CFN Syracuse Preview | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

CFN Syracuse Preview

Truth. ^^^. You said it better than I did money. Liberty was a good team and how fast it happened is irrelevant. Syracuse D will need to show up that day. I think our defense is going to be pretty good. Fast and aggressive. If last year was any indication.
I’m hoping the defense will be better because the offense will be better.

I’m hoping the defense will be better because the offense will be better.
I think that's extremely realistic.

Plus... d-line is back and more experienced. Linebackers are back and more experienced. It looks like the losses in the secondary are heavy, but since 2 of the 3 guys didn't last the season, really, we're talking about replacing Iffy and seeing some improvement out of all of the guys that were pressed into action. It seems realistic that with an offseason to get ready, both physically and mentally, that they'll be better.

I'm pretty bullish on the defense in general. And yeah, they'll be helped a whole lot by having an offense that doesn't outright suck in historic ways.

I think that's extremely realistic.

Plus... d-line is back and more experienced. Linebackers are back and more experienced. It looks like the losses in the secondary are heavy, but since 2 of the 3 guys didn't last the season, really, we're talking about replacing Iffy and seeing some improvement out of all of the guys that were pressed into action. It seems realistic that with an offseason to get ready, both physically and mentally, that they'll be better.

I'm pretty bullish on the defense in general. And yeah, they'll be helped a whole lot by having an offense that doesn't outright suck in historic ways.
Good points. I think we are ok at safety. I’m worried about the other corner spot more than anything. If Garrett gets banged up we are screwed.

Last edited:
Liberty has some weapons on offense, and a smart offensive mind as head coach.

That said, we should outscore them this year. No reason they should be able to stop us.

Liberty might have a spectacular QB, but we are used to playing spectacular QB's. No reason we can't win

Good points. I think we are ok at safety. I’m worried about the other corner spot more than anything. If Garrett gets banged up we are screwed.
I just keep going back to how at the start of last season Garrett and Cornelius we're splitting snaps.

I just keep going back to how at the start of last season Garrett and Cornelius we're splitting snaps.
No doubt. Im just waiting to see him perform before I feel good about the position. He's recovering from a major injury and he lost out on valuable experience. He's still unproven.

What really killed Cuse was horrific QB recruiting and bad luck and misses at the OL.

Syracuse needed to bring in an upperclassmen QB by JUCO or transfer for 2019. Rex was a great kid but you couldn't win with him.

The OL has had too many medical DQs and freak off season injuries. We are a developmental program and need 20-23 year men on the OL to compete.