Carrier Dome to host ACC lax tourney in 2020 | Syracusefan.com

Carrier Dome to host ACC lax tourney in 2020

shandeezy7

Living Legend
Syracuse's Carrier Dome slotted into rotation of hosts for ACC lacrosse tournament

So...we didn't submit a bid to host the NCAA Tournament in the Dome (which most likely would have been in 2020), but we will be hosting the ACC Lax Tournament in 2020. That's a full month and a half after the NCAA basketball tournament games would have been, even though Wildhack said in that interview today that we didn't bid for the NCAA Tournament because we want Dome renovation work to start immediately after basketball season. Am I missing something here? I suppose the tournament could easily be moved if needed.:noidea:

Yes to your last question. No to a NCAA BB tourney regional or opening round

You're missing the part where these assignments are tentative and could be altered based on the year-by-year hosting capabilities of the designated school.

Yes to your last question. No to a NCAA BB tourney regional or opening round

Yes I know that. Just wondering why we didn't bid on the NCAA tournament when we will now be hosting the ACC lax tourney that same year. I'm guessing that it's because it'd be a lot easier logistically to move the ACC lax tourney somewhere versus having to move the NCAA tournament elsewhere. Still just strange to see this on the same day as the Wildhack interview.

You're reading too much into it...easy to switch a ACC Lax tourney on several months notice. I'm sure the ACC realizes the Dome could be unavailable.

Yes I know that. Just wondering why we didn't bid on the NCAA tournament when we will now be hosting the ACC lax tourney that same year. I'm guessing that it's because it'd be a lot easier logistically to move the ACC lax tourney somewhere versus having to move the NCAA tournament elsewhere. Still just strange to see this on the same day as the Wildhack interview.

Add a set of bleachers to the back side of the Soccer Stadium, and it'll be passable.

Don't know how much media they can handle, though.

You're reading too much into it...easy to switch a ACC Lax tourney on several months notice. I'm sure the ACC realizes the Dome could be unavailable.

Yeah you're probably right

I think the schools just put themselves into the rotation and if they can't handle it moves on. I believe the X-Country team is due to host soon and doesn't have a course that fits the requirements.

Syracuse's Carrier Dome slotted into rotation of hosts for ACC lacrosse tournament

So...we didn't submit a bid to host the NCAA Tournament in the Dome (which most likely would have been in 2020), but we will be hosting the ACC Lax Tournament in 2020. That's a full month and a half after the NCAA basketball tournament games would have been, even though Wildhack said in that interview today that we didn't bid for the NCAA Tournament because we want Dome renovation work to start immediately after basketball season. Am I missing something here? I suppose the tournament could easily be moved if needed.:noidea:
It wasn't just the Dome renovation. It is the whole campus being reimagined, which would be affected by a requirement to handle multiple crowds over 20K.

The ACC lax tournament has had attendance of 3K or less the last couple of years. If SU hosts it, the crowds will of course be significantly larger but I don't think they will approach 20-25K.

OX makes a good point about it being a lot easier to move the ACC lax tournament in the event of a conflict as well...

This was posted on the MLax board yesterday. It's still tentative and hasn't been made official by Greensboro yet. A bunch of changes could occur between yesterday and the official announcement, probably at the ACC meetings the week of the 15th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom