Cavanaugh to Wake | Syracusefan.com

Cavanaugh to Wake

Cuseman78

All Conference
Tyler Cavanaugh committed to Wake Forest today following his official visit per Albany City Rocks director Jim Hart

Tyler Cavanaugh committed to Wake Forest today following his official visit per Albany City Rocks director Jim Hart
WOW. Did not see that coming.

i have a feeling i will be wishing many defeats for J-D this year.

his choice, lets hope its the right one for him. wish the kid only but the best, sounds like a good kid

That's whacked. However, we do know that the Melo led Nugs did not shine under Bzdelik and once Karl took over, that did started doing well. Maybe they didn't want to learn how to put their socks on and tie their shoes properly.

Kid always wanted to play in the ACC from what I heard . . . oh wait . . .

we'll still be seeing him at dome in some form

Actually a very good choice on his part and we wish him all the best at Wake and look forward to seeing him at the Dome. At SU he would be sitting and grabbing pt as it came. Wake is a rebuilding program w/ more pt opportunity. Good academic school in a very nice area. More interesting to me is what happened at ND. Were there too many questions?

More than likely a reach, but does he know something in regards to DC's recruitment? So much for wanting to play together...

More than likely a reach, but does he know something in regards to DC's recruitment? So much for wanting to play together...
That really would have been a reach anyway. The only way they may have "played" together would have been at SU. Who would Tyler have unseated for pt? CJ? Xmas? Southie? BMK? ... DC2 would have played and Tyler would have sat. And DC2 probably has dreams of being a one-and-done ... better suited for Kentucky or OSU. If not Wake Tyler would have been better off at ND... again is the question of the BE so up in the air that Wake and the ACC are a better option.

He wouldn't have unseated anybody, but hometown team with a kid you played with in high school... Definitely a reach to assume he knows something, but who knows.

I was pretty surprised to wake up and see this on the board although it just goes to illustrate that you can rarely tell where a kid is going to end up. As a fan, I tend to project how each kid would fit into the Syracuse program and look at things in terms of how they would mature as a player and how they would develop under our weight and conditioning program, etc etc. The truth of the matter is that kids all have different motivations as to which things are important when making their college choice. For Tyler, as much as it is tempting to project a college basketball career trajectory which is akin to Andy Rautins, it now seems clear that by going to Wake he will have the opportunity to be a key player in their program rather than fighting for a place to fit in at Syracuse. For every kid that decides not to play on the Hill, there is another opportunity to get another kid who would relish the opportunity to lace them up for the Orange. I remember the disappointment in one kid who decided to go elsewhere and that scholie was filled in with Hak. At the end of the day I trust that the program is in great hands and that the kids we need to get to sustain the program will show up. It will be fun to watch Tyler Cavanaugh when we play them 3 years from now and I hope he has a great career at Wake.

Great school. Great place to play.

Looking forward to seeing him play the Orange in ACC competition.

Good luck TC!

I was pretty surprised to wake up and see this on the board although it just goes to illustrate that you can rarely tell where a kid is going to end up. As a fan, I tend to project how each kid would fit into the Syracuse program and look at things in terms of how they would mature as a player and how they would develop under our weight and conditioning program, etc etc. The truth of the matter is that kids all have different motivations as to which things are important when making their college choice. For Tyler, as much as it is tempting to project a college basketball career trajectory which is akin to Andy Rautins, it now seems clear that by going to Wake he will have the opportunity to be a key player in their program rather than fighting for a place to fit in at Syracuse. For every kid that decides not to play on the Hill, there is another opportunity to get another kid who would relish the opportunity to lace them up for the Orange. I remember the disappointment in one kid who decided to go elsewhere and that scholie was filled in with Hak. At the end of the day I trust that the program is in great hands and that the kids we need to get to sustain the program will show up. It will be fun to watch Tyler Cavanaugh when we play them 3 years from now and I hope he has a great career at Wake.
Andy didn't have the choices that Tyler had. While we all beleive that SU is a step up from ND and Wake, its not a huge step. If memory serves, Andy was looking at some Canisuis type level schools.

You have to believe that PT was a factor here.

Good for him. Good academic school. He'll get a real chance to play there. He would have been buried on the bench at SU.

I thought it might be Notre Dame, especially since Brey redshirts a lot of his kids to give them extra year to learn the system and physically mature, which really would have helped Tyler. Hey, best of luck to him. You want to see local kids do well, and Wake is certainly a very solid school.

A Wake fan here. Welcome to the ACC.

I wish our board had posters as mature as you guys when someone signs somewhere else.

At ND, I think it was a combination of signing Zach Auguste and us having an open slot at PF.

I sure hope he grows 2" in college like his dad did.

A Wake fan here. Welcome to the ACC.

I wish our board had posters as mature as you guys when someone signs somewhere else.

At ND, I think it was a combination of signing Zach Auguste and us having an open slot at PF.

I sure hope he grows 2" in college like his dad did.

Ha - come back if DaJuan Coleman signs with Kentucky and see if you can say that with a straight face.

Well, will you match Worldwide Wes' "favors"?

We'll share your sorrow if Coleman goes to O$U. We're still smarting about losing Oden, Conley and Cook to them.

We just hope UConnsteal&Cheat doesn't get into the ACC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom