't always a good thing. Everything he could do at syracuse he can also do at Zona with half the pressure. Plus, the weather and women aren't bad either.

More exposure isn't always a good thing. Everything he could do at syracuse he can also do at Zona with half the pressure. Plus, the weather and women aren't bad either.

I think the point that is trying to be made is that coaches trade good jobs for others sometimes to be in the spotlight more. Half the country probably doesn't even know who Miller is because his team plays when people are in bed lol

Cuse House said:
I think the point that is trying to be made is that coaches trade good jobs for others sometimes to be in the spotlight more. Half the country probably doesn't even know who Miller is because his team plays when people are in bed lol

Couple things...
1) who cares? He gets paid top dollar. Why should he care if people in Connecticut know who he is?

2) make the final four this year and the whole point is moot. Everyone will know who he is at that point.

Pitino...He doesn't care what the women look like!

th

Couple things...
1) who cares? He gets paid top dollar. Why should he care if people in Connecticut know who he is?

2) make the final four this year and the whole point is moot. Everyone will know who he is at that point.
He might care. Some people want to be the best of the best. I don't know why that notion is so absurd. He's the king of a boring a$$ conference no one cares about or watches.

Couple things...
That's what you would think but let's be honest, most guys do care. They want to be playing the blue bloods of college basketball. Great, you can beat Oregon, Utah, and Stanford but come coach in the ACC and beat Coach K, Williams, and Pitino. The top people in any profession want to play and beat the best. The PAC-12 is doing great this year but overall, the ACC is the best conference in the country and will always be one of the best. Top coaches want to play and beat the best.

He might care. Some people want to be the best of the best. I don't know why that notion is so absurd. He's the king of a boring a$$ conference no one cares about or watches.

70 million people disagree.

That's what you would think but let's be honest, most guys do care. They want to be playing the blue bloods of college basketball. Great, you can beat Oregon, Utah, and Stanford but come coach in the ACC and beat Coach K, Williams, and Pitino. The top people in any profession want to play and beat the best. The PAC-12 is doing great this year but overall, the ACC is the best conference in the country and will always be one of the best. Top coaches want to play and beat the best.
Top coaches want to be paid and have access to fertile recruiting territories.

Everyone flames out. If you only want those who don't your list is rather small and more unattainable than the common names thrown around.

Top coaches want to be paid and have access to fertile recruiting territories.

Recruiting kids to the ACC isn't that difficult. I understand where you guys are coming from but top coaches want to compete at the highest level, you don't get that in the PAC 12 most years. Im sorry but if I am a coach ACC>PAC 12 all day. And as far as recruiting, he would have just as much success recruiting to Syracuse as Arizona.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom