Cause for Concern | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cause for Concern

I thought we could still get 8, maybe even 9. Not any longer. Something just seems off with this team . Hopefully the bye week helps a great season is still achievable .

Agree something is "off" and its concerning....we know we have several weaknesses but this team is underperforming in a lot of areas

Im sorry but if we cant beat schools like Holy Cross badly with some back ups we have "issues"

Im not buying that excuse
Annnnnd again. WMU

Will those three players magically allow us to run the ball?
Hopefully, Heckel's return will have a Cascade effect on the OL, which by the transitive property...

Hopefully this is the final straw for the staff to make changes in anyway possible if there is any to make . Sometimes you have to be forced to make change
I agree with you 100%. This staff for some reason is very slow in making changes that other staffs at other schools would have done three games ago. It should be painfully obvious that the current offensive line configuration is never going to work. For Holy Cross to have put any pressure on the quarterback yesterday should have sent enough red flags up, and if that wasn't enough, no push against a team that would have trouble stopping the run against a good high school team. The lack of seeing any other viable options at the wide receiver corps, a group that really only has one player performing to his ability. All Spring and Fall camps, we heard about Queeley and C. Jackson. Where are they???????? You have players on that team with size and speed but they don't see the field. In my humble opinion, this staff has allowed too much of a comfort zone for players not performing up to expectations to remain playing and continuing to under perform with no consequences. It's way past the time to open it up again and lets see if you got anybody else who can help this team win. Yesterday was ugly. I know a win is a win but against the rest of the schedule, unless things drastically change, you may be looking at a 3-9, 4-8 season. They had better hit the reboot button during this bye week or the Thursday night game in NC will not be pretty. Here's to hoping.

I agree with you 100%. This staff for some reason is very slow in making changes that other staffs at other schools would have done three games ago. It should be painfully obvious that the current offensive line configuration is never going to work. For Holy Cross to have put any pressure on the quarterback yesterday should have sent enough red flags up, and if that wasn't enough, no push against a team that would have trouble stopping the run against a good high school team. The lack of seeing any other viable options at the wide receiver corps, a group that really only has one player performing to his ability. All Spring and Fall camps, we heard about Queeley and C. Jackson. Where are they???????? You have players on that team with size and speed but they don't see the field. In my humble opinion, this staff has allowed too much of a comfort zone for players not performing up to expectations to remain playing and continuing to under perform with no consequences. It's way past the time to open it up again and lets see if you got anybody else who can help this team win. Yesterday was ugly. I know a win is a win but against the rest of the schedule, unless things drastically change, you may be looking at a 3-9, 4-8 season. They had better hit the reboot button during this bye week or the Thursday night game in NC will not be pretty. Here's to hoping.
Coming from you a real positive TEAM poster says a lot ! Taj showed some stuff yesterday!
I’m a HUGE Luke benson guy hope he gets more time . Again I’m most concerned with the run game they should have had to bring walk up the safety’s for help and instead they played back taking away the deep shots

Hopefully this is the final straw for the staff to make changes in anyway possible if there is any to make . Sometimes you have to be forced to make change
One thing I have seen Dino do is give his guys a shot and makes changes. Think about Devin butler WR last year. Gave him his shot then moved onto a true freshman and made the right call in Taj Harris. Let’s hope Dino uses the bye week to filter in people who are hungry to play and make a difference.

the concerning thing about the run game is the interior of the line is experienced. They should be able to get it done by this point but they aren’t. Also, and I’ve been saying this for a while now, the offensive scheme is uninspired and lacks innovation in 2019. They should have seen every team in the country running and preparing against tempo and done things to stay ahead.

the concerning thing about the run game is the interior of the line is experienced. They should be able to get it done by this point but they aren’t. Also, and I’ve been saying this for a while now, the offensive scheme is uninspired and lacks innovation in 2019. They should have seen every team in the country running and preparing against tempo and done things to stay ahead.
Last week staff did a great job . This week I think they would only offer a vanilla cone and they would be forced to eat it , but ...

The most concerning thing for me today was the lack of a run game vs a team that couldn’t stop the run .

No doubt! Posted right after the game in the "are we good" thread that for me, the most alarming take away was when the analyst stated late 3Q that Holy Cross on average is giving up 289 rushing yards/game this season and at that point in the game we had a measly 89 yards. Ugh! :(

Servais lost all that weight to play tackle and I think he's got no push at C because of it. Heckel is probably more important than McKinley in terms of guys we need back.

Even with all the lost weight, Servais is still heavier than everybody on the Holy Cross DL except for one guy.

Thought I’d bring a positive to the table.

Very undermentioned how improved Jackson Jackson has been picking out blocks to Give Harris some extra room to make plays. He’s not Butler but he’s improving.

Sean and NJ gotta bring more to the table. Love them both but they couldnt do much at all vs a poor HC team.

It’s mindboggling to me that the line is bad at both run and pass blocking. Usually a line can do one adequately. Any movement on the DL seems to totally confuse them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom