Class of 2017 - CB Ifeatu Melifonwu (MA) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 CB Ifeatu Melifonwu (MA) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Hard to run the ball at 6'3 but it can happen. I think he would be a Wr if they played him on offense. He looks like a prototype DB though. Good to have options. We will see.

Agree, tall running backs are rare. In the instances where they are successful it's usually a bigger body a la Dickerson, or even Latavius. But man, there is something about the way he moves that makes me think it could work.

Totally get that he's a prototype DB...but man, that tape of him running is extraordinary.

Should we try him at RB? Watching his tape and wow, he is making some big boy cuts, spins, good acceleration. The competition looks poor but film is more impressive than Stritzinger.

Has anyone heard if this is a possibility?
cornerback all the way I bet.

cornerback all the way I bet.

I thought the same. But went back and watched his highlights and couldn't help but be impressed. Didn't look like a DB playing offense...looked like a talent on offense.

Happy he's here in whatever capacity.

I thought the same. But went back and watched his highlights and couldn't help but be impressed. Didn't look like a DB playing offense...looked like a talent on offense.

Happy he's here in whatever capacity.
We do have one rb coming in who seems to be a brute.

We do have one rb coming in who seems to be a brute.

Huge fan of Markenzy. I'm just not sold on Allen being that home run hitter - the coaches do keep saying he is so I'm probably wrong.

Ifeatu just seems to make moves that are not normal. Field littered with defenders grabbing air. Just hard to ignore that.

DB's make more money and play longer than RBs. And in today's high flying offensive game, DBs can arguably make a bigger impact.

If he has any shot at all of being an elite DB, it is in his best interest (and his team's) to play DB.

DB's make more money and play longer than RBs. And in today's high flying offensive game, DBs can arguably make a bigger impact.

If he has any shot at all of being an elite DB, it is in his best interest (and his team's) to play DB.

Definitely understand this and agree. In a prior life I made evaluations of prospective NFL talent.

In this instance, his running ability on his senior tape is a bit different than what I'm used to seeing with defensive players.

If DB is where it's at, I'm more than fine. This staff's talent evaluation is hard to argue with.

Huge fan of Markenzy. I'm just not sold on Allen being that home run hitter - the coaches do keep saying he is so I'm probably wrong.

Ifeatu just seems to make moves that are not normal. Field littered with defenders grabbing air. Just hard to ignore that.
Well if we get Stevie III, I think we will have one pretty good rb.

Definitely understand this and agree. In a prior life I made evaluations of prospective NFL talent.

In this instance, his running ability on his senior tape is a bit different than what I'm used to seeing with defensive players.

If DB is where it's at, I'm more than fine. This staff's talent evaluation is hard to argue with.
He does have a smooth running style. I would probably have the same enthusiasm as you if it wasnt for the competition level he played against. I do see why you are high on him there. Monster numbers. I think the staff will give him a look, ultimately I think his skill set will be more valuable somewhere in the secondary. I cant imagine how good he will be with everyday DB instruction and workouts.

He does have a smooth running style. I would probably have the same enthusiasm as you if it wasnt for the competition level he played against. I do see why you are high on him there. Monster numbers. I think the staff will give him a look, ultimately I think his skill set will be more valuable somewhere in the secondary. I cant imagine how good he will be with everyday DB instruction and workouts.

Yeah level of competition is really bad so it's tough. He'll be great wherever he plays. Just have hope that Allen goes to corner and Ifeatu makes a surprise move

Hard to run the ball at 6'3 but it can happen. I think he would be a Wr if they played him on offense. He looks like a prototype DB though. Good to have options. We will see.

Total stud, last stud i saw at 6'3" was eddie george. Hard to cut and get low at that size. But, who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom