CFP poll and final ranking question | Syracusefan.com

CFP poll and final ranking question

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
So now that the CFP poll has kicked in it is the one that matters and everyone refers too. But what about when its all said and done? Is there a final CFP poll or do we revert back to coaches/AP? Never really cared to figure that out prior to this special season. Go Cuse! See ya Friday

The college football poll is the only one that matters from here on out. It isn't a bunch of coaches, or writers who just vote based off perception, and record. It's made by a committee who goes over each teams resume. They factor in road vs home, margin of victory, they take into account injuries etc. I think it's a more accurate representation. The top 4 teams in the poll make the playoff. Who ever wins the 2 playoff games ends up #1 in the poll.

The college football poll is the only one that matters from here on out. It isn't a bunch of coaches, or writers who just vote based off perception, and record. It's made by a committee who goes over each teams resume. They factor in road vs home, margin of victory, they take into account injuries etc. I think it's a more accurate representation. The top 4 teams in the poll make the playoff. Who ever wins the 2 playoff games ends up #1 in the poll.

Yeah, I get that. My question is after all the games, bowls and playoff games are played is there one final CFP poll for end of season rankings? Or do they just do rankings up until the the conference championships have been completed and the bracket is set.

Yeah, I get that. My question is after all the games, bowls and playoff games are played is there one final CFP poll for end of season rankings? Or do they just do rankings up until the the conference championships have been completed and the bracket is set.

No, the CFP Final Poll is the one after conference championship games week is played. They don't do another ranking after the playoffs and bowls are played.

Cheers,
Neil

No, the CFP Final Poll is the one after conference championship games week is played. They don't do another ranking after the playoffs and bowls are played.

Cheers,
Neil
I didn't know that. So the next question is, since there is no CFP poll after the championship game, does the AP (which I feel holds more weight than the coaches poll) base their top 4 on who made the playoffs, and then 5-25 are determined the same way they make their picks throughout the year?

I just know that Syr.com folks like to use the AP ranking in their headlines

Dumb

I didn't know that. So the next question is, since there is no CFP poll after the championship game, does the AP (which I feel holds more weight than the coaches poll) base their top 4 on who made the playoffs, and then 5-25 are determined the same way they make their picks throughout the year?

No. So far the AP's Final Poll has reflected the CFP winner and the CFP runner-up as #1 and #2 in their final poll, but #3 and/or #4 may or may not be the semi-finalists of the CFP.

Cheers,
Neil

Too bad, seeing as the CFP poll has us ranked the highest (for now) thats who I'd like to stick with for final end of season ranking, unless one of the others were higher of course!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom