CBS broadcast shows fan fall from the 3rd deck to the 2nd ay Sundays Bills game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

CBS broadcast shows fan fall from the 3rd deck to the 2nd ay Sundays Bills game

Even if he wasn't in company seats he can be fired. You are always representing your company. "At will" state.
You bring up an interesting point. We're seeing this in more and more situations where individuals livelihoods are put to the test because of things they do in their personal time. Social Media doesn't help these individuals b/c it's making evidence readily available. But correct me if I'm wrong, in an "at-will" situation you have to sign a contract that states your employment is at will. In doing so, both you and the company have the right to terminate employment without reason or justification. I didn't think you could be fired for this reason unless you signed the contract.

Good question Fin. Hopefully an HR person can chime in here

you know what you're talking about regarding spinal injury in general or you know this guy has spinal injury? i don't doubt the former. i doubt the latter. and, I'm not a fan of proliferating rumors.
The former, of course, but again you're missing the point. 90% of the patients I see have no idea how they hurt their backs. They say they weren't doing anything out of the ordinary when they got hurt, and I believe them. Back/neck pain is most often the result of accumulated trauma over time. The spine was not made to absorb the impact of a 200 lb object falling 20 or more feet onto it. There is an almost certain chance that some sort of soft tissue damage was done. It could be to the intervertebral disk(s) or it could be any number of ligaments. At 17 years old, there is also a good chance this kid has good muscle tone, and that has helped him bounce back quickly. However, once a disk or ligament is damaged it is never as strong as it once was. He may not have pain because of this event, I hope he doesn't, but if his neck starts hurting when he's 45, this will likely be a factor that he'll never consider because it didn't hurt at the time.

I don't how anything we have said is proliferating a rumor. We're expressing informed opinions which is no different than what we and others did following Marcus Lattimore's injury last year. If you're against opinions being expressed you may want to stay away from message boards.

Last edited:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=black beauties

Black Beauties (also known as Black Birds or Black Bombers) are a combination of Amphetamine (Speed) and Dextroamphetamine (Active salt in Adderall). Pills are typically 20 milligrams. Effects include a mild to moderate euphoria, increased hyperactivity, increased awareness of surroundings, increased interest in repetitive or normally boring activities (like Charlie Watts' drumming), decreased appetite, and decreased ability to sleep. The added dextroamphetamine reduces comedown effects compared to amphetamine alone, but not to the extent of methamphetamine.
Black beauties were the drug of choice for truck drivers during the late 60's and early 70's, prior to the advent of methamphetamine. Methamphetamine became popular because drivers had the ability to sleep after the drug's effects wore off.

You've learned well grasshopper.

You really are clueless. Lattimore suffered a devastating leg injury. It was traumatic and obvious. You use that to compare it to a situation where no one even saw how the person was injured. Then you go on to explain that this may be one factor, which combined with others, causes him neck pain down the road. I know you're eager to show off how smart you are but broadcasting that the guy is seriously injured when you have little to no information is a disservice to the guy who was injured, among others. I doubt a good Dr. would make any diagnoses based on the information available, and that's what I was pointing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really are clueless. Lattimore suffered a devastating leg injury. It was traumatic and obvious. You use that to compare it to a situation where no one even saw how the person was injured. Then you go on to explain that this may be one factor, which combined with others, causes him neck pain down the road. I know you're eager to show off how smart you are but broadcasting that the guy is seriously injured when you have little to no information is a disservice to the guy who was injured, among others. I doubt a good Dr. would make any diagnoses based on the information available, and that's what I was pointing out.

When did either of us say he was definitely seriously injured? In his original post Cuseregular said he was likely to have significant issues going forward. It was speculation and neither of us claimed it was any more than that. Why are you so adamant about twisting what we said into something completely different. What both of us have said is that just because he was released from the hospital following x-rays, doesn't mean he wasn't injured in some way. And we've said that based on our professional experience. What is wrong with that?

The analogy to Lattimore is that when that injury happened, despite having video, we didn't know for sure what the extent of the injuries were, but we still weighed in on the possibilities. I recall saying that there was a possibility for serious nerve and arterial damage that could have certainly ended his career, or worse, affect his daily quality of life. I'm glad that the worst case scenario wasn't what happened and now he's on an NFL roster with the opportunity to play in the future. Similarly, we don't know the specifics about this incident, but professional knowledge/experience allow for an educated opinion about the possibilities.

We aren't writing in a medical journal. We're commenting on a sports message board, and neither of us offered a "diagnosis".

The more you assert yourself, the more I think you must be the "jumper's" best friend or something.

Here's the article that Millhouse linked above, in case you missed it, http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/local/buffalo/2013/11/20/buffalo-bills-fan-fall/3649123/. Holy crap, Cuseregular may just know what he's talking about.

Response to Jgeorge

Clueless? Obviously not based on todays reports. No one saw how the person was injured? Wrong again, hundreds in that section reported seeing the guy fall directly onto the injured kid straight down creating compression injuries to the disc(s) as it turns out as was postulated here (that's postulated aka predicted as a likely outcome, NOT a diagnosis).

Out of curiosity why did you pick this situation to have such a vigorous (and wrong sided as it turns out) debate? Maybe you really are Jeff George.

[/quote]

Response to Jgeorge

Clueless? Obviously not based on todays reports. No one saw how the person was injured? Wrong again, hundreds in that section reported seeing the guy fall directly onto the injured kid straight down creating compression injuries to the disc(s) as it turns out as was postulated here (that's postulated aka predicted as a likely outcome, NOT a diagnosis).

Out of curiosity why did you pick this situation to have such a vigorous (and wrong sided as it turns out) debate? Maybe you really are Jeff George.

[/quote]

how is it wrong sided? my position all along has been that your assumptions were baseless. i never said the guy wasn't injured. just that we didn't know and i asked for your sources to back your original posts, which you had none. the hilarious part is that you are using the lawyer representing the guy to somehow justify your point. because the lawyer, who is interested in suing the buffalo bills, would come out and say, "oh, my guy is fine. he got really lucky actually." Erie Co is a plaintiff's dream comparable to bronx/phila/fulton co,ga. the lawyer doesn't confirm anything.

sufandu in my opinion significant issues going forward is comparable to a serious injury. also, can cusergular point out one fan who says this. there must be one he can source if there are hundreds of witnesses. Lastly, don't you understand i AM the jumper. besides, i didn't jump. i slid and fell.

sufandu in my opinion significant issues going forward is comparable to a serious injury. also, can cusergular point out one fan who says this. there must be one he can source if there are hundreds of witnesses. Lastly, don't you understand i AM the jumper. besides, i didn't jump. i slid and fell.
Did you look at the original link. Look at the retweet of SalSports from Jeff Savidge, "he landed 5 feet from me. Right across the row. He acted like nothing happened while the guy he fell on was hurt bad." There you have it. One person that saw it. Now, I'm sure you'll spin this as twitter not being real evidence, but then again you're not actually interested in the truth.

how is it wrong sided? my position all along has been that your assumptions were baseless. i never said the guy wasn't injured. just that we didn't know and i asked for your sources to back your original posts, which you had none. the hilarious part is that you are using the lawyer representing the guy to somehow justify your point. because the lawyer, who is interested in suing the buffalo bills, would come out and say, "oh, my guy is fine. he got really lucky actually." Erie Co is a plaintiff's dream comparable to bronx/phila/fulton co,ga. the lawyer doesn't confirm anything.

Just take your crow and eat it man. Cuseregular and sufandu both speculated on the types of injuries he might have, based on information from witnesses to the incident, and lo and behold, he is believed to have basically the exact injuries they suspected he might have.

how is it wrong sided? my position all along has been that your assumptions were baseless. i never said the guy wasn't injured. just that we didn't know and i asked for your sources to back your original posts, which you had none. the hilarious part is that you are using the lawyer representing the guy to somehow justify your point. because the lawyer, who is interested in suing the buffalo bills, would come out and say, "oh, my guy is fine. he got really lucky actually." Erie Co is a plaintiff's dream comparable to bronx/phila/fulton co,ga. the lawyer doesn't confirm anything.[/quote]
what are you 5 years old? Assumptions baseless? They were common sense observations based on medical reality, mechanisms of injury/physics which have turned out to be true. But they're still baseless huh? Reality, truth but still baseless? Ok.

You're really Not able to glean the behind the scene details? It's been a few days and the injured kid has likely gone to his dr. who likely did an MRI which demonstrated the injury to the tissues as described in the article by the lawyer. The dr. now has likely referred him to a neurologist for further assessment. So using your logic re the lawyer are you saying now that his dr., the MRI, the neurologist and the lawyer are all lying, this you know to justify Cuseregulars and sufandu's in Syracuse's opinions?

Just take your crow and eat it man. Cuseregular and sufandu both speculated on the types of injuries he might have, based on information from witnesses to the incident, and lo and behold, he is believed to have basically the exact injuries they suspected he might have.

I think jgeorge has only been to syracuse games. if when I fall out of the upperdeck, the odds are against anyone else getting hurt besides me. but at games that sell out, if you fall off the upperdeck, you're probably going to his someone, and it's probably going to hurt their head and neck pretty bad. you don't even need to stay at a holiday in express like cuseregular does to know that

What the hell is a black beauty?

Black beauties were a popular form of speed sold in capsules back in the 1970s. Sometimes people would chop them up like cocaine and snort them before going out drinking. Helped you avoid getting too drunk, and you could drink a lot more than usual. Very risky behavior, in retrospect, mixing uppers and alcohol, but that's how people rolled back then.

I think jgeorge has only been to syracuse games. if when I fall out of the upperdeck, the odds are against anyone else getting hurt besides me. but at games that sell out, if you fall off the upperdeck, you're probably going to his someone, and it's probably going to hurt their head and neck pretty bad. you don't even need to stay at a holiday in express like cuseregular does to know that
even the Holiday Inn Express itself knows this, JGeorge however wants you to stop speculating and assuming that this is the case, and wants proof, proof damn you, that this is the case and proof damn you that one of the hundreds of people around this actually saw it. Proof damn you