Carrier Dome ranked 9th of 14 in ACC for football | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Carrier Dome ranked 9th of 14 in ACC for football

When su gets really good again, I'll match decibel levels with Death Valley. People have simply forgotten how absolutely incredibly loud the Dome gets when it's full. We will experience that again.
Yep !

Just realized that we are below Pittsburgh. Really? Wow SU has some work to do.

Just realized that we are below Pittsburgh. Really? Wow SU has some work to do.
guaranteed they're ranking it based on the pro atmosphere and not the college one because that stadium is silent for Pitt football.

guaranteed they're ranking it based on the pro atmosphere and not the college one because that stadium is silent for Pitt football.

Completely agree - that place is awful. I'm sure it's difficult because the Oakland area is so compact and hilly, but Pitt belongs in a 50K seat on-campus stadium, similar to what Minnesota did when they left the Metrodome.

And those yellow seats are just so unforgiving.

Completely agree - that place is awful. I'm sure it's difficult because the Oakland area is so compact and hilly, but Pitt belongs in a 50K seat on-campus stadium, similar to what Minnesota did when they left the Metrodome.

And those yellow seats are just so unforgiving.

I was at the old on-campus Pitt Stadium for the '93 SU-Pitt game and it was half-empty.

I get the sense that Pitt just doesn't draw unless they're really, really good. Or ND is in town.

One of the best experiences was in 87 when Owens ran the 2 point conversion in right in front of my seats. I don't think you could get much louder then that.

But it was loud like that almost every Saturday for the first 20 years. Hopefully we can start re-making memories because our home atmosphere when the place is full doesn't get any better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom