Carey needs to start | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Carey needs to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you said you weren't sure whether you'd take Ennis over Howard. That's when the men in the white coats should have paid you a visit.

Ennis was the death of our fast break, but he could manage the pace and run a half court offense very well.

But you said you weren't sure whether you'd take Ennis over Howard. That's when the men in the white coats should have paid you a visit.

That’s not what I said. Go re-read please.

Ennis was the death of our fast break, but he could manage the pace and run a half court offense very well.
Ennis stopped the transition that is correct.
He was our best PG in the halfcourt since 2012.
The problem was he had two midrange/post players in Fair and Grant and his SG got a major cold streak which hauled our efficiency in the half court.
If we had average SG play in the last 10 games we score more.

Frank shooting 36% from three is actually about average for decent guards across the country. That's like the minimum acceptable shooting percentage for a supposed outside shooter.

Of course, you look at Battle and Brissett, both of whom shot 32% from three last year (like Frank), and only 1 of the 3 of them is shooting better this year - and of course that's the guy who was hurt!

I share your observation that Frank has become a side-to-side player and can't seem to get past anyone in the lane anymore.

Tyus and Buddy may become the closers, if Frank can't get his game going again. I was reading that Buddy only has 5 turnovers in ACC play. If he keeps that up - just making the simple plays and trying to slide to open spots when we're on offense - that's enough for this team.

I agree with your last two paragraphs and just would point out that Frank is a career 32+% from three and in ACC play this year he's 35+%. You look at the rosters of the top 50 type teams and you'll see those percentages are well below the average guard on those squads. More than 140 teams this year are averaging more than what Frank is shooting in ACC play and that # is probably closer to 250 when his full year stats are used.

It’s mocking somebody hint hint . My god how are you so obtuse to that.

Well, you’re a big boy. BTW...if you don’t like my posts ignore me. Take your own advice.

You’re the one constantly complaining about our offense. Where were you in 2013?

That’s not what I said. Go re-read please.

Nope. You said u weren't sure and then said maybe you'd take Ennis over Howard. You can parse it anyway you'd like. Your 25+ posts in this thread make your preference perfectly clear.

We were 60 or below in several NCAAT games last year.

Right, we won 3 in a row and nearly a 4th. I didn’t say least year’s offense was good. But it was better than the one Ennis led, which is the point you keep missing.

Well, you’re a big boy. BTW...if you don’t like my posts ignore me. Take your own advice.

You’re the one constantly complaining about our offense. Where were you in 2013?
Newsflash I don’t engage you instead you engage me and sometimes I respond.
Maybe I shouldn’t at all because it floods the board but I gotta admit sometimes the back and forths are entertaining for myself as I can’t believe some of the stuff stated.
I don’t block anyone unless they take personal cheap shots.

Nope. You said u weren't sure and then said maybe you'd take Ennis over Howard. You can parse it anyway you'd like. Your 25+ posts in this thread make your preference perfectly clear.

I was asked if we’d be better off with Howard, and said I wasn’t sure. Right?

Newsflash I don’t engage you instead you engage me and sometimes I respond.
Maybe I shouldn’t at all because it floods the board but I gotta admit sometimes the back and forths are entertaining for myself as I can’t believe some of the stuff stated.
I don’t block anyone unless they take personal cheap shots.

You just called me obtuse! Lol. Cmon buddy. ;-)

I agree with your last two paragraphs and just would point out that Frank is a career 32+% from three and in ACC play this year he's 35+%. You look at the rosters of the top 50 type teams and you'll see those percentages are well below the average guard on those squads. More than 140 teams this year are averaging more than what Frank is shooting in ACC play and that # is probably closer to 250 when his full year stats are used.

Oh yeah, I'm on board. I was one of the guys reminding people who said Frank was going to be great LAST year that he only shot something like 22% the year before, and I think that was overall, and 16% from three.

Given that starting point, he was quite good last year, even though he only shot 32% from deep. He seemed to hit them at important times, and did look good at times running our slow-motion offense.

Still, THIS year, everybody expected Frank, Tyus and Brissett to all shoot 35-36%+, when all shot 32% last year, and I warned people that not everybody improves in a linear fashion from year to year. Unfortunately, two of those "Big Three" actually got worse from their modest shooting numbers from last year.

I think the effort to move Tyus to the point, at least part-time, is Boeheim's big roster move to try to save the season.

In the process, it might also kick-start Tyus' perception as to draftability. If he can seem adequate at the point as maybe a second unit guy, that helps his draft stock immensely. His shooting isn't quite the problem it would be if that was all he was. He didn't have the ability to see the court as well as he is right now, and Boeheim has clearly told him to attack the rim when he is running the team. Buddy is figuring out where the open spaces are when they double team Battle on the drive.

This is actually working as our best offense right now, with Hughes, Brissett and Marek in the front court - 2 slashers, 2 shooters and a glue guy on the offensive end.

Lol are you serious about your last sentence. I was complaining about the lack of a 4th guard then in 2013. My god do your research before assume.
I call it the way I see it. I give credit when it’s deserved and when I think criticism or discussion is necessary don’t have a problem doing that.
I don’t just worship at the altar of the coach. I think he is a damn good coach but some of his decisions in relations to roster management haven’t been good.

You just called me obtuse! Lol. Cmon buddy. ;-)
Obtuse isn’t a cheap shot. It means slow to learn.Everyone including myself has been obtuse in their lives.
You just are obsessed with “owning” the argument rather than just having a difference of opinion argument where it’s okay to disagree.

Lol are serious about your sentence. I was complaining about the lack of a 4th guard then. My god do your research before assume.
I call it the way I see it. I give credit when it’s deserved and when I think criticism or discussion is necessary don’t have a problem doing that.
I don’t just worship at the altar of the coach. I think he is a damn good coach but some of his decisions in relations to roster management haven’t been good.

So just to be clear...you were mad at Boehiem in 2013 because Gbinje wasn’t ready to contribute? Does JB and his staff get credit for developing him and Rak?

So just to be clear...you were mad at Boehiem in 2013 because Gbinje wasn’t ready to contribute? Does JB and his staff get credit for developing him and Rak?
I was pissed that Gbinije didn’t play the entire second half against Dayton.
I said it then.
Gbinije gave us some offense in that game. He made mistake where his shot fell off on defense and Dayton got a 3 and JB sat him for Cooney who gave us nothing.
So yeah I did say it then.

I can’t even fathom a Syracuse team coached by anyone other than Boeheim.
i've said this before: when boeheim goes, i'll probably stop following syracuse basketball. i've come to realize that, for me, syracuse basketball is boeheim basketball. it's all i know. and as i'm not an alum and i haven't been a local in over 20 years, why would i keep loyalty to a team in a sport that has become so difficult to watch? it'll be all nba for me when he hangs it up

I think the effort to move Tyus to the point, at least part-time, is Boeheim's big roster move to try to save the season.

In the process, it might also kick-start Tyus' perception as to draftability. If he can seem adequate at the point as maybe a second unit guy, that helps his draft stock immensely. His shooting isn't quite the problem it would be if that was all he was. He didn't have the ability to see the court as well as he is right now, and Boeheim has clearly told him to attack the rim when he is running the team. Buddy is figuring out where the open spaces are when they double team Battle on the drive.

This is actually working as our best offense right now, with Hughes, Brissett and Marek in the front court - 2 slashers, 2 shooters and a glue guy on the offensive end.
I totally agree with this. Brilliant move allowed massive in-season improvement. The downsides are JC's PT and the vulnerability to pressing guards. The team has flaws but it now also has potential.

based on this table, the real scandal is why the elf isn't braswell starting over oshae! i mean, come on! even an old fossil like bowheem should be able to see that

;)
He's positively Zion-esque.

I was pissed that Gbinije didn’t play the entire second half against Dayton.
I said it then.
Gbinije gave us some offense in that game. He made mistake where his shot fell off on defense and Dayton got a 3 and JB sat him for Cooney who gave us nothing.
So yeah I did say it then.

Of course. Has to be Boeheim’s fault, right? It alway is with you.

Of course. Has to be Boeheim’s fault, right? It alway is with you.
LOL. You realize Gbinije scores 8 points in 22 minutes. Cooney scores 2 points in 25 minutes.
Gbinije made one mistake on defense with over 18 minutes left in the game and didn’t get back in.
We struggled to score.
I think the coach along with the players were poor that game.
However in your mind the HC never does a bad job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom