10/19 at Georgia Tech L
10/26 OPEN DATE
11/2 Wake Forest W
11/9 at Maryland L
11/16 at Florida State L
11/23 Pitt W
11/30 Boston College W

I broke it down in groups.

Need to split the 1st 2. Northwestern will be tough, but definitely think we get Penn St

1-1

Must have the next 2

3-1

The next 3 are the toughest in between our byes. Need to get at least 1

4-3

Have to have Wake at home after a bye

5-3

Hope to split the next 2, Maryland W, FSU L

6-4

Very winnable last 2 games at home

8-4

It seems odd that a publication would predict that we beat PedSt. and only manage 6-6 overall. I realize they aren't what they've been, potentially, given scholly restrictions and some defections, but the last time we saw them they physically pounded us in the trenches on both sides of the ball and they still have some talent and a pretty good coach.

My guess would be that if we actually pull off a win vs. PedSt. that we actually go on to have more like a 7-8 win season. Maybe more in the 5-6 win range should we lose that opener.

Probably more of a sign of people predicting Penn State's sanctioned demise.

That 28-7 game was Marrone's first year. I thought PSU's QB, Daryl Clark, was the difference. Would seem surprising if they get efficient QB play to start this year.

Then again, there's our situation.

Unless the O/U is set at 14 or lower, I'm betting the under. I can see this being a 13-7 type game.

Not to keep bashing the kid this morning, but Plavin was saying fans are nuts to think Cuse will go bowling this year. His points were the player and coaching losses, with an emphasis on Shafer's coaching ability being unknown at this point. Is it really that crazy to think 7-5, 6-6 are feasible? I sure don't think it's drinking the kool-aid to feel optimistic about the season. It's not like people are talking ACC title right now.

Not to keep bashing the kid this morning, but Plavin was saying fans are nuts to think Cuse will go bowling this year. His points were the player and coaching losses, with an emphasis on Shafer's coaching ability being unknown at this point. Is it really that crazy to think 7-5, 6-6 are feasible? I sure don't think it's drinking the kool-aid to feel optimistic about the season. It's not like people are talking ACC title right now.
My expectation is 6 and 6, but my prediction is 7 and 5. We really need to get off to a good start though. The middle of our schedule us difficult.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Beating Penn State would definitely be huge for many reasons. But I don't necessarily think a loss would be an indicator of a 5-7, 6-6 type season. So long as we show and play well and tough and ... what's that word? Aah, yes: hard-nosed ... we'll be fine.

Allen, as pointed out well by OiG, will be at least - if not more than - capable. And if Hunt (or Loeb or Kinder) somehow beat him out, that will be a great sign. No way would it be 'cause Drew sucked.

Sure the OL and DE are also question marks, but if they are competitive against PSU fronts (which I think they will be), that'll set the tone. All those areas should improve anyway as the season progresses. By midseason I expect them to be quite good.

Hmmmm. ACC refs are actually useful in OOC road games. ;)

Hopefully one or two of those refs were abused when they were young. (I kid. I kid.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom