CBI Anyone? | Syracusefan.com

CBI Anyone?

kingtidge

All American
Could we be Daytona-bound for one more shot at glory?

Or, with the thin bench, would coach decline the invite?

With how well we travel and the number of orange fan retirees in Florida, I'd be shocked if they didn't extend an invite.

I don’t think SYR would accept. Maybe a couple of mediocre P5 teams and a bunch of mid and low majors who had good seasons. We're not gonna hang a CBI banner in the Dome if we won it. I don’t think it does anything for the brand.

I don’t think SYR would accept. Maybe a couple of mediocre P5 teams and a bunch of mid and low majors who had good seasons. We're not gonna hang a CBI banner in the Dome if we won it. I don’t think it does anything for the brand.

Play on and get better... don't have to hang the banner, but it's post-season play...

If I aj not mistaken, their rules exclude us.

Play on and get better... don't have to hang the banner, but it's post-season play...
I would say yes if we were a downtrodden P5 program that rarely makes the postseason (i.e. once a decade) or a team with a ton of young developing players. We are neither. Our only developing players are Jessie and Benny (if he comes back) and they can't play, out injured.

Something to think about when it comes to playing in the CBI. Would JB, the team, and the University wanna have the possibility of JB's 1100th win away from the dome and in a 3rd tier tourny(with one win) and his 1000th win (with 2 wins)

Edit: thats some riddle level math right there

Something to think about when it comes to playing in the CBI. Would JB, the team, and the University wanna have the possibility of JB's 1100th win away from the dome and in a 3rd tier tourny(with one win) and his 1000th win (with 2 wins)

Do the wins even count? This is a private tourney... is it even sanctioned by the NCAA?

It would probably cost the AD a lot to play in this tourney. That’s gotta be part of the calculus for all the schools invited.

If it wasn't sanctioned by the NCAA, teams could not play in it.

Teams that did would have been penalized long ago.

And warned not to ever participate in it again.

Same as the CIT, and the NIT before it was purchased/taken over by the NCAA.
I was just thinking the NCAA might count like a exhibition game.

It would probably cost the AD a lot to play in this tourney. That’s gotta be part of the calculus for all the schools invited.
It's a 50k entrance fee if I'm not mistaken... thats pennies to them.

I want Syracuse to go to whatever post season we get invited to... The winning streak is very important, and I really don't want Buddy going out like that. It will already be something he regrets forever, but it will be a little better if he gets to play another game or two.

I'd love to rescue the winning season streak but watching the presser, it seemed obvious that we are done.
Sure did seem that way, but maybe a couple days to think about it will change things.

Yeah we are done. I think they left their hearts in Brooklyn. Nothing for them to gain playing in a tournament like this. NIT, I think maybe they take a serious look at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom