Carey needs to start | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Carey needs to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. You realize Gbinije scores 8 points in 22 minutes. Cooney scores 2 points in 25 minutes.
Gbinije made one mistake on defense with over 18 minutes left in the game and didn’t get back in.
We struggled to score.
I think the coach along with the players were poor that game.
However in your mind the HC never does a bad job.

Cooney was our best shooter. 12 ppg. He’s got to play. Be mad at him and Ennis. 0-9 from 3.

Gbinije made one mistake on defense with over 18 minutes left in the game and didn’t get back in.

Gbinje missed a 3 pointer with 1:24 left that would have tied the game at 49. Can’t blame JB for that.

Gbinje missed a 3 pointer with 1:24 left that would have tied the game at 49. Can’t blame JB for that.
Cooney played too many minutes that game.
I don’t really want to talk about that game anymore as we should have won it.
You just want to win these stupid arguments. Sorry I don’t think JB is god.
He is a great coach and his replacement won’t be as good as him but dealing with fans like you it’s pointless.

Well, he had the highest % and made the most 3’s IIRC. Who was a better shooter?
Read the post linked. Again I could do this all night but it’s pointless for the rest of the board so I am done.

Cooney played too many minutes that game.
I don’t really want to talk about that game anymore as we should have won it.
You just want to win these stupid arguments. Sorry I don’t think JB is god.
He is a great coach and his replacement won’t be as good as him but dealing with fans like you it’s pointless.

25 minutes is too much? According to whom? I’m not trying to win anything. I’m entitled to my opinion. If that angers you then skip my posts. I never said JB is God. You blame him for everything and it seeps into most of your posts. You keep saying dealing with fans like me is pointless. What does that mean? You can’t change my mind about JB? That’s ok.

Read the post linked. Again I could do this all night but it’s pointless for the rest of the board so I am done.

I mean, you can post links to theories all you want. Tell me who the best shooter on the team was, aside from Cooney. Facts don’t lie. 38% on the season. 90 3’s made. Who did better?

Don’t get mad. You knew how this was gonna go.

That’s the best I can do. I can’t be put on the spot like that.
53B6AC59-6C20-4C0F-89F3-81CCD51A5727.jpeg

I was asked if we’d be better off with Howard, and said I wasn’t sure. Right?

That's what I just said. You weren't sure and then said maybe. JMO but that's crazy.

Oh yeah, I'm on board. I was one of the guys reminding people who said Frank was going to be great LAST year that he only shot something like 22% the year before, and I think that was overall, and 16% from three.

Given that starting point, he was quite good last year, even though he only shot 32% from deep. He seemed to hit them at important times, and did look good at times running our slow-motion offense.

Still, THIS year, everybody expected Frank, Tyus and Brissett to all shoot 35-36%+, when all shot 32% last year, and I warned people that not everybody improves in a linear fashion from year to year. Unfortunately, two of those "Big Three" actually got worse from their modest shooting numbers from last year.

I think the effort to move Tyus to the point, at least part-time, is Boeheim's big roster move to try to save the season.

In the process, it might also kick-start Tyus' perception as to draftability. If he can seem adequate at the point as maybe a second unit guy, that helps his draft stock immensely. His shooting isn't quite the problem it would be if that was all he was. He didn't have the ability to see the court as well as he is right now, and Boeheim has clearly told him to attack the rim when he is running the team. Buddy is figuring out where the open spaces are when they double team Battle on the drive.

This is actually working as our best offense right now, with Hughes, Brissett and Marek in the front court - 2 slashers, 2 shooters and a glue guy on the offensive end.

I agree with everything you say here.

That's what I just said. You weren't sure and then said maybe. JMO but that's crazy.

Well, I can’t predict the future like you and I don’t pretend to know things that are impossible to know.

I thought the postseason was a crapshoot and complete luck(unless Izzo has 12 losses entering March and gets to the Elite 8 then it isn’t a crapshoot)

Well, I can’t predict the future like you and I don’t pretend to know things that are impossible to know.

Funny thing is I don't think you even believe the things you write here.

Funny thing is I don't think you even believe the things you write here.
You would think but with how hard his takes are I think he does believe the stuff he says.

You’re right we won a game that year in the NCAAT.

Sorry man but 25-0 doesn’t mean much when you go 3-6 and flameout. The offense was terrible as well. My overall point was when we had a “true pg” we didn’t have a better offense than we do now. And Ennis was a Too 25 player. He didn’t run either.
You know I’m a fan of you, Alpharetta, so I don’t want to harp. but the 3-6 record to end the season was due to several factors—we had a difficult end of season stretch including games at Duke and UVA. Moreover, I don’t know if you remember but Jerami Grant was out for several games with an injury at the end of the season and that definitely contributed to a couple more of the losses. We didn’t have the depth to absorb what he was giving us. The Dayton loss was disappointing but they were a very good defensive team and we didn’t match up well with them. We also shot the ball especially bad in that one. Like one of our worst shooting performances all season.

LOL. You realize Gbinije scores 8 points in 22 minutes. Cooney scores 2 points in 25 minutes.
We struggled to score.
I think the coach along with the players were poor that game.
However in your mind the HC never does a bad job.
I remember this, too, and I thought the same thing. But sometimes hindsight is 20/20. JB probably believed that Cooney would eventually hit a few 3s and put us over the edge. Law of averages and all.

Right, we won 3 in a row and nearly a 4th. I didn’t say least year’s offense was good. But it was better than the one Ennis led, which is the point you keep missing.
It wasn’t though. Not even close. The efficiency stats across the board say otherwise. 2013-14 was a much more efficient offense in all facets than last year. Though we admittedly got better on offense at the end of the 2017-18 season and in the tourney.

this thread was bad from the jump, but its gone so far off the rails that it's fascinating in a car-crash sort of way

this thread was bad from the jump, but its gone so far off the rails that it's fascinating in a car-crash sort of way
If you are familiar with the phrase “owning the Libs” or “ owning the conservatives” a certain poster wants to do that and I can’t contain myself when I should just let it go.
You and I disagree on stuff but I never feel you want to “own” the argument and can agree to disagree with people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom