CBS Top-100 Players | Syracusefan.com

CBS Top-100 Players

Yea, only one SU player in the Top 100. Yet, if you flip the page you will find that 2 of the 5 CBS "experts" pick SU to win the Big East. Go figure.

Yup. And means nothing, given the rare circumstances, which will leave the average college follower in ignorance.

Dajuan hasn't played yet. Rak is going to break out but has to show it first he wasn't a monster as a freshmen but had a monster future.
Triche has been caught in between a sg/pg for three years but this year will lead as a senior and has to show it.
James inconsistant he has to show the consistancy.
CJ went to the lebron camp and probably belonged on the list somewhere but has to take more midrange jumpshots or extend his range if he wants to prove it and be considered a true 3. Reguadless hes above average offensively at the 4 for college ball making halfcourt transition.
Cooney and Grant nobody has seen yet.
They put one of our guys in the top 100 in hype thats pretty fair to everyone, well maybe not to Cj
wink.png

By the way, all these expectations have a nice chance of being met, which is a rare situation to be in.
wink.png

We're just such an unselfish team and roll 9-10 deep. Plus we just lost 2 1st rounders, 1 2nd rounder and another 5th year senior. A lot of players need to make a name for themselves this year.

Not really that shocking at all. Lots of unproven guys on our squad and Triche has already proven he is not top 100 level. Seems fair.. I think by years end, CJ and DaJuan will be considered top 100.

Gee, I wonder where Thomas Robinson was ranked before last year?* :noidea:
Those things are premature and meaningless- they're plenty of players who nobody knows about who should break out this year.

*Note: Looked it up- and actually Robinson was ranked pretty high (#6) in preseason.
Still say its largely a crapshoot- a better example would be our own Wes Johnson.

Not really that shocking at all. Lots of unproven guys on our squad and Triche has already proven he is not top 100 level. Seems fair.. I think by years end, CJ and DaJuan will be considered top 100.

Triche isn't top 100 player until you try and name a top 100 list without! That list is a joke!

Triche isn't top 100 player until you try and name a top 100 list without! That list is a joke!

If Triche were to never play ball again...what would you remember about him? What stands out? That he was a nice kid who deferred to his teammates? That he was a 40% shooter from the field?

If Triche were to never play ball again...what would you remember about him? What stands out? That he was a nice kid who deferred to his teammates? That he was a 40% shooter from the field?

that he was a very good all around player, a top notch defender at the top of the zone, and a key member of two of SUs five 30 win teams

Reactions: CIL
You forgot to add that for three years he somehow mesmerized his HoF coach into thinking he was worthy of starting and playing significant minutes on some of that coach's finest teams.

Seriously, do you ever have anything positive to say about any player that has come through the program?

Gee, I wonder where Thomas Robinson was ranked before last year?* :noidea:
Those things are premature and meaningless- they're plenty of players who nobody knows about who should break out this year.

*Note: Looked it up- and actually Robinson was ranked pretty high (#6) in preseason.
Still say its largely a crapshoot- a better example would be our own Wes Johnson.

Yeah I was gonna say Robinson was a guy who had monster per minute #'s but just didn't get a lot of run because of all the talent ahead of him.

But I agree in general. College players are at an age where they can (and some will) take huge steps forward in short periods of time.

How good do you think the top 100 in college are? He's top 100 not because he does one thing it's because he does everything well! Him deferring to his teammates has him on pace to win more games than any player in SU history! He does his job without the What plays that most players have on a regular basis. Being solid is one of the most unrated things in sports.

I'd remember him as the kid who was in line to become the all time winner in SU history before he mysteriously disappeared.

How good do you think the top 100 in college are? He's top 100 not because he does one thing it's because he does everything well! Him deferring to his teammates has him on pace to win more games than any player in SU history! He does his job without the What plays that most players have on a regular basis. Being solid is one of the most unrated things in sports.

I have to say I would need to see a top 100 list before putting Triche on it. My gut reaction is he is not one of the 100 best players in the country, but it's kinda hard to say.

Him deferring to his teammates has him on pace to win more games than any player in SU history!

Also having awesome teammates has helped in this. Not that he's bad, but him being the all time winningest player is going to be a function of your team more than anything else. If he was born 3 years earlier than he's not going to win as many games. And if we're lucky, he won't hold onto that title for very long either.

Also having awesome teammates has helped in this. Not that he's bad, but him being the all time winningest player is going to be a function of your team more than anything else. If he was born 3 years earlier than he's not going to win as many games. And if we're lucky, he won't hold onto that title for very long either.[/quote]

The point is you can't rip a kid for deferring if the team(s) is winning. It's not like he runs away from the ball or wasn't doing his part within the team concept...which was winnniiinnnggg!

Under your scenario I think the thing that would most stand out is whatever happened to him that had him never play ball again. Because his consistency and dependability have been his trademark.

I find the dislike for BT on this board baffling. Here is a local kid, being part of one of the best runs in SU history. Seems like a solid citizen, solid academics, good rep of the school. A big part of the anticipation for this upcoming season is to see how the team responds to BTs leadership. I'm expecting big things.

the only correction that I would make to this is that he does do one thing very well - he is an excellent defender at the top of the zone. A good portion of the steals that other guys get credited with are due to Triche's quick hands deflecting the ball. Triche is the primary reason for the defensive continuity from the great Andy Rautins-led squad.

We have been saying it the last two years. Triche is solid enough to be a 6th man or 3rd go to guy in a stagnant offense. Hes not going to kill you in iso or from 3.

But, he has also showed he can be a leader in a motion offense, and a scrappy player on D, rebounds, and loose balls. That might or might not not translate to NBA, but it should translate to near top 100 at the college level atleast.

I agree with your point Gabjon "you can't rip a kid for deferring if the team(s) is winning. It's not like he runs away from the ball or wasn't doing his part within the team concept."
but also would like to add...

I just don't want to see Brandon out there 34 mpg sitting back, its a waste of a guys game who doesn't have overappealing stats. If your going to use him make him above average. And hes a senior its his time.
I would rather see him out there 28-30 all over the court on offense and defense unless he surprises and is finally ready to run the isolation ball.

If Cooney is good enough to put up 15 ppg in big east ball (once in a while) then there is no reason we need Triche, MCW to be out there for huge minutes like Devendorf and Flynn did in 08-09 because we needed the scoring and had to get Rautins out there with them. My gut says Cooney will be good enough to which is good news.

I find the dislike for BT on this board baffling. Here is a local kid, being part of one of the best runs in SU history. Seems like a solid citizen, solid academics, good rep of the school. A big part of the anticipation for this upcoming season is to see how the team responds to BTs leadership. I'm expecting big things.

It really is curious. Talented, low-maintenance, team-first kids like Triche, Fair, Joseph, Onuaku and Rautins are the cornerstone of successful programs. I don't think it's a coincidence that we've had some of our greatest seasons when they've been around. I'm certain the coaching staff appreciates their value, even if a segment of the fan base does not.

Brandon Triche

Career Shooting Stats
Season TEAM G MIN FG FGA FG% FG3 FG3A FG3% FT FTA FT% PTS AVG
2009-10 Syracuse 35 747 100 200 50 32 80 40 52 82 63.4 284 8.1
2010-11 Syracuse 35 1009 130 310 41.9 50 150 33.3 80 95 84.2 390 11.1
2011-12 Syracuse 37 834 121 287 42.2 42 120 35 62 80 77.5 346 9.4
TOTAL 107 2590 351 797 44 124 350 35.4 194 257 75.5 1020 9.5
More Stats
Season TEAM G MIN REB RAVG A AAVG STL SAVG BLK BAVG TO
2009-10 Syracuse 35 747 63 1.8 99 2.8 30 0.9 2 0.1 71
2010-11 Syracuse 35 1009 94 2.7 100 2.9 28 0.8 3 0.1 72
2011-12 Syracuse 37 834 91 2.5 95 2.6 37 1 4 0.1 51
TOTAL 107 2590 248 2.3 294 2.7 95 0.9 9 0.1 194

Peyton Siva

Career Shooting Stats
Season TEAM G MIN FG FGA FG% FG3 FG3A FG3% FT FTA FT% PTS AVG
2009-10 Louisville 31 349 38 88 43.2 19 47 40.4 25 41 61 120 3.9
2010-11 Louisville 35 975 114 256 44.5 25 92 27.2 94 138 68.1 347 9.9
2011-12 Louisville 38 1203 121 301 40.2 17 69 24.6 88 119 73.9 347 9.1
TOTAL 104 2527 273 645 42.3 61 208 29.3 207 298 69.5 814 7.8
More Stats
Season TEAM G MIN REB RAVG A AAVG STL SAVG BLK BAVG TO
2009-10 Louisville 31 349 26 0.8 56 1.8 31 1 2 0.1 46
2010-11 Louisville 35 975 109 3.1 182 5.2 69 2 6 0.2 101
2011-12 Louisville 38 1203 121 3.2 211 5.6 64 1.7 5 0.1 131
TOTAL 104 2527 256 2.5 449 4.3 164 1.6 13 0.1 278

Siva is number 34 on CBS' list and Triche is not on the list!

CBS. right. and lesley vissar is top 100 sideline hotties. (and yes i know the backstory so save yourself the outrage.)
also pleez keep in mind that altho triche is a starter he has not yet been asked to play mucho minutes.
and the reason is usually becuz the guy behind him is a better player. guards are a bit too thin this year imo and triche is gonna have to log some major court time. i truly hope he has a breakout year.

FWIW, on Chad Ford's most recent update to his draft board, he has MCW at 18, CJ at 26 and Rak at 73 (and Brandon at 136)

but remember, this is not a ranking of the best college players, but of the best pro prospects, and there is a big difference. Nerlens Noel could put up a lackluster freshman season and still be considered a lottery prospect.

That he won about 4 games for us last season. Was our best defensive guard and plays with a calm cool demeanor.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

How 'bout this one...he has started four years...and in fact, probably would be the winningest 4 year player in 'Cuse history (Scoop doesnt count as 5th year player).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom