Class of 2025 - CB Dawayne Galloway (OH) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 CB Dawayne Galloway (OH) Offered

Doesn’t put Ohio state in top 12 and they get a visit. Recruiting is cray
Essentially every list thing means nothing. OSU saw that and called a bag man and then called this player, I can almost guarantee that was a big pitch

Doesn’t put Ohio state in top 12 and they get a visit. Recruiting is cray
OSU wasn't listed in his top 12 because he didn't have an offer from them correct? Makes sense. Sounds like they are still recruiting him though. If they offer there is likely very little chance we snag him as that is the high profile hometown team.

OSU wasn't listed in his top 12 because he didn't have an offer from them correct? Makes sense. Sounds like they are still recruiting him though. If they offer there is likely very little chance we snag him as that is the high profile hometown team.
I think we are in a good spot for now.

If Ohio State decides for whatever reason that now he is worthy of their scholarship, then all bets are off and the door will close on this one.

I think we are in a good spot for now.

If Ohio State decides for whatever reason that now he is worthy of their scholarship, then all bets are off and the door will close on this one.
I love some of you who has no faith in HCFB and staff to keep high interest here. Who were the top recruiters who brought in top 100 recruits consistently? Let me remind you. Fran Brown & E. Robinson .
GO ORANGE

I love some of you who has no faith in HCFB and staff to keep high interest here. Who were the top recruiters who brought in top 100 recruits consistently? Let me remind you. Fran Brown & E. Robinson .
GO ORANGE
It has nothing to do with faith in Fran Brown's ability to recruit. I would expect a very low success rate for Fl State or Clemson to win out over OSU for a Columbus kid against OSU as well.

The one thing that could possibly give us an advantage was if he was running with a bad group of friends and his parents wanted him going to school further away or something. Or maybe the kid is just more concerned about seeing the field and thinks he will have a little less competition to deal with. These things could happen but all in all if OSU offers we are a much less likely landing spot. Not saying we back off from recruiting him or anything though. OSU may not even offer as well.

It has nothing to do with faith in Fran Brown's ability to recruit. I would expect a very low success rate for Fl State or Clemson to win out over OSU for a Columbus kid against OSU as well.

The one thing that could possibly give us an advantage was if he was running with a bad group of friends and his parents wanted him going to school further away or something. Or maybe the kid is just more concerned about seeing the field and thinks he will have a little less competition to deal with. These things could happen but all in all if OSU offers we are a much less likely landing spot. Not saying we back off from recruiting him or anything though. OSU may not even offer as well.
2 things in our favor - #1 DB coach in the country that he has an established relationship with and #2 - 3 of the top recruiters in the country in Fran/ERob/Nick that have a strong ability to connect with recruits.

A recruit like this wouldn't even have visited under Dino. But I agree in general, even with our firepower now on the recruiting trail a 20%-30% win rate against OSU for Ohio recruits they want is probably the measure of being successful.

Galloway and Rinehart OV the same weekend:

52Vv.gif

Yeah I don't think him or Rinehart are coming here.
Would have been a nice pickup but I feel Fran and staff are getting really good players to commit.

Let’s get the two of them on campus and then take our chances. We’ve been surprised before. We have some big time players here who have been around. Let them tell them what they can expect.

Crystal ball to Michigan.
"Allen Trieu, a recruiting expert for 247 Sports, put in a crystal ball projection for Galloway to wind up with Michigan football. The analyst said his visit later this month would be key. It will be a chance for Lamar Morgan, the new secondary coach to get to know him."

Morgan just started at Michigan a month ago, so Galloway doesn't really know him. Kind of an odd crystal ball. I guess we'll see.

"Allen Trieu, a recruiting expert for 247 Sports, put in a crystal ball projection for Galloway to wind up with Michigan football. The analyst said his visit later this month would be key. It will be a chance for Lamar Morgan, the new secondary coach to get to know him."

Morgan just started at Michigan a month ago, so Galloway doesn't really know him. Kind of an odd crystal ball. I guess we'll see.
Your point well taking. So this analysis expert gives crystal ball to Mich. To a
coach that's been there a month and recruit doesn't know or met versus the #1 recruiter, HC and DB position guru, who the recruit says Fran is the best, @SU. OK right !!! I wouldn't bet on that expert.

Trieu knows his stuff and isn’t some idiot homer like Dohn, but we will see
Yeah Trieu seems pretty fair and unbiased. Certainly can be wrong like anyone and with recruiting winds can shift quick. I will say that if Galloway does come visit us again that we have a good shot. Also need to remember in the world of portal you play the future game as well. Fran and staff getting tight with Galloway could result in a transfer later also.

Yeah Trieu seems pretty fair and unbiased. Certainly can be wrong like anyone and with recruiting winds can shift quick. I will say that if Galloway does come visit us again that we have a good shot. Also need to remember in the world of portal you play the future game as well. Fran and staff getting tight with Galloway could result in a transfer later also.
Well June 12-14 is his OV here. We will see..