Caption This | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Caption This

0EC1988D-D9B3-42C8-B027-BF9AC3C6EDB4.jpeg

Instead of being stubborn, just own up to the fact that you were wrong like a man, and be grateful that the team substantially exceeded your lowball prediction. Lgo!
Instead of being stubborn, just own up to the fact that you were wrong like a man, and be grateful that the team substantially exceeded your lowball prediction. Lgo!

A couple of things.

First, I don't even remember making a prediction - I just don't find that kind of thing in any way interesting.

Second, I think it's a little creepy that you apparently keep track of such things.

Third, with any sports season, you never really know what's going to happen. I doubt many figured that Florida State would play as badly as they did this year. The same probably holds true for Louisville. The fact is that we were that close to losing to NC and NC State . And, we lucked out a bit with the injury to Dillon and some silly mistakes by BC this past week. So, you never know what's going to happen.

That's why I don't spend a lot of time predicting final season records.

And I can assure that I spend no time cataloguing and researching what other posters write weeks earlier about anything - much less pre-season won/lost predictions.

Really creepy.

Having said that, I certainly didn't believe that this team would win nine games - I am very surprised and very pleased that it did.

One more score and I eat my Daisy Red Rider.

Last edited:
A couple of things.

First, I don't even remember making a prediction - I just don't find that kind of thing in any way interesting.

Second, I think it's a little creepy that you apparently keep track of such things.

Third, with any sports season, you never really know what's going to happen. I doubt many figured that Florida State would play as badly as they did this year. The same probably holds true for Louisville. The fact is that we were that close to losing to NC and NC State . And, we lucked out a bit with the injury to Dillon and some silly mistakes by BC this past week. So, you never know what's going to happen.

That's why I don't spend a lot of time predicting final season records.

And I can assure that I spend no time cataloguing and researching what other posters write weeks earlier about anything - much less pre-season won/lost predictions.

Really creepy.

Having said that, I certainly didn't believe that this team would win nine games - I am very surprised and very pleased that it did.

Truthfully, I rarely pay attention to what you have to say, but I do find it humorous what a great lengths some people will go to the rationalize the asinine predictions that they make on this board. Your comical autobiographical fanfic above notwithstanding, it wasn't an accurate gauge of what this team was capable of. You went out of your way to call others out for being more optimistic with their predictions, so don't get salty when those predictions were right and yours weren't.

Sadly,.I actually think it was your second most absurd prediction of the year, far distant to your annoying hand-wringing about how Florida State was going to kick our asses this year.

Just own up to the fact that you sold this team short. BFD-- grow a set, and be happy that the team is better than you thought.

Last edited:
It's amazing what a great lengths people will go to the rationalize the asinine predictions that they make on this board. Your comical autobiographical fanfic notwithstanding, it wasn't an accurate gauge of what this team was capable of. You went out of your way to call others out for being more optimistic with their predictions, so don't get salty when those predictions were right in yours were wrong.

Sadly,.I actually think it was your second most absurd prediction of the year, far distant to your annoying hand-wringing about how Florida State was going to kick our asses this year.

What's creepiest of all is how congenitally incapable you are a owning up to the fact that you sold this team short. BFD-- g row a set, and be happy that the team is better than you thought.

Again, I don't recall making a prediction.

I do think I commented on folks who thought this team would win ten games.

I didn't think that was realistic and I felt that by making such predictions folks would be overly disappointed by the actual results.

I gather that those who predicted that the team would win ten games disappointed you with what I guess you would call an "asinine" prediction - since it was incorrect.

Again, I don't remember saying it, but if I did predict that we would lose to Florida State this year, I have no problem with that. I believe that man for man, Florida State still has better talent than we do. I suspect by the way, that up and down the rosters, Louisville and NC State also have better talent than we do.

In fact, I seem to recall Dino Babers expressing surprise at our won-loss record this season. I think he said that our 2018 record was actually a year ahead of schedule.

I suppose you would conclude that the coach "sold the team short"?

Oh well.

Just so you understand, the reason I posted on this thread in the first place was because I would like to think that Syracuse Football fans would show some class and be humble in victory - and not engage in the kind of silly front-running that too many fan bases from other schools exhibit.

Steve Addazio was a very good coach at Syracuse University. He made a lot of friends in CNY and was well liked. We had a lot of success while he was here. He was well-respected as an assistant at Florida - did a great job with a struggling Temple program and has done a great job at BC.

So, I thought the original post was a cheap shot.

“I wonder if I can schedule UCon for six games next year.”

Truthfully, I rarely pay attention to what you have to say, but I do find it humorous what a great lengths some people will go to the rationalize the asinine predictions that they make on this board. Your comical autobiographical fanfic above notwithstanding, it wasn't an accurate gauge of what this team was capable of. You went out of your way to call others out for being more optimistic with their predictions, so don't get salty when those predictions were right and yours weren't.

Just own up to the fact that you sold this team short. BFD-- grow a set, and be happy that the team is better than you thought.

Hey I see that you edited your original post.

Your edited post now indicates that "I rarely pay attention to what you have to say."

That is very funny.

After I observed how creepy it seems that you actually record/recall a post I made weeks ago, you must have thought about it and realized that it does seem a bit creepy.

So, I guess, you figured that you should edit your post to make it clear that you don't take any note of my posts.

And then you go on to talk about other posts I apparently have made in the past.

To paraphrase you - "BFD - grow a set" and admit that you read my posts very, very carefully!

Happy Thanksgiving RF.

Just so you understand, the reason I posted on this thread in the first place was because I would like to think that Syracuse Football fans would show some class and be humble in victory - and not engage in the kind of silly front-running that too many fan bases from other schools exhibit.
Welcome to a college sports forum. Syracuse is not immune from making fun of other schools, their coaches, players, etc. This site is tame compared to most others.

There have been dozens of 'Caption This' threads on this site. This is the only one I know of that you have had a problem with, unless there was one that was less than complementary of Coach P.

Who cares what kind of coach he was here or at Florida? Syracuse beat him up, down, and sideways. When someone finds a picture of him experiencing that, then just like the Duke kid crying or the Minnesota girl wondering what just happened in our bowl game against them, it will find its way to the board.

I don't remember you defending Edsall when posters make fun of him. Do we need to take the high road there, also? Because I can assure you, Randy was and is a jerk, as his actions have shown both personally and professionally. I know this personally, for reasons I will not go into here.

So perhaps, in the future, you should skip threads titled 'Caption This'.

Hey I see that you edited your original post.

Your edited post now indicates that "I rarely pay attention to what you have to say."

That is very funny.

After I observed how creepy it seems that you actually record/recall a post I made weeks ago, you must have thought about it and realized that it does seem a bit creepy.

So, I guess, you figured that you should edit your post to make it clear that you don't take any note of my posts.

And then you go on to talk about other posts I apparently have made in the past.

To paraphrase you - "BFD - grow a set" and admit that you read my posts very, very carefully!

Happy Thanksgiving RF.

Good lord -- I've never seen anybody go to such great lengths to avoid owning up to a prediction that worked out favorably for the team they root for.

I did have a great Thanksgiving -- in no small part due to the team far exceeding my expectations this year, and scoring a big win to earn their NINTH win of the season.

The reason that I stopped paying attention to you is that earlier this year, you were ostentatious about why you felt that 6-6 was this team's ceiling. I edited my post above to avoid being combative, but if you really want me to refresh your Clinton-esque memory, then I'll be happy to direct you to the voluminous posts you made in a thread Anomander posted prior to the Florida State game, where you were convinced that we'd lose, that FSU would roll us, and that bowl mere bowl eligibility would be an accomplishment for this team.

Throughout the last several weeks, I've seen scores of posters happily acknowledge that their expectations were exceeded, and that their predictions for this team's level of success were outshot by how the team performed. There's nothing wrong with owning up to being wrong -- it isn't humble pie, considering we all root for the same team.

It wasn't a cheap shot -- it was meant in jest. Lighten up, and enjoy the team's success which far eclipsed your early season expectations.

“I think I left my fork on my plate and put it in the microwave “

Good lord -- I've never seen anybody go to such great lengths to avoid owning up to a prediction that worked out favorably for the team they root for.

I did have a great Thanksgiving -- in no small part due to the team far exceeding my expectations this year, and scoring a big win to earn their NINTH win of the season.

The reason that I stopped paying attention to you is that earlier this year, you were ostentatious about why you felt that 6-6 was this team's ceiling. I edited my post above to avoid being combative, but if you really want me to refresh your Clinton-esque memory, then I'll be happy to direct you to the voluminous posts you made in a thread Anomander posted prior to the Florida State game, where you were convinced that we'd lose, that FSU would roll us, and that bowl mere bowl eligibility would be an accomplishment for this team.

Throughout the last several weeks, I've seen scores of posters happily acknowledge that their expectations were exceeded, and that their predictions for this team's level of success were outshot by how the team performed. There's nothing wrong with owning up to being wrong -- it isn't humble pie, considering we all root for the same team.

"Ostentatious"?

A Clinton reference?

What is up?

I said that I don't recall some posts and do recall others. I just don't memorize or record to the extent that you apparently do. Sorry, but I think it's a bit odd that you remember the name of a specific poster on a specific issue.

I just can't do that.

If you fully read my response to you in this weird back and forth, I said I am "very surprised" that the team won nine games this season and I am "very pleased" that it did.

I really don't know what you would like me to say. That I am really, really, really surprised?

Is that better?

Welcome to a college sports forum. Syracuse is not immune from making fun of other schools, their coaches, players, etc. This site is tame compared to most others.

There have been dozens of 'Caption This' threads on this site. This is the only one I know of that you have had a problem with, unless there was one that was less than complementary of Coach P.

Who cares what kind of coach he was here or at Florida? Syracuse beat him up, down, and sideways. When someone finds a picture of him experiencing that, then just like the Duke kid crying or the Minnesota girl wondering what just happened in our bowl game against them, it will find its way to the board.

I don't remember you defending Edsall when posters make fun of him. Do we need to take the high road there, also? Because I can assure you, Randy was and is a jerk, as his actions have shown both personally and professionally. I know this personally, for reasons I will not go into here.

So perhaps, in the future, you should skip threads titled 'Caption This'.

Actually, more often than not I have defended Randy Edsall - because he's a Syracuse guy. And I support Syracuse guys.

I did not like what Randy did to UConn when he left the team to take the MD job immediately following the Fiesta Bowl - I thought it was pretty classless.

But, for the most part I stand by Syracuse guys because I'm a Syracuse guy and I come from a Syracuse family.

Addazio is a good guy and good coach. His team beat the living daylights out of us last year - really pounded us. So, my feeling is - take the win - be happy and move on and don't rub it in - especially when the other coach is a good guy and a Syracuse guy.

I didn't find a lot of the "caption this" comments about him, witty or fair.

So, I responded.

RF decided to take a shot at me - he obviously has an issue with me - that's fine.

I responded to him.

That's all.

RF2044 and OrangePA How about you two put each other on ignore and give everyone else a break from this back and forth.

Why does an adult always have to step in and ruin all the fun!

I really never expected this conversation - took me completely by surprise.

Having said that, I'm done as well.

Take care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom