CB Cam Jonas transferring to Florida A&M | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

CB Cam Jonas transferring to Florida A&M

Funny you mention him. A ND alum, hockey parent from my son's team said he heard Iffy was going to be entering the portal. I told him he was crazy. Hope I'm right so my son doesn't have to quit the team because of his father's shame.

Are you saying this guy’s best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from a guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Iffy at 31 Flavors?

Funny you mention him. A ND alum, hockey parent from my son's team said he heard Iffy was going to be entering the portal. I told him he was crazy. Hope I'm right so my son doesn't have to quit the team because of his father's shame.
Wouldn't he try to leave early for the NFL if he was doing anything?

Not sure it’d make sense for Iffy to transfer. He returns next year already established at Cuse as arguably the top corner in the ACC and following in Cisco’s turnover footsteps after Cisco gets taken in the 2nd or 3rd. I stick by that.

"sources"

He had offers from SEC and ACC schools. I figured he would do great things here. You guys are probably right though on the change of schemes and tweener. I hope he finds a really good school to Play for.

FAMU will be good for him. I wish him sucess there

Happy he found a program where he is likely to become a starter and get a lot of playing time. Sorry things did not work out for him here. One would think with so many DBs leaving, he would have a great chance to start next season but when we lost so many guys this year, one would think he would have played a lot.

At some point, I think the staff decided he was not a fit for our scheme. I hope he does well for A&M.

Man FCS? Wow. Why leave, you were getting PT. Did he flunk out, falling out with coaches? This is a weird transfer, he could certainly have hooked on with FIU or FAU.

Probably wanted to play more and be closer to home.
Plus maybe the factor of playing at a HBCU in the current climate? It’s also a good school academically as well

Probably wanted to play more and be closer to home.

maybe but Tallahassee is over a 6 hour drive to South Florida. There are D1 schools even closer that he could no doubt have played for.

maybe but Tallahassee is over a 6 hour drive to South Florida. There are D1 schools even closer that he could no doubt have played for.
No doubt, Im just saying he could have gone to any FCS or FBS school outside of Florida.

Everyone is different in what they are looking for and where they feel they will fit.

Hope it works out for him.

Seems like a prime example that recruiting isn't an exact science. His offer list out of HS was a bit of a who's who of college football. Georgia, Auburn, FSU, Miami, Wisconsin, VT.

Nadarius Fagan, another southern Florida guy, ended up transferring to FAMU and is still on the roster there

If you like college marching bands, the Marching 100 is hard to beat. Gotta be a great atmosphere for their games.
Ive never experienced it myself but Ive heard stories about the marching bands there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom