Candid Coaches: Who are the most overrated and underrated college football coaches? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Candid Coaches: Who are the most overrated and underrated college football coaches?

I agree that having great players and facilities helps coaches win games. But that is the reward for his ability to build programs up and develop talent and build a brand that kids want to be a part of.

In the 25 year span between Bear Bryant and Saban, Alabama went through 6 coaches and won one title. In his 11 years, they have 5 titles. He is the reason why they are what they are.

So when you say "it's impossible to know how good Saban really is" -- of course it's possible. We have the evidence right in front of us.
I agree with him.

99% of us don't know anything about football. We've never been on a practice field with Saban. Never been in a film room. So of course it's impossible to know how good a coach he is.

But he's probably a very good coach.
If Saban isn't a great coach, than I truly don't know if anyone is. Despite these proposed "advantages," which btw the other big guys get too, he beats everyone. He has more championships than anybody not named Bryant, and out schemes every team he plays. His time in the NFL I guess hurts his legacy a bit, but as a college coach, he is on the absolute top tier. The fact that he's a SOB really doesn't mean anything.

It's perfectly reasonable to say something without any tangible evidence?

Yes and I'll admit maybe I am just incredibly cynical.

If there's cheating in elite college basketball, why wouldn't there be in football where there is even more money?

Yes and I'll admit maybe I am just incredibly cynical.

If there's cheating in elite college basketball, why wouldn't there be in football where there is even more money?

If any proof of Saban cheating comes out, I'll be the first to crucify him. But otherwise, it's being hypocritical, because I know I would be very annoyed if someone accused Syracuse of paying players without evidence.

Agree, he is a used car salesman and it somehow works in the living room. He also is smart enough to know you are sometimes as good as your coordinators and he has 2 good ones.

It will be interesting to see how he does without Joe Moorhead running the offense

If any proof of Saban cheating comes out, I'll be the first to crucify him. But otherwise, it's being hypocritical, because I know I would be very annoyed if someone accused Syracuse of paying players without evidence.

I’m not saying it’s Saban. If it is done anything like basketball it is fed through boosters. I agree he is a great coach, but it still doesn’t mean he can’t cheat. There’s been to much evidence in college sports to be that naive IMO.

Saban's hired shady coaches and cheaters. What would make us think he doesn't cheat?

Saying Saban cheats is perfectly reasonable imo. If basketball coaches are doing it you know football is. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Bama is paying players.

The question is more of a “who isn’t” imo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom