Cant take anyone off the dribble | Syracusefan.com

Cant take anyone off the dribble

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
problems scoring in anything but transition could plague us this year

Nice job letting Va Tech control tempo all half. Not easy to uptempo the game if you let the other team hold the ball 32 seconds every possession.

yeah, i have a feeling the second half will be quite a bit different. its actually kind of nutz how we are only down two.

yeah, i have a feeling the second half will be quite a bit different. its actually kind of nutz how we are only down two.

I think we'll play better in the second half, but why should it take 18 minutes to make an adjustment?

Nice job letting Va Tech control tempo all half. Not easy to uptempo the game if you let the other team hold the ball 32 seconds every possession.

That's what happens when you play zone. Lets the other team slow it down if they choose. We've seen this script a million times.

Triche's performance thus far is suboptimal.

Sure didnt take long for the bench to shrink...the spot man defense to go away...

Triche just made a couple plays. Waiters breaking down the d has made a big difference. Plus harder to go against our zone when you're down vs when you have a lead.

Its simply energy. The team was sleeping the first half. Not sure what they thought they were getting into...simple upgrade of the intensity has made all the difference in the world..would still like to see more bench as in investment for games down the road

Vtech goes zone...we look confused

Sure didnt take long for the bench to shrink...the spot man defense to go away...

Do you think the results of the shrunk bench were what we were looking for?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Do you think the results of the shrunk bench were what we were looking for?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

not this early. i also wonder if scoop sitting this long in the second half is going to cause chemistry issues

why does dion stand agains the sidelines and baselines when trying to dribble out clock? he's just creating an extra defender.

The team went on a run with that lineup stick with it. Its that simple.
VT was wasting clock we needed efficiency.

Stat of the day 41% shooting first half, and 25% from three and 1 free throw.

By the end of the game we compensated for that and raised it to 48% and 46% from 3 and 8 frethrows.

Thats something like 55%, 5 for 7 from three and 5-7 on our freethrows in the second half.
Much better.

not this early. i also wonder if scoop sitting this long in the second half is going to cause chemistry issues
Maybe, He usually "seems" to be a good bench player always rooting for the team. I am watching a replay now. I will keep an eye out to see how he is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom