Carly Simon joins Taylor Swift @ Foxboro for "You're So Vain" | Syracusefan.com

Carly Simon joins Taylor Swift @ Foxboro for "You're So Vain"

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan

What's ironic is that Swift is named for Carly's ex James Taylor.

Who was this song written about?

This was performed Saturday night.

Here Swift talks about being named after James Taylor in a concert from 2011 at MSG

My daughter was at the Foxboro show. She said she was one of few around her who was familiar with either Carly or the song. :(

At least I taught her well.

Rumor back in the day was it was written about Warren Beatty...I think she denies that?

Rumor back in the day was it was written about Warren Beatty...I think she denies that?
I heard it was Jagger, whi then wrote Star Star, which was originally Star F@#kr.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I heard it was Jagger, whi then wrote Star Star, which was originally Star F@#kr.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2
Heard it was Jagger too, but she said it wasn't. In fact, he sings backup vocals on that song. If you listen closely, you can hear that distinctive voice.

Here Swift talks about being named after James Taylor in a concert from 2011 at MSG
T. Swift also played at Tanglewood with JT either last year or the year before. I've seen Carly Simon in concert. She doesn't do a lot of live shows but she's the real deal.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

My daughter was at the Foxboro show. She said she was one of few around her who was familiar with either Carly or the song. :(

At least I taught her well.
If they played Anticipation they would at least know it as the ketchup song.

Thanks OE, good find. Sometimes I get bugged at the posers today doing outright ripoffs of old standards (Madonna doing American Pie made me want to vomit), but this didn't feel like that. There seemed to be real mutual respect, and it was fun to watch. They did a bang-up job with a great classic.

T. Swift also played at Tanglewood with JT either last year or the year before. I've seen Carly Simon in concert. She doesn't do a lot of live shows but she's the real deal.

It was after as she states in the beginning of this video.

Thanks OE, good find. Sometimes I get bugged at the posers today doing outright ripoffs of old standards (Madonna doing American Pie made me want to vomit), but this didn't feel like that. There seemed to be real mutual respect, and it was fun to watch. They did a bang-up job with a great classic.
Many of Carly Simon themes were much like Taylor's regarding relationships.

Another thing about Swift is that she totally gets it as a performer. She treats her audience like gold and respects the fact her music is having an influence on young lives. Taylor is very particular about the verses in her songs. Back stage before her concerts she has large groups of fans in for meet and greets where she treats everyone with respect. Just watch the reactions she gets from her adoring following and you'll she she is reaping what she sows.