Can we verify that SU plays the second game tonight? | Syracusefan.com

Can we verify that SU plays the second game tonight?

Yes we do. Saw it on the channel guide this morning, constituting slightly more confirmation than me just saying it.

Although I notice our game countdown timer is really pumping up that ND game on February 4!

Thanks guys. Realized life would be much easier if I left home around six. Don't care about seeing the first half of the Iowa game. Four hours in the Rock is not good for my health. Assuming a lot of you will still be hanging there into the first half of Iowa game. Psyched for tonight.

As long as you personally start an LGO chant in MSG, we cool.

So let's all plan for the game to start 30 minutes later than currently scheduled, yes?

So let's all plan for the game to start 30 minutes later than currently scheduled, yes?

that is a given since game 1's slot is only 2 hours....i say tip will be around 9:41 pm

Yes, the Big East Tourney did that for 30 years---you would always see the Thurs and Friday second game of the evening listed as a 9pm start. But the second game is always at 9:30pm at the earliest. I did notice the other night on ESPN when they were advertising their upcoming games on the air they did have 9:30pm on the graphic, so kudos to them (although if you set your DVR, the program slot is listed as 9-11:30pm---at least they have it covered for the extra half hour).

And on a different channel .. since ESPN doesn't actually care about people's recording or viewing plans. ;)

Yes, the Big East Tourney did that for 30 years---you would always see the Thurs and Friday second game of the evening listed as a 9pm start. But the second game is always at 9:30pm at the earliest. I did notice the other night on ESPN when they were advertising their upcoming games on the air they did have 9:30pm on the graphic, so kudos to them (although if you set your DVR, the program slot is listed as 9-11:30pm---at least they have it covered for the extra half hour).
I'll never understand why networks don't automatically just assume a game is going long. CBS has finally adapted to this at least a little with it's Sunday night lineup - they start 60 Minutes half an hour later than they used to when they have the national game in the later time slot, which is something I wish they had started a lot earlier since I'm a big Amazing Race fan and it always bumped back the show to weird times when it was still on Sunday instead of Friday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom