Can you name the last ten Final Fours? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can you name the last ten Final Fours?

http://www.sporcle.com/games/tjconn728/finalfour

Not exactly perfect because typing in "Duke" will get you about 12 correct at once

It's weird, I am much better at remembering who won stuff from either before I was born or when I was a kid. More recent I will know, but I'll often need a second to think about it
100% with 4:43 left

Easy. If you follow College Hoops

God I love meeting weirdos like me who dedicate way too much brain space to sports facts.

I can name every champion in every major sport since probably the mid-80s, but I can't do actually useful things like change a tire or building something from IKEA.

I used to be like that. Now I can't do either ...

100% with 4:43 left

Easy. If you follow College Hoops

Comin for you, Alsacs. ;)

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 12.08.40 PM.png

i missed 5 :eek:

lsu 1986
cincinnati 1992
minnesota 1997 (i never would have guessed that in a million years. every other team i missed i said "oh right". but minnesota???)
stanford 1998
lsu 2006

I see Sporcle has been linked... great site for this type of stuff... many useless hours spent on that site over the years.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/bbystricky/ncaa-mens-tournament-top-scorer-by-year

Here is another one they have on the front page. I got 29 out of 39... although knowing the player from the 1994 Arkansas team, popped 3 others I probably would have not guessed. I missed 4 of the first 5, and 4 in the last 10 years. As work has become more serious after 2006, there have been some years I tune out more than others.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/bbystricky/ncaa-mens-tournament-top-scorer-by-year

Here is another one they have on the front page. I got 29 out of 39... although knowing the player from the 1994 Arkansas team, popped 3 others I probably would have not guessed. I missed 4 of the first 5, and 4 in the last 10 years. As work has become more serious after 2006, there have been some years I tune out more than others.

That was a good one, I got 32, should have been 34 but i couldn't spell 2 of the names

God I love meeting weirdos like me who dedicate way too much brain space to sports facts.

I can name every champion in every major sport since probably the mid-80s, but I can't do actually useful things like change a tire or building something from IKEA.

I could name the world series opponents and how many games the series went going back into the 1950's, then I met I guy who could do it off the top of his head back into the 19th century.

I got all 10. Not too hard with multiple choices. There was usually one team in each list that I knew either never made it or not recently. I'm looking at you Boston College!

AND Pitt!! Multiple times!

I almost didn't pick the one year GTown actually did make the FF, out of sheer incredulity that they had done so in the past decade. :D

I could name the world series opponents and how many games the series went going back into the 1950's, then I met I guy who could do it off the top of his head back into the 19th century.

I'm pretty sure I could get most world series matchups going really far back, but the games is going to be tougher

Too easy -- the champs are pretty easy to remember (and many times only listed once) and usually there is usually at least one memorable F4 team per year. Plus eliminating answers teams that are never in it took away the challenge.

Orioles over Dodgers 4-0. Moe Dombrowski relieves in game 1 to get the win. The Dodgers get shut out by the Orioles for the rest of the series. Jim "Pancake" Palmer throws one of the shut outs in his first World Series appearance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom