Can't help but wonder... | Syracusefan.com

Can't help but wonder...

Crusty

Living Legend
...what Marrone and the old staff must be thinking about the IPF and the new stadium. Did they loosen the bottle cap? Did they simply not believe TGD? Did they think Nancy was not supportive and nothing would happen until she was gone? I suppose they have to be thinking What?

I realize that nothing could compete with the NFL but I am think they must be scratching their heads.

The top 2 things opposing coaches use against us in recruiting are our D1AA facilities and our lack of fan support. Both were huge issues with Marrone, but it doesn't matter. He moved the conversations forward and now Shafer gets the benefit of using the new IPF in his arsenal. All is well.

doug was probably making about $400k - $500k as oc/line coach of the saints. when he took the syracuse job, he probably was making somewhere between $1m and $1.5m. (i think the number was $1.1m) now, as buffalo's coach, he makes $3m. it wasn't the ipf...

doug was probably making about $400k - $500k as oc/line coach of the saints. when he took the syracuse job, he probably was making somewhere between $1m and $1.5m. (i think the number was $1.1m) now, as buffalo's coach, he makes $3m. it wasn't the ipf...

There's that!!! and I agree

I'd bet Marrone would be thrilled if Shafer and crew get more than what SU had 3-4 years ago. Let's hope that the IPF along with a focused marketing/ticketing approach allows Shafer to continue the positive upswing.

Still think it would be a huge upgrade for SU to give football another Eric White-type for recruiting.

I also remember reading somewhere that Doug was told construction on the IPF would begin immediately. And that the Manley renovation (which he saw as a band-aid fix) was a point of aggrivation for him.

Now, was that the be-all...end-all reason for his departure? Sure it wasn't. But I'm sure it didn't help him stay either.

Guys, I was not saying that is why he left but he would be less than human if he didn't give it at least one What.

Less than human? The guy who pledged his allegiance to Orange and then took the first better paying job out of town? Not knocking him for looking out for #1 but I seriously doubt he gives a crap about any of it in any negative way. He leveraged SU to get where he wanted to be and is not wasting time looking back - as people stated, he has got to get to the bank and deposit those millions.