Class of 2023 - CB Dezz Ricks (FL) Portal From Alabama to Texas A&M | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 CB Dezz Ricks (FL) Portal From Alabama to Texas A&M

Symphony Steve

All American
Since he was offered by both Georgia and Texas A & M while in high school, I'm sure our coaches are well aware of him. I think he could well end up staying at 'Bama once he talks to the new HC.

But, for now, he's in the portal, and they don't come much more highly-rated than this guy:

Since he was offered by both Georgia and Texas A & M while in high school, I'm sure our coaches are well aware of him. I think he could well end up staying at 'Bama once he talks to the new HC.

But, for now, he's in the portal, and they don't come much more highly-rated than this guy:

DEZZ RICKS IN PORTAL FROM ALABAMA, IMG ACADEMY, BRADENTON, FL
#4 6'1" 182/ 5 STAR*****

Alabama freshman cornerback Dezz Ricks plans to enter the NCAA transfer portal, he announced on Saturday.

Ricks, a 5-star recruit in the Crimson Tide’s 2023 signing class out of IMG Academy, played in two games while redshirting as a true freshman this past season. The Norfolk, Va., native — who has four years of eligibility remaining — announced his decision via a post on his Instagram account with the caption “Bama nation thank you”:

Dezz Ricks

Ricks entering the portal comes on the same day that Alabama was set to introduce new head coach Kalen DeBoer, but also on the same day that Crimson Tide cornerbacks coach Travaris Robinson left to take a job at Georgia. Robinson was not only Ricks’ position coach, but one of the top recruiters on Nick Saban’s Alabama staff.

Ricks’ move also comes a day after star receiver Isaiah Bond entered the transfer portal. Because of Saban’s sudden retirement on Wednesday, the portal re-opened only for Alabama players for 30 days.

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

UNFORTUNATELY THE ONLY FILM AVAILABLE IS A TEAM SCRIMMAGE AT IMG - NO HITTING JUST RUNNING THROUGH PLAYS.

I don't know if anyone has ever said this to you but you ruin everything, you know that!
The funny things is that I agree with Bnoro's post but there is a small part of the brain that makes one think, MAYBE? That is even kind of crazy. Now if the kid was from NJ, I would be asking what number he is going to wear

It was never going to be SU lol. I love Fran and what he's done but this board is getting a little delusional.
Who said it ever was going to be SU? This whole thread is about "since he is in the portal, I wonder if we have interest and the kid does too?" which I don't think is delusional, since we've actually been involved and landed some of these types in the last 6 weeks.

I understand people are getting delusional in some regards, but asking if we're interested and/or involved, and how much a recruit like this would mean in a position of need isn't necessarily delusional. It's being a fan.

I don't see much in this thread that is delusional, to be honest.

It was never going to be SU lol. I love Fran and what he's done but this board is getting a little delusional.
If you were told that we were going to go after some of the recruits we got signed and committed when Fran Brown got here, you would have said we were delusional, "boom", look what happened. I like being delusional at times.lol

Who said it ever was going to be SU? This whole thread is about "since he is in the portal, I wonder if we have interest and the kid does too?" which I don't think is delusional, since we've actually been involved and landed some of these types in the last 6 weeks.

I understand people are getting delusional in some regards, but asking if we're interested and/or involved, and how much a recruit like this would mean in a position of need isn't necessarily delusional. It's being a fan.

I don't see much in this thread that is delusional, to be honest.
We don't need to start a thread about every player in the portal. If we did, there would be 2,000 threads to sort through in this forum.

Unless a guy has an interest in SU, or some sort of past connection, there's no need to start a thread. Especially when it's a 5 star kid from Bama that is most likely going to another top 5 school in the south.

We don't need to start a thread about every player in the portal. If we did, there would be 2,000 threads to sort through in this forum.

Unless a guy has an interest in SU, or some sort of past connection, there's no need to start a thread. Especially when it's a 5 star kid from Bama that is most likely going to another top 5 school in the south.
Ignore the thread then. Can we let fans be fans? Or let's start a "wonder if he's going to be interested?" thread, then transition them to a real thread if/when there's interest.

Ignore the thread then. Can we let fans be fans? Or let's start a "wonder if he's going to be interested?" thread, then transition them to a real thread if/when there's interest.
Perfectly said SUFan44

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom