Candidate Pool, feel free to add. | Syracusefan.com

Candidate Pool, feel free to add.

GoSU96

Living Legend
Current Staff:

Scott Shafer, 45, current job 4 yr DC at SU, prior stops, Michigan, Stanford as DC, various jobs in the MAC.

Nate Hackett, 34, current job, 2 yr OC at SU, prior jobs, offensive quality control in the NFL, assistant coaching, recruiting coordinator Stanford

Donnie Henderson, 56, current job, resurrected as DB coach at SU, 1 yr, was on a downward trajectory after making it to DC in the NFL.

Current Head Coaches:

Dave Clawson, 46, HC Bowling Green since 2009 22-27. prior jobs, 1 year at Tennessee that led to Fulmer getting fired, HC at Richmond and Fordham. No BCS level recruiting experience.

Pete Lembo, 42, current job HC Ball State two seasons 15-10. No NFL or BCS experience. HC at Lehigh and Elon before Ball St.

Chuck Priore, 52, HC SUNY SB since 2006, no nfl, bcs, or D-1 experience. Prior job HC Trinity College.

Bob Wilder, 48, HC ODU since 2009, prior experience, postion coach/coordinator at Maine.

George O'Leary 65, HC CFR since 2004, extensive NFL and BCS experience as HC, coordinator and position coach.

Oldies but goodies/unemployed.

Jim Tressel, 60, last real job HC tOSU. 'nuff said. still under sanction.

Mario Cristobal, 42, bounced out of FIU, five year record 27-41. Prior job position coach at Miami and Rutgers.

Kevin Rogers, 61, last job QB coach Temple, current status unclear. prior job, let go/left mid season with BC 2011, OC at SU and ND, position coach with Vikings.

Mark Whipple, 55, last job QB coach Cleveland, OC at Univ of Miami 09-10, QB coach in NFL, HC at Umass and Brown '94-03.

Hot college coordinators

Tom Herman, 37, OC-OSU 1 year, prior job OC Iowa State and Rice

Brent Venables, 42, DC-Clemson 1 year, DC Oklahoma 7 years, position coach KST, OU.

Pep Hamilton, 38, OC-Stanford 2 years, prior jobs NFL QB coach Chicago, San Fran, NYJ 2004-2009,

Phil Montgomery, 42, OC - Baylor, prior jobs 10 years as offensive assistant with Art Briles at Baylor and Houston.

What about Ted Roof at Ped State if O'Brien leaves for the Eagles ? No HC experience but he's been a coordinator with the big boys.

I like those four "hot college coordinators," myself. Get some feelers out to them.

I like those four "hot college coordinators," myself. Get some feelers out to them.

I'd include Shafer and Hackett in that group. Would all depend on who is "head coaching" material/ready.

But none of these guys have the resumes that Marrone, Golden, Holtz, Gill, Edsall had.

Pat Narduzzi, DC at Michigan State.

Would like to hire someone who has ties in our current recruiting areas. SU can't afford to start over... again.

Hackett would be most logical IMO. Young, energetic and could likely keep alot of the current staff/recruiters intact.

Would like to hire someone who has ties in our current recruiting areas. SU can't afford to start over... again.

Hackett would be most logical IMO. Young, energetic and could likely keep alot of the current staff/recruiters intact.

Agreed, has to run a spread of some sort, and has to have some ties with NorthEast or South East (basically ACC territory).

Remember the last guy we hired from Texas

Manny Diaz--Strong ties in ACC/SEC territory
Mario Cristobal--Got a raw deal at FIU
Mark Whipple--Very good coach

Slim pickings.

None of them really excite me.

I'd still take a look at Priore.

Tony Sporano?

I would add Edsall and Golden to your current HC list.

Current Staff:

Bob Wilder, 48, HC ODU since 2009, prior experience, postion coach/coordinator at Maine.

I didn't know anything about Wilder except I'd seen Old Dominion actually involved with legit D1 prospects and winning some battles against D1 schools. So I started looking over the top FCS schools and Old Dominion is right there in the mix.

Old Dominion started their program in 2009 with Wilder named to be their 1st head coach. He is 38-10 there in the 4 years the program has existed.

This season his offense averaged 548 yards per game, 400 passing. 5000 total passing yards this season.

And from what I understand he's a solid recruiter (or at least his staff is), Pulling kids from the Tidewater area, and Virginia up through PA, NJ, NY. He's recruiting our geographic region.

Comes from Maine and was a GA at Boston College one year.

Chad Morris, OC Clemson

Seconded. Diaco and Cristobal.

I would add Edsall and Golden to your current HC list.

If O'Brien leaves isn't Golden the obvious choice there?

And Edsall isn't coming here unless he is either or knows he's fired. And at that point can SU hire damaged goods that has never proven he can recruit?

Brian Angelico - Bucs TE coach... was OC at Ithaca, then position jobs at pitt and rutgers.

Brian Angelico - Bucs TE coach... was OC at Ithaca, then position jobs at pitt and rutgers.

That is not the resume of a BCS head coach, OC maybe, HC, no way.

I heard Mitch Browning is still holed up in that Motel 6 lobbying players to tell TGD to give him the keys.

candidate for what job opening?

I didn't know anything about Wilder except I'd seen Old Dominion actually involved with legit D1 prospects and winning some battles against D1 schools. So I started looking over the top FCS schools and Old Dominion is right there in the mix.

Old Dominion started their program in 2009 with Wilder named to be their 1st head coach. He is 38-10 there in the 4 years the program has existed.

This season his offense averaged 548 yards per game, 400 passing. 5000 total passing yards this season.

And from what I understand he's a solid recruiter (or at least his staff is), Pulling kids from the Tidewater area, and Virginia up through PA, NJ, NY. He's recruiting our geographic region.

Comes from Maine and was a GA at Boston College one year.
I'm in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom