Carey / Washington / Howard update... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Carey / Washington / Howard update...

Is this a bad sign that we have a player’s parent weighing in on injury status and availability to play? Good thing he’s saying available, hope he believes it.

Is this a bad sign that we have a player’s parent weighing in on injury status and availability to play? Good thing he’s saying available, hope he believes it.
um...

I get what you're asking, but I see this as a non-issue for now.

This is awesome! Still no true pg but it will be great to have another ball handler and see Jalen in a real game. We still haven’t seen our full team but I’m not too worried with Jalen back, at least at this point. Hopefully we’ll get Frank and Howa soon.

I get the feeling that some of these injuries are more serious than we thought.

not if zags called him

SU will grow from these injuries and to be honest, it might even help Battles overall game playing point for a few games just to see a different aspect of the game. As some have said earlier, I just want the PG's to heal correctly and soundly so these injuries do not hamper them for the rest of the season. It is possible this might cost SU a higher seed in the tournament but will forge the steel needed for a big run at the end. So...in the big picture if this is done right, it may be a blessing in disguise.

Same thing happened with Etan Thomas, either his junior or senior year. An injury caused him to miss a handful of games at the beginning of the year, and the team learned to play bigger without him. Made for a better team. That 2000 team, his senior year, should have beaten Michigan State, and could have been a contender. That was a hell of a team.

If Carey cant go tonight, Tyus is more than capable of running the point for us this game. Hopefully we get these guys back by UConn..

If Carey cant go tonight, Tyus is more than capable of running the point for us this game. Hopefully we get these guys back by UConn..

It was just posted that Carey's dad says Jalen is going to be able to play tonight.

It was just posted that Carey's dad says Jalen is going to be able to play tonight.

Even better! Ready to see these young guys tear it up tonight!

I would normally say yes but not with John Carey. I feel like he is similar to Gary Battle. Very involved in his kids life and basketball journey but not difficult or the type of person to create problems at all. A benefit to the program not someone who makes life more difficult.

Hoping Carey is feeling close to 100%...cant wait to watch this kid! Hes a real game changer.

I'd let Tyus handle the 1 spot tonight honestly with the intention of reversing this and turning the job over to Jalen for Morehead. Both will work together and share ball handling duties but it would be good to give each a game as the 'guy' at the 1. Spot minutes for Washington.

They are going to be without one of their top 25 recruits Louis King next week. (Probably around 95% he won't be ready that soon.)

IIRC, he went to HS with Frank, didn't he?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom