Casey Powell's 18 year record falls | Syracusefan.com

Casey Powell's 18 year record falls

For those who witnessed it what was Casey's competition like vs. Zed's?

Very similar. I think that Carthage was "under the radar" until Jason Coffmans senior year (cp's sophomore year). Prior to that I think a lot of traditionalists thought the we're a novelty from the north country.

Silver Creek is no slouch. They played Pen Yan even (14-13) and he was 4-1 in that game. I didn’t realize he was Native American. Article mentions he’s playing for both the 6 Nations Junior team as well as the Iroquois Nationals this summer.

He’s a MUST get for Desko. Hands down.

Silver Creek is no slouch. They played Pen Yan even (14-13) and he was 4-1 in that game. I didn’t realize he was Native American. Article mentions he’s playing for both the 6 Nations Junior team as well as the Iroquois Nationals this summer.

He’s a MUST get for Desko. Hands down.

This.

Well, he does have to qualify. But, if that is not an issue, then not getting Zed would constitute a major recruiting failure.

Gotta get this kid. Let's hope the Thompsons don't draw him to Albany.

I wouldnt get my hopes up on this kid, qualifying will be a major issue and will likely be OCC bound or skip college all together.

I wouldnt get my hopes up on this kid, qualifying will be a major issue and will likely be OCC bound or skip college all together.
The article says he needs 100 points on the SAT. Somebody fund him an SAT review course. Pretty much guarantees 100+ point increase.

The article says he needs 100 points on the SAT. Somebody fund him an SAT review course. Pretty much guarantees 100+ point increase.
I can do that for him in a week. I used to teach for the Princeton Review. I helped two local D1 basketball players get their qualifying SAT scores.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Reread the article, it say he could score a hundred more point next year. Nothing about his scores on SAT, just that he took the exam yesterday. I hope he qualifies because SU has a solid connection w Six Nations and that has to give them a good in on Zed.

Its strange as Zed wont play for the Iroquois at the U19 World Games in Finland but Zach will?

Woody, I agree. Not sure what surprised me more:
1. Zed not on roster
2. Zach on roster
3. Johnny Powless on roster, just assumed pros would not play in U19.

Good luck to your boys. Are we going to get some first hand reports?

If youre under 19 youre in regardless, it will be good to watch this kid play!!! I hear he's a fenom!

At the end of the day Staats & Lyle Thompson played in the last one at 15 years old and to tell you the truth other than Cathers and Myles T they where the best players on the team!

Ill be in Finland to watch my boy play for Eng U19 and am not part of the coaching staff, ill try and post on here everyday if you want as ill be in Finland and at £10 a pint ($17 a beer) I should have some time on my hands!

Oh and my son may be going to OCC next year!

If you have time while in finland some updates would be great. Good luck to Jake and his crew. Cool news about the prospect of him heading to OCC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom