Class of 2014 - Carlin Clark DE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Carlin Clark DE

Why not take a flier? If the injury is too bad he can be granted a medical hardship. Kid stays at the school with tuition paid for and his spot gets opened up following the hardship. Saban does this all the time, and sometimes the kids aren't as incapacitated as old nick would have you believe.

great technique on fighting off the blockers... he keeps his body from being tied up by some of the tackles who look much bigger than him.

one of the best films for a defensive end I have seen come across this board. I don't see linebacker here as he might be lacking just enough speed for a Shafer defense.

He is worth taking a flyer on knee injury or not, under rated for sure.

Let's get him. If he's on Twitter, get Ziggy and AJ after him too!

great technique on fighting off the blockers... he keeps his body from being tied up by some of the tackles who look much bigger than him.

one of the best films for a defensive end I have seen come across this board. I don't see linebacker here as he might be lacking just enough speed for a Shafer defense.

He is worth taking a flyer on knee injury or not, under rated for sure.

I noticed the same things. In general, high schoolers who are going to a BCS school tend to use their athleticism or bull rush since they are so much better than their competition. I noticed he seems to have pretty good technique and timing with the few stunts I saw. Was really impressed with his hands though. Kept the OT off him so he could slide off quick when needed. Like I said before, very good to see from a high schooler.

I noticed the same things. In general, high schoolers who are going to a BCS school tend to use their athleticism or bull rush since they are so much better than their competition. I noticed he seems to have pretty good technique and timing with the few stunts I saw. Was really impressed with his hands though. Kept the OT off him so he could slide off quick when needed. Like I said before, very good to see from a high schooler.
He's got good hands and was quick but I didn't really see any moves from him (rips, swim, dip shoulder, etc.). You don't see many high schoolers doing moves, but that was just something that crossed my mind a bit while watching the highlights.

I hope we take this kid. I'm totally shocked he doesn't have far more offers

keanue-reeves-mind-blown.jpg

This kid looks legit. I'm sure he will get healed up and then go beast mode in Orange...

Guess that answers the age old question...yes, recruits read these boards.

It's a good thing in this case because anyone that pays attention is in agreement that he's a big time player and want him at Syracuse.

Could be the next Chan Jones or maybe more? He is the type of DE that would be perfect for our defense and give us something we'd missed this past season.

It's a good thing in this case because anyone that pays attention is in agreement that he's a big time player and want him at Syracuse.

Could be the next Chan Jones or maybe more? He is the type of DE that would be perfect for our defense and give us something we'd missed this past season.
With the pressure our LBs are able to get on the QB, a dynamic pass rusher off the edge would have a field day.

Guess that answers the age old question...yes, recruits read these boards.

I always figured if they didn't, some of their family members would to try and see what might be a good place for their kids to play.

Syracuse*

Carlin, just curious, have you come up with a timeline of when you want to make your final decision? I have always been curious what goes through a recruits mind when trying to decide when to make a decision...

Come join the orange! Great coaching staff that the kids just love. They work you're butt off but it will make you a better player and person! The future looks very bright here. We need Florida kids like you to beat the clemsons and Florida states of the world

And BTW MCL tear isn't a serious injury.

Freeney.....Jones.....Clark. I like that progression!

Syracuse*
Good luck on the recovery Carlin, We would all love to see you in Orange. We've seen your tape and honestly with the strength and conditioning program run by coach Hicks which has been putting DLinemen NFL for years and Coach Schafer's aggressive D you could be a real beast here. Take a visit up here and join the Orange family you wont be disappointed.