10/12 at NC State L
10/19 at Georgia Tech L
10/26 OPEN DATE
11/2 Wake Forest W
11/9 at Maryland L
11/16 at Florida State L
11/23 Pitt W
11/30 Boston College W

As far as preseason predicts go seems about right however i don't see us losing Clemson, nc st , g tech all in a row.

Looking at the schedule, I really think anything from a 5 to 8 win season is possible.

I don't see us losing to NW.
Will be a tough game. They return their starting QB, Colter and Mark. NW has a lot of weapons on offense. Our defense will have their work cut out for them.

Need our offense to put up some points to win this one. Hopefully McDonald has something up his sleeve.

Also, they had one of the top SPT in the nation. Mark was All-American punt returner I believe. Can't have the same lapses on SPT and let them work short field for points.

Should be competitive game, but I don't think I will be overly upset if SU loses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Will be a tough game. They return their starting QB, Colter and Mark. NW has a lot of weapons on offense. Our defense will have their work cut out for them.

Need our offense to put up some points to win this one. Hopefully McDonald has something up his sleeve.

Also, they had one of the top SPT in the nation. Mark was All-American punt returner I believe. Can't have the same lapses on SPT and let them work short field for points.

Should be competitive game, but I don't think I will be overly upset if SU loses.

Agreed on all points except I'll be rather upset if SU loses. NW's offense should be potent but they do lose a lot from thier defense.

Somewhat of a reverse in terms of lost and returns on offense and defense.

Syracuse
2013 CFN Pred: 6-6
2013 ACC Pred: 3-5

8/31 Penn State (in NJ) W
9/7 at Northwestern L
9/14 Wagner W
9/21 Tulane W
9/28 OPEN DATE
10/5 Clemson L
10/12 at NC State L
10/19 at Georgia Tech L
10/26 OPEN DATE
11/2 Wake Forest W
11/9 at Maryland L
11/16 at Florida State L
11/23 Pitt W
11/30 Boston College W

That's exactly my prediction actually, except that I think we beat Maryland to make it 7 and 5.

Agreed on all points except I'll be rather upset if SU loses. NW's offense should be potent but they do lose a lot from thier defense.

Somewhat of a reverse in terms of lost and returns on offense and defense.
Don't get me wrong... I don't want to see SU lose a game! That said.. minus a few bad turnovers, their defense wasn't that spectacular last year and we still lost. I think this year, our offense really needs to set the tone in this one, or it could get ugly.

Don't get me wrong... I don't want to see SU lose a game! That said.. minus a few bad turnovers, their defense wasn't that spectacular last year and we still lost. I think this year, our offense really needs to set the tone in this one, or it could get ugly.

I would agrue that we didn't actually lose that game. ;) Keon Lyn would likely agree with his 5 yard in bounds hit out of bounds call at the end of the game.

Guess what though? We're the road team this year and get to bring our officials! Hope they are briefed on last years proceedings.

I don't know about the PSU game, but I think we'll at least split the Maryland/ NC State games.

It seems odd that a publication would predict that we beat PedSt. and only manage 6-6 overall. I realize they aren't what they've been, potentially, given scholly restrictions and some defections, but the last time we saw them they physically pounded us in the trenches on both sides of the ball and they still have some talent and a pretty good coach.

My guess would be that if we actually pull off a win vs. PedSt. that we actually go on to have more like a 7-8 win season. Maybe more in the 5-6 win range should we lose that opener.

It seems odd that a publication would predict that we beat PedSt. and only manage 6-6 overall. I realize they aren't what they've been, potentially, given scholly restrictions and some defections, but the last time we saw them they physically pounded us in the trenches on both sides of the ball and they still have some talent and a pretty good coach.

Let's not forget that the pounding in the Carrier Dome was with GRob running the show and then the following year it was Marrone. And If I recall, comments from the PSU players that second year said we were the hardest hitting team they faced.

Let's not forget that the pounding in the Carrier Dome was with GRob running the show and then the following year it was Marrone. And If I recall, comments from the PSU players that second year said we were the hardest hitting team they faced.

True -- I just remember that as one of those games that ended like 28-7 but it seemed like SU played pretty well just to be remotely close. I'm not counting us out vs. PSU as much as saying if we beat them I think we'll have a group capable of competing at a pretty high level in the ACC. Maybe not winning the division, but certainly more like 4-4/5-3 than 3-5 or 2-6.

That Grob PSU game featured one of the worst moments in Carrier Dome history. On the very first possession of the game, PSU had the ball and drove nearly the length of the field like a hot knife through our butterball players. Then we get them to fumble at like the 5 and recover. The place is rocking. Then on the very next play we fumble it right back. The rest was rout city.

P.S. I still hate you Grob.

That Grob PSU game featured one of the worst moments in Carrier Dome history. On the very first possession of the game, PSU had the ball and drove nearly the length of the field like a hot knife through our butterball players. Then we get them to fumble at like the 5 and recover. The place is rocking. Then on the very next play we fumble it right back. The rest was rout city.

P.S. I still hate you Grob.

lol, I was going to post that because I remember it vividly, but I didn't want to bring up a bunch of bad memories.

I really don't get what people see in Maryland and NC State this year...

I can't fathom losing to Maryland, nc state AND Georgia tech. No way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom